The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaster Worm!

Blaster Worm!

Has anybody else been infected by the new Blaster Worm? I got it earlier this week and it was bogging down my computer big time. It's a fairly easy fix to get rid of it though. If your computer's acting funny I'd check to see if you have it.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    I have already downloaded the patch for it from microsoft.com. Just downloaded it just in case when I get it.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I think our agency got it, but our computer people were able to fix it quickly as you said.
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

Yeah it was pretty easy. I downloaded a trial version of Zone Alarm (firewall for those that don't know) and it blocked the worms traffic. Then ran a online virus scan at Trend Micro. They detected it in about 10 seconds and removed it from my system. It's all good now!

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    MS = owned muahahhahahahahahahhahahah
    w00t

I have it and tried the trend micro thing and it didn't pick it up, any other ideas?
    half the time I have no idea what you're talking about. the other half, I'm not listening.

decease, RIP
    you can download the Norton removal tool: http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

I didn't bother with the windows patch, one virus is enough.
    big.

I just set up an IPSec Policy on my 2k Server, and filtered out the relevant ports. My AV is up to date, but I still haven't patched at home. Don't really need to, until it becomes a UDP based exploit. Patched our machines at work, though.

I have a decompiled copy of the exploit without the worm and payload which can be compiled under Unix into a binary to test against your Windows machines, if anyone's interested.
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

Originally posted by Yaz "Zay!"
    I just set up an IPSec Policy on my 2k Server, and filtered out the relevant ports. My AV is up to date, but I still haven't patched at home. Don't really need to, until it becomes a UDP based exploit. Patched our machines at work, though.

I have a decompiled copy of the exploit without the worm and payload which can be compiled under Unix into a binary to test against your Windows machines, if anyone's interested.
    I think you took a wrong turn on the information super highway. You see this is a health and fitness forum. The forum for Sys. Admins was down a little farther

Originally posted by flake
    I have it and tried the trend micro thing and it didn't pick it up, any other ideas?
    Are you sure you have it then? You can identify the .exe file in your Task Manager under the proccesses tab. And I believe the only OS that are in danger are Win 2000, XP and 2003 Win Servers. Those are the only machines that have to security breach and need the patch.

Originally posted by Tim Nissen

I think you took a wrong turn on the information super highway. You see this is a health and fitness forum. The forum for Sys. Admins was down a little farther
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Are you sure you have it then? You can identify the .exe file in your Task Manager under the proccesses tab. And I believe the only OS that are in danger are Win 2000, XP and 2003 Win Servers. Those are the only machines that have to security breach and need the patch.
    Er I dunno I got a couple of emails rejected with virus warnings on it and one recognised it as that, but I know about as much as things on my computer=bad
    half the time I have no idea what you're talking about. the other half, I'm not listening.

Er I dunno I got a couple of emails rejected with virus warnings on it and one recognised it as that, but I know about as much as things on my computer=bad
    Well if you're not noticing decreased performance from your computer since Monday, then you probably don't have it.

Well if you're not noticing decreased performance from your computer since Monday, then you probably don't have it.
    My computers acting like I have three monkeys hitting it with sticks, especially my broadband - feels like I have dial up again.

Gen_chat worst nightmare

LOL

Good one.

My computers acting like I have three monkeys hitting it with sticks, especially my broadband - feels like I have dial up again.
    Oh. Well that's no good. That's a good sign you may have it. One thing the worm does is send a lot of outbound traffic from your computer while online, thus cutting down on the speed you'll have available to your browsing. Here's a link to a free trial version of Zone Alarm. It's firewall software that will block the worm from being able to operate.

Zone Alarm Download

Once you download and install this, then go to Trend Micro and have them scan your computer's hard drive. They should have no problem finding the worm (if you infact have it).

Trend Micro's House Call Virus Scan

On the right side of your screen there's a little box with a few links. Click on the one saying "Scan Now". Just follow the directions from there. It's pretty easy and it should be quick with your broadband connection.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Just make your firewall block your tcp/udp on 135 outgoing and you should be fine! On top of that also make sure you have a anti virus program installed! I'd recommend Kaspersky Antivirus and Tiny personal firewall..been using it for ages and it's keeping me safe 24/7
    -=-* Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *-=-

NT 4 is affected, if you read the revised Microsoft Knowledge base article. I guess I should have read your sig before posting my previous comment.

