The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jeff Weaver Sucks!!

did anyone see jeff weaver pitch lately it seems everytime he pitches for the yankees he lets up a lot of runs and gets the lose or lets up a lot of runs but yankees score more runs and they win.. this is incredibe with all the money the yankees have they shouyld get rid of this fool and pick up a real average starter.. the yankees believe weaver is deloping, this is b.s he sucks and hes nothing... for example tonight weaver was inthe bullpin and after pettite was taken out they put in weaver and he let up an immidiate homerun to the first hitter.. i mean come on this is not worth it weaver is not showing signs of improvement and i dont think he everwill... finally conclusion: GET RID OF HIM... well what does everyone else think about him

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Ummm not only Weaver sucks, the Yankee as a team sucks!!!! I hate the Yanks... so sick n tired of them having most of the good players and winning 5 series in 6 years. I stopped cheering for them after they won their third straight series. So sick n tired of Yankees.... Yankees.... I absolutely freakin hate them, I hope Boston will beat the living crap out of them in the remaining games with them.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

i see where your coming from, u relize how on all the other sports there a salorie cap.... why not baseball.. i think its something people should start thinking about doin in bball to give some of those not so rich teams a damn chance to compete......look at the frekin tiges there all rdy to lose ther 100th game already and its not even september... embarrasing

OMG, finally someone who understand... I totally agree with salary cap, I wish hockey will implement the salary cap so we don't have to watch Detroit, Colorado, Dallas and Rangers win the Cups in the next few years... well maybe not the Rangers since they have alot of good players but totally stink as a team.
    Football has a salary cap, and made things more even, makes the coaches force their palyers to put out more often. And makes the SuperBowl winner a guessing game.

BTW: When Arizona beat the Yanks, two years ago, that was sweet....
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

do u think that a salary cap would ever come in affect for baseball or hockey in the next few years

It'll come into effect in hockey since the collective bargaining agreement ends after the upcoming season, the owners are pushing for the slary caps while the Player Association will go on strike if it comes to that. Greedy mother****ers. But I don't know about baseball.

IM THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS

no you suck....

The Yankees suck.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

eatdirt i think you need to tone down that sig, heh

Jeff Weaver was a consistent, up and coming star before he went to the Yankees.

I honestly don't know what happened to him.

"Salary Control" in the NHL.....yes....quite soon.

"Salary Control" in baseball.......not for a while. The owners are finally "back in the driver's seat", though.

Now, they just have to be slow and steady (unfortunately, otherwise the players will freak out and strike) about the changes they implement.

The cap as it stands right now is around $128 million or so. That's not gonna hurt any teams, not even the Yanks. They can cut two players and get under that. Plus, I don't think the "cap" takes effect for another year or so.

Baseball needs help. Period. The ratings are shot. The days of increasing viewership on a consecutive year basis are done....over.

That's just life. There are too many other channels/shows/sports out there to watch.

Heck, baseball technically doesn't even "need" a cap. In 25 years or so, teams would be cashed-out anyway. Like I said, TV deals aren't going to continue to increase, at least not compared to the rate of inflation, etc.

This has already happened in the NBA. Their gate receipts are the same, their TV deal was actually the same (meaning less, if you consider inflation), yet player salaries increased.

You can't make money selling lemonade for 20 cents, if it costs you 20 cents to produce it.

The market will....theoretically......self-correct sometime, whether it takes 20 or 30 years.

That said, I'd love to see baseball have a true salary cap next week.

It's slightly more realistic to expect it in maybe 4 years. You probably won't feel the pronounced effects of it for 6-10.

With the NFL, I believe they introduced their cap in 1994, but teams didn't start slashing players until 1998 or so. That's when the sh*t really started to hit the fan.

The 49ers were still paying for players that were gone/leaving, same with the Cowboys. Plus, people just flat-out defected. That o-line was maybe the best ever assembled. You can't make ALL FIVE of those guys the highest paid linemen in the league.....you simply can't afford it. Not with 9 "sometimes all-pros" on defense, and 2 HoF guys at QB and RB.

It's a shame really.

If you really want to know what I'm "against", we could talk about free-agency. I understand it in the NFL, since the average career lasts 3 years or something like that, but in baseball and basketball?

Yeesh.

