The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 262 of 262 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262
Results 6,526 to 6,538 of 6538
    you shaved the chest hair? Lame. the hair is the source of my power. Then again, I have a different demographic. When are you in town next? I need to grab a drink with you and your completely insanely awesome girlfriend. If you're here next friday you two need to come on over. We're throwing a bigass holiday party. bartender's been hired, alcohol purchased, ...more to come.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

party sounds like fun rene, I wish I could have gotten together with you guys when I was in SF earlier this year. I'll be up there again around september of next year, we've def got hit it up.

grats on moving forward with your life josh, things have really turned around for you these last couple years. how is your arm? (from the car accident)
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Can't wait for the party. And since those pics were taken the hair is all back to Meredith's delight. .
    It does make status hard to monitor at this stage so it will likely come off again.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

And what car accident? I did that at work!
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

yeah the tough guy security work accident, mah bayd.. hows the arm feeling? did you ever get surgery?
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

Hey man, good to have you back in the fold.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Jake, Loss Prevention, thank you very much, nothing very tough guy about it either. Just went tumbling after somebody wrong.
    Drew! Good to see you, all these years and no capital "D" .....
    Ok, so I was going to spill my guts about working from home, but I'm still absorbing everything I can about the new company.
    It's little shit, like figuring out the new CRM, product lines and features, pricing etc.
    All in all it's the exact same job it was before.
    rolling out of bed and being at work is just my speed. I love it.
    being able to take my dog to the park and throw the ball around is also awesome, I don't feel like a loser dog owner for not getting home in time or walking him like I should.
    I don't think discipline is going to be an issue, I dedicated a 12 hr day today despite not being on the phone for much of it. I engaged a couple prospects within the market of a current client, told them I would send them an email on what we do and realized I don't even have that much information yet. I got a little bit ahead of myself it seems, my call volume is being monitored I'm sure and I still have to get out from under the pseudo-metrics of the last place and realize I work with a company that sees value in every aspect of what I do, and that's what got me the job and an entire fucking company fired.
    Pimpin' ain't easy I'm told.

So Here's what I did last night. It turned out to be a push pull, I needed the work, and was a day behind from getting shit set up.
    I switched the order up a bit, I was pretty disappointed in looking back at the history as it threw everything off.
    30x45 PPS
    20X90lbs
    18x100
    10x115
    8x120 I was pretty happy with these.

Hammer Strength Chest Press
    11x90
    4x100
    5x90
    These made me sad.

Pec Deck
    140x154
    150x15
    160x15
    160x15
    Lat Pulldowns
    15x240
    15x255
    8x270

Wide grip Cable rows
    150x15
    175x15
    180x15

Some Mid row machine, I forget and didn't bother to add it.
    70xa million, way too light
    90x15
    100x13
    100x13
    That was the sweet spot. I felt trap and rhomboid engagement, form was tight.

15 minutes of Incline walking.
    I was a little light on the calories yesterday.
    I should be shooting for around 3100 to maintain, and slightly above to expect results but the work just hasn't been there.
    It hasn't been my focus, I'm holding a little extra fluff in the midsection from the past few weeks. I swear to the Ancient Astronauts the hair makes me lazy. It hides shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred View Post
    I swear to the Ancient Astronauts the hair makes me lazy. It hides shame.
    LOL...

good sesh imo. I dig the volume.
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

Good to see you posting here again =)
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Great seeing you at the party, as always. Meredith's a keeper. You're a'ight. ;-)
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Good to be back guys, Also, René EPIC party. We will make it out as often as we possibly can. Your parties are just our speed!

Sorry for the lack of posting, the reason's been addressed above.
    I'd say I've been a lazy turd, and as far as lifting and even eating is concerned that's a fact. I haven't been in the Gym in two weeks ( I think, I can't remember).
    I'm starting to pick up momentum at the new job. Things have been falling together like I imagine they would for someone that's had his ass handed to him and paid his dues. The old company gets their official notice here on Wednesday.
    That will be the last of the variables in the transition; how they handle it.
    If they flip out and say "Fuck you " to the terminating company and decide to just roll other products with their existing clients, I get to step in and carry on with my clients on that program which would be a tremendous blessing. The company is giving them the option to prep their existing clients for the pending change, and service them for another 90 days.
    I feel they will take the latter route, but with vision being a problem for them they may just react emotionally like has been done in the past.
    Either way is fine, one is just better for me.

I Hit a chest session tonight to shake the rust and cobwebs loose. I've felt lazy, and look the part.

I downloaded Machine Gun Kelly's most recent Album after searching out the song on the HTC Rezound Commercial. Turns out that motherfucker's from Cleveland, and I really dig his sound. I gave the album a listen during the session tonight. I'll be listening to it for awhile. It's not really my genre, so I was surprised.

Session:
    Hammer Strength Chest Press.
    25x45, 15x70,10x90,4x100,4x90

Hammer Strength Incl
    15x90,8x100, 8x90, 8x90

Freemotion Flyes
    15x45, 15,50, 15x50, 15x50

One Arm Press
    12x70, 12x70, 12x70, 10x70,

You're posting here again?? Funny, I jumped on to see what was new and stubled across your journal. Will be interesting to get back in to updates on your crazy life

Shark? Hang on..Russow? Fuck I can't remember.
    It's been a few days, this'll be short but I didn't pull a disappearing act again.
    It's been nuts, but not the kind of nuts you're used to reading in here dude.
    I had a little wrench thrown into my works regarding the transition from the last company to where I am now.
    The old company was supposed to get shitcanned. They didn't. I'm rolling with it but I was supposed to be facilitating my existing clients, seamlessly, at 2.5 times the commission. Not happening now.

However, I'm shifting away from the print style marketing I was confined to, to Digital. WAY more my speed, and relevant. I took some of what the old owner used to say in his Rah-Rah meetings as gospel admittedly and man is he way the fuck off. That place is doomed unless they change their game as is, now I see they need to change industries.

This is when Dealers are all having their strategy meetings, and talking to all the folks that they put off in December. It's crazy.
    I'm training, I went back to the format MA and I set up when I started cutting, only I'm doing it better now.
    I've been running...
    I know right?!
    I've been doing a 2.5 mile loop with my dog. Tonight I outran him and he quit on me at the end like "Really dude? We've been together 7 years, and you start this Bullshit, and drag me along...NOW??!!"Go fuck yourself, I quit."

I didn't know it was 2.4 miles until tonight, ( probably a good thing.) tonight was the first night that I timed the run, up until now I just tried to ouptace the same album on my iPod. ( I tried a Skrillex live set tonight. Fuck that NEVER again. I need a consistent beat to run to. )
    It turns out at 25:03 at 2.4 I'm holding a 10:25 pace. It's only been a couple weeks, and I'm still 234.
    This makes me pretty happy.
    I've made and am making some big changes, why not the fundamentals. I hate running, and don't do it. So do it and embrace it. Conquer it. I'll do 2.4 in 18:00 some day soon, with an ultimate goal of 15 minutes. I'll measure improvement over a week and forecast based on that.

I'm eating clean, not really tracking cals anally at the moment. I'm focusing on getting into cardiovascular shape, getting used to running long distances, building endurance and maintaining what I've got.

I'll pop in.