The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Chapped Lips.

Chapped Lips.

Hmm, I've had chapped lips ever since I can remember anything . Are there any home remedies or panaceas to help treat chapped lips or am I stuck with them for the rest of my life? I'm thinking about asking a dermatologist about it, I use chapstick/vaseline/drink tons and tons of water too...
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quit licking them.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Great question, I have always had em too. Shut up squarehead
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Maybe you lick your lips alot too.

Raiders fan
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Raiders? Ouch, thats insulting At least you didnt call me an Eagles fan tuttut
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Originally posted by SquareHead
    Quit licking them.
    the problem is, I don't
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Of the driver ilk
    What sort of chapstick do you use? There are kinds out there with medication of sorts that can have a profound effect on chapped lips. I too had chapped lips for longer than I can remember, and upon using a medicated (I do not remember what was in it specificially) for a few weeks, all was well afterwards. Search around though for some and try it. Or do the smart thing and ask a doctor.
    "42"

I win.
    Are you taking any acne medications?

Is your water intake up to snuff? Drinking enough water really helps with this more than most people realize.Make sure you putting something on them to protect them from the leements (sun,wind) chapstick works...but isn't very "manly" then again when it come to the choice of looking manly or having the lady in your life tell you your lips are nasty....that shoudl make your choice easier! Get some carry with you everywhere you go and use it.

maybe put unscented lotion on them.

Originally posted by Riggs
    Are you taking any acne medications?
    yes, but I had chapped lips prior to taking the medications. I'm thinking it's a vitamin or EFA deficiency, hopefully it is... I just bought a bunch of fish oil pills anyways. 10 a day, jeebus...

I drink tons and tons of water, I've tried vaseline, medicated chapsticks, blistex, and right now I just use this Chapstick overnight treatment but I will most likely search for some kind of beeswax to use.

use CARMEX. it's the best chapstick i've ever used. if you smoke a lot or drink a lot, you can tend to have chap lips. Carmex is sold in any supermarket and at gas station around me. Works like a charm.
    ANYTHING can happen on a TUESDAY!!!

herpes?

Originally posted by Centaurion
    herpes?
    that's just cold sores, herpes type 2 I think.

I have mixed feelings about CARMEX. It works great but I felt the more I used it the more I felt the need to use it again. Became like an addition so I stopped using it all together.

One of the best chapsticks i've ever boughtn was from the army surplus store, lol. You know that Army comerical where they are up in the mountains and have white lips? That's what I look like when I ware it but they don't chap at all.

Or

Get some sparkly lip gloss You can say you were making on this chick and it got all over your lips.
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

Carmex works very well. But any wax based lip balm is addicting.

One company makes one without wax. Can't remember the name.

yes, Carmex works extremely well, I use the tube during the day and the blistex lip-medex "bottle" thingy that you apply with fingers at night before bed...

no more chapped lips, but you're right, the more you use it, the more dependent you get...

Are you serious that wax based stuff is addictive? I'm hooked on chapstick. I put it on several times a day to keep me from licking my lips and chewing on them.. but its addictive? Well, there's always hydrocortizone cream.
    Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex - Karl Marx

IMO is it. There is a reason why I don't use my carmax. Once I start I don't stop untill the thing is empty.
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career