The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar

Calorie cycling, 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Just decided to start bulking a few weeks ago, and damn it feels good. I seem to be getting leaner on my arms, chest, legs, back.... everywhere except my gut. Ah well, i can live with it. I cut 50 pounds before, cutting a few more in the future wont be too hard... anyways.... ive made nice gains in the ~15 days ive been bulking, so i was wondering you guys think its feasible, beneficial, etc to bulk and cut something like 2 weeks bulk, 2 weeks cut? This would prevent my from blowing up and having to buy new clothes, but would it hinder my overall gains when compared to.... 2 months bulking, 2 months cutting.

The obvious other benefit is psychologicaly. A two week cut is nothing. I was thinking of running it like this...

Day 1-13: 3600 calories
    Day 14: (rest day) 3000 calories
    Day 15: 2900
    Day 16: 2800
    Day 17: 2700
    Day 18-27: 2600
    Day 28: (refeed) 3000 calories

Of course the calories are going to fluctuate over the weeks (im guessing).
    BTW, i still have a good deal of fat to lose, im ~14-16% its been about a month since my last caliper reading, so just guessing based on mirror compared to last month. My goal would be to gain 10-15 lbs LBM and lose 10-15 lbs FAT.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you are going to try and cycle calories I would go with longer bulking/cutting cycles, because of the fact that it will take time to transition between the each cycle. A two week bulking cycle would not be enough time to put on any significant amount of muscle, and I am assuming that you will be only slightly above maintenance cals (~500).

I would also try playing around with the lengths of each cycle. Say you notice that you are not putting on much bf, then I would keep eating above maintenance until you start to notice a little fat gain. Same holds true for the cutting cycle. Basically just try and get the most you can out of each cycle and then make a transition into the next cycle.

Hepe that makes sense.

Re: Calorie cycling, 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Originally posted by JuniorMint6669
    My goal would be to gain 10-15 lbs LBM and lose 10-15 lbs FAT.
    You specify a one-month diet plan. You don't plan on trying to achieve your stated goal during that one month do you? I'll assume you don't, because that would be one AMAZING feat.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar

Re: Re: Calorie cycling, 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Originally posted by dirty-c

You specify a one-month diet plan. You don't plan on trying to achieve your stated goal during that one month do you?
    haha no... eh... i wish. i mean it as a long term goal. keep cycling until i reached that goal. the 1 month plan would be repeated over and over. maybe i can use waist measure as my guide. When I get up to 34... time to cut... when i get down to 32 time to bulk...

Thanks for the info bradley, yes it does make sense Im not a very well trained individual... yet... so thats why i think im seeing such good results in such a short period of time. I have NEVER (read: NEVER) lifted weights while in a caloric surplus in my life. But at the same time, this is the first time ive been trying to gain weight in about 10 months. So its kinda exciting and kinda scary at the same time.