Thread: Anyone go to or compete in the usa's

hi

Anyone go to or compete in the usa's

just wondering what you thought? it was my first time in it.

NPC USAs?

** Edit **

I think you and I train at the same gym.

If you are who I think you are, you've got THE most impressive physique I've ever seen in person.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 08-27-2003 at 10:08 AM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Where was it held and how'd you do?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

hi

usa's

the npc usa's were in vegas july 25-26.
    it was my first time out. i placed 16 out of 34 in the heavyweights.
    i train at powerhouse (fit tech) in baltimore
    why do you go there?
    if so describe yourself, i dont talk very much during training so i dont know too many names.

Yup.

I'm remarkably good looking. Can't miss me.

(Really.)

About 225. Not lean. Goatee. Green gym bag. I'm the guy who trains with bands and squats on a box (well, used to, now Troy told me I can't move the aerobics steps out of the aerobics room). I train alone, and almost always wear a netrition.com t-shirt.

You've spotted me (and vice versa) a couple of times.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I saw some pics from that show. Some very awesome competition there. Congrats on even making it to that show, that's tough!

I've been to one national level competition. Just as a spectator and not as a competitor. Yet.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    I train alone, and almost always wear a netrition.com t-shirt.
    LMAO.

Oh, the irony.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Har, har.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.