Thread: bad workout

bad workout

I just had quite a bad workout where on my barbell curls whilst I could do the same weight I couldn't do as many reps or sets.

Last time I did 3 sets of 6,6,4
    This time I only did 3 sets of 6,4,1

After the set of one I lowered the weight by 2.5kg and did 8 reps.

I was wandering what is the cause of this it really pissed me off coz I am trying to progress it might have something to do with that creatine ran out 2 days ago could this be a factor so soon after stopping use?

I didn't seem to have too much a problem with the other excerises actually I did a little better with them but I put this down to the fact that I was resting for 1 min 30 secs rather than 1 min. Next workout I will be going back to just 1 min rest as it suits me better.

Oh yeah also when people say that they can hardly move after a workout I don't understand how they get like this since I workout with the maximum that I can and although I am knackered I can still move alright and hardly ever have any soreness the next.

P.S. except the last 2 days when I had soreness in my lower back but I know this is because I have only just incorporated squats and deadlifts into my workouts.
    Last edited by tankdogg; 08-26-2003 at 08:10 AM.

I usually have days where im not really feeling the rush also. It is usually because of lack of eating the previous day or it can be because I didn't warm up that muscle enough. hope this helps.

I never ever warm up hmm maybe I should. Also on barbell curls when lowering the bar back down how important is it to lower the bar until your arms are straight? I probably go to something like an 80 degree angle.
    Last edited by tankdogg; 08-26-2003 at 09:18 AM.

You should try it. I usaully dont warmup but then i read that it was better because it brings the blood back into the body part you are working out. I usually lower the bar almost all the way down till it it is by my side. That is when i can feel the stretch.

Barbell curls are the hardest exersise for me to move up in weight, always have been. Don't sacrafice form for weight, if you keep training hard and eating good the jump in weight will come.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Wannabebig Member
    It's all about eating, dude. I'm on a pretty restrictive diet and I don't have as much energy in the gym. I just try to push it out and do as well as I can. If I have a very sufficient breakfast I could lift a damn car. But, I can only have a severely restricted amount of carbs, so my energy is down.

Other times I'm just not motivated enough. Just think about something that pisses you off.
    :|Alec

Everybody has bad days. Don't sweat it too much. Some workouts, I can't even put up the same weight, even if I have been eating and sleeping enough. What's important is that you worked out anyway.
    Last edited by Scott S; 08-26-2003 at 01:26 PM.

Good point Scott, also if possible adding concentration or preacher curls will help you I think.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Attitude, heart, desire.... some pretty key necessities for lifting.

EVERYONE has off days.

Sometimes, it can be a sign that you need a break.
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger