The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

powerlifting and HIIT

as i'm sure you can see by the number of threads ive posted on the topic, im trying to cut down on my bodyfat while trying to maintain/increase my lifts

anyhow, is there any good way to integrate HIIT into my routine without overtraining my legs? currently i have separate days for each lift and the assists, ie:

monday - deadlift
    wednesday - bench
    friday - squat

and on each of those days, perform olympic lifts as well

i'm thinking of doing AM cardio on those 3 days, then lifting later in the day. but i'd also like to incorporate some sort of HIIT in, maybe on tuesday and thursday. is this advisable, or will i burn out?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

thats an intersting ? i would like to know 2 the other week i did HITT once but i couldnt do it again b/c i was too sore

I'd start with once a week of HIIT, and see how that goes, then add more in.

You should be OK.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    HIT and powerlifting do not mix anyway fashion or form.

HIT focuses alot on muscular failure to build muscle while powe rlifting involves overloading the muscle to lift more weight, and there fore there is really no god way to incorporate both in training.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Do that voodoo that he do
    Originally posted by BigCorey75
    HIT and powerlifting do not mix anyway fashion or form.

HIT focuses alot on muscular failure to build muscle while powe rlifting involves overloading the muscle to lift more weight, and there fore there is really no god way to incorporate both in training.
    HIIT, not HIT.

High Intensity Interval Training, not High Intensity Training.

He's talking about sprint intervals, that type of stuff.

Wannabebig Member
    i do a lot of hiit type work, but nothing on a program (football practice).. i also lift PL style. obviously there will be *some* decrease in your ability to gain strength, but i think the benefit in conditioning/gpp is better in the long run as well as the bodyfat drop