Don't like the way your coach instructs you to play? Too bad. He's your boss. Don't like the weather in Milwaukee?? Too bad. Live somewhere else during the other 5 months of your life. It's hardly a high price to pay for being an uneducated millionaire who gets to fly in a corporate jet to work for road trips.

Is it too much to ask for NBA players to spend more than their first 3 seasons with their initial team?!?

Darko Milicic is 18 years old. By the time he's any d*mn good, he'll be outta Detroit. Same for Carmello, barring a miraculous turn around in Denver.

im just a shame that my bench wont move up..... i death is an option for me got to go bye

i think im going to delete my sig

thanx u unshift you broke my heart.......

I think baseball sucks. Even when you're playing it. Too much waiting.

know baseball doesnt suck u suck too

Umm eatdirt, you really do suck... Maybe that's why baseball sucks and hockey f***ing rules!!!!

thats why more people like baseball than hockey u fruit cake..

Originally posted by eatdirt40
    thats why more people like baseball than hockey u fruit cake..
    In Canada, hockey rules... not baseball. In hockey, you have goals, hits, and fights. Baseball only gets entertaining when there's the occasional bench-clearing brawls.

As for calling me a fruitcake...tuttut

well im not from canada

Originally posted by Scott S
    I think baseball sucks. Even when you're playing it. Too much waiting.
    I can see why a lot of people don't like baseball, with the waiting. But there's something about hitting a walk off home run or scoring the game winning RBI. When you round those bags, there's no better feeling.

In the last tourney I played in I drove in the game winning RBI by hitting a rocket into the right field corner and my teamate scored from first. I've hit game winners in basketball and ran back touchdowns on defense in football. But the best feeling is rounding second while you watch the game winning run, that you just knocked in, come home. Then the crowds starts making noise and your bench clears to give you a celebratory beating at home plate. That's just an amazing feeling.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Originally posted by eatdirt40
    well im not from canada
    Ditto.

Tim that is true but i need to get a little bigger to hit one far enough to get that feeling lol

salary caps are BS, they are made so that the league can try to make every team equal. and thats crap....i hate the yanks but admire steinbrenner(however you spell his name), if he is willing to invest in his team then he buys championships and it pays him back.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

that's anarchy

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    salary caps are BS, they are made so that the league can try to make every team equal. and thats crap....i hate the yanks but admire steinbrenner, if he is willing to invest in his team then he buys championships and it pays him back.

????

Steinbrenner is on top for one reason, and one reason only:

His television deal with NY.

That's it.

They have great scouts (which they buy with their extra TV money), and a great farm system (which they buy with their extra TV money), but so do Oakland, Boston, the Expos, etc.

The Expos aren't going out of business because they aren't good businessmen.

They're going out of business because Canadian TV stations can't pay them $40 million a year for broadcast rights.

Trust me, nobody runs a tighter ship than the GM in Oakland. Nobody is better. Period. But his cash flow pails....absolutely SUCKS compared to Steinbrenner's because Steinbrenner gets triple the cash JUST FOR BEING IN NEW YORK, where a McDonald's value meal costs $8 instead of $3.95

Get real, bro. Seriously.

Why do you think they let Giambi go to the Yanks? They DON'T GET THE TV money that the Yankees do. They didn't have $12M extra per season to give to ONE GUY, or they WOULD HAVE. Period.

It's the same thing with all Pittsburgh teams. The market simply isn't there....the FANS are there....the people that go to the stadium, but television is not a "way of life" for Pittsburghians.

All Steinbrenner has is deeper pockets. I'm not saying he's not a good owner or president. But there are people equal to him, if not better. He has more cash, and bless his heart, he's willing to spend it.

I suppose N.Y. movie theatre owners are "better" than those in Michigan just because they can charge $11 a ticket instead of $7.50, even though it costs them the same amount to buy their rolls of film??

Read these following words, and learn them well:

SALARY CAPS ARE PUT IN PLACE TO CREATE A LEVEL "STARTING" PLAYING FIELD FOR FRANCHISES IN DIFFERENT TERRITORIES AND ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENTS.

The byproduct of this is that salaries are kept in check. A guy like Alex Rodriguez doesn't leave Seattle if the Rangers aren't allowed to pay him $22M per season. The state of Texas, and more specifically their TV deal.....provides more pocket change than the Seattle community. This should have nothing to do with two baseball teams competing with each other.

hmmmmmmmm tv deals......