Thread: delay in soreness?

Wannabebig Member

delay in soreness?

Hey..I'm not sure which forum this should go in..but I have a question. The last time I went to the gym was almost like 72 hours ago..(My car is in the shop and have no way there as I live in cowtown and nothing is close to me) And I had a pretty good workout. The only thing I'm wondering is..this time for some reason I was never sore in any muscles at all. Not even one..Until this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night and could barely move anything because I was so sore and stiff. Does anyone know why it took so much longer to get sore than usual? Normally either the same night or the next morning after my workout I start getting pretty sore. But it's never waited almost 3 whole days.. Is anything going wrong with my body or is it just a weird happening and I shouldn't worry about it? Thanks..

Its called DOMS, delayed onset muscular soreness. nothing to worry about. I never get sore until the day after the day after a good workout.

Wannabebig Member
    Alright, thanks for the reply. Atleast nothing is wrong with my body or anything.

Nothing to worry about. Just enjoy it.

Sometimes I'll be sore for two or three days.

I get that all the time on the third day. I don't realize how hard O worked out until I can't walk on the third day. I like it though.

I usually start getting sore right at 24 hours after my workout. I typically reach peak soreness after two days. Depending on how wired I was when I worked out, it is sometimes four days before all the soreness is gone. I often have some residual soreness when I hit the same group the next time. GOD I love when them muscles hurt!!!!

I usually get sore between 24 and 36 hours after a workout and typically reach my peak soreness around 36 hrs. after my workout. I used to hit the same group twice a week, so sometimes I'd be a little sore when the group came up again, but now that I'm a college student, I only have time to workout 3-4 times per week.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Wannabebig Member
    I used to do 440lb 20 rep hack squats (on a hammer type hack squat machine), the day after I used to climb the stairs on my knees, my arse & legs were sore for days, once I had to skip training them cos the were still sore a whole week later, once I just fell over at work as my legs gave way cos they were so sore, everyone just thought I was silly for doing that to myself, mind you I don't do them anymore!
    Last edited by Maccer101; 08-28-2003 at 06:41 AM.

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    You mean you were always doing the same weight with the same number of reps? That's not much progression.

Wannabebig Member
    I didn't think it was neccessary to post the entire range of weights & reps I used to do on this exercise.