I didn't realize you suck at the Internet.

PS: The comment wasn't directed at you, specifically. I know there are a few people here who geek it...

... till it MHz. <insert tomato tossing>
    Last edited by Yaz "Zay!"; 08-23-2003 at 08:29 AM.
    AIM: RyanNSIT
    MSN: rlambert@netsourceit.com

I have no virus software. I was going to walmart today. Should I get Norton?
    I do download music and some 10 second video clips.

Originally posted by Berserker
    Norton is fine. If you're going to be online then you really need virus software. Otherwise it's like being at the local jail bent over with your pants down, you're just asking for trouble.

And if you're running a file sharing program then that increases the risk. I would look into getting a Firewall as well. They're very easy to use for even the most inexperienced computer users. I personally use Zone Alarm and I know another one was recommended in this thread as well.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Originally posted by Berserker
    Virus software is overrated. If you know what your doing you shouldn't ever get a virus. (ie don't download and execute any email attachements EVER) The problem with this "virus" was it exploited an error in your OS. You didn't really need virus software to stop this, just a patch for your windows.
    Oh also you can't get virus's from music or video files. But you can get them from scripts that they try to rename as files. ie Someband-nameofsong.mp3.vbs
    Don't open these.
    w00t

Originally posted by GonePostal

Virus software is overrated. If you know what your doing you shouldn't ever get a virus. (ie don't download and execute any email attachements EVER) The problem with this "virus" was it exploited an error in your OS. You didn't really need virus software to stop this, just a patch for your windows.
    Oh also you can't get virus's from music or video files. But you can get them from scripts that they try to rename as files. ie Someband-nameofsong.mp3.vbs
    Don't open these.
    Virus software is not overrated. You don't have to open an email to get the virus. Some virus scripts will open themselves and run without you having to do anything. But virus software will identify the virus and prompt you to take action when you are unable. And about file sharing for video and music files, it's not the files he needs to be cautious of, it's the file sharing program. When you're file sharing you're leaving yourself open to people uploading harmful files and trashing your computer. They can also upload Warez and set your computer up as a file storage center for others to download from without you even knowing. So yes, you do need Virus Software if you're online, along with a good Fire Wall. Anybody who tells you different hasn't got their info right.

I am currently protesting the internet!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

One crazy MOFO/Mail man

Virus software is not overrated. You don't have to open an email to get the virus. Some virus scripts will open themselves and run without you having to do anything. But virus software will identify the virus and prompt you to take action when you are unable. And about file sharing for video and music files, it's not the files he needs to be cautious of, it's the file sharing program. When you're file sharing you're leaving yourself open to people uploading harmful files and trashing your computer. They can also upload Warez and set your computer up as a file storage center for others to download from without you even knowing. So yes, you do need Virus Software if you're online, along with a good Fire Wall. Anybody who tells you different hasn't got their info right.
    Goning on 8 years on the net with High speed downloading Warez and all kinds of garbage. Only once did I get a virus that was because it was a prank by my friends. Scripts can't execute themselves (unless they are using a windows exploit such as ones that take advantage of IE) without your intervention. As for P2P software never use the standard client as it is full of adware and spyware. Even with these I highly doubt anyone could "hack" it to allow them to upload stuff too you. Even if they did it's your own fault for not noticing the network traffic/files on your computer. The only place that people truely are vulnerable to virus's are when they download executables (demos/small private programs) from unknown sources. Know what your downloading and who you are downloading from and you will never have a problem. Even with this Blaster virus many people with virus software got it because few people keep updated with their virus definitions.
    w00t

I have windows 98 which is not effected by the blaster worm. Is there any reason to get newer windows? I am think not. I don't buy software so thats not a problem. I only use excel, word and explorer. I am running old versions of them too. But the only thing I can't do are hyperlinks so not to big a deal.
    If I bought a digital camera does any of that software require newer windows?