Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyson signs w/K1...

Tyson signs w/K1...

Thought you would find this interesting...

http://ko.sherdog.com/viewnews.cfm?n...yykllAvrBEzRdM

I hope he gets stomped.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Holy crap that's gonna be great to watch. Hope he doesn't bite too many ears.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Simplistic
    He doesn't have a chance if he fights under K1 or MMA rules.

A lot of guys over on Sherdog seem to think he has a good chance against almost anyone. I dunno, I think he'll need a lot of fights before he finds his way in the sport, but I doubt that he'll stick around long enough to get there.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Simplistic
    He's way overrated IMO.

Did you catch that fiasco between him and Sapp at the last K1?

No, what happened there? I'm a relative newcomer to the sport, Eurosport here in Switzerland have started showing K1 meets and I'm hooked

I think Tyson would knock Sapp out inside 10 seconds.

tyson couldnt reach sapp's head to knock him out, sapp would own tyson.

damn near anybody could own tyson, he just isnt what he was 10 years ago
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

He might beat sapp in k-1, mma he has no chance.

Anyone with good knockout power always has a chance. To discount a guy with a bomb for a hand and a good chin is pretty ignorant. Most guys don't have the ability to end the fight quickly, tyson does, so to discount that is foolish.

Sure if he gets to the ground then he will probably not last long. It's not like he can't train a ground game, although, this is probably more of a publicity, quick money hit than anything else.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

The best place for Tyson to fight is the street. He is a squat low down dirty fighter, just the place for him. Go on Mike, go round to your local underworld bare fist boxing setup and eat some ears.:evillaugh

bob sapp is overated he is big and slow

vitor belfort is the man!
    Sychokid trying to solve an equation on AIM:

RolyPolyAA: 3x - 7 < 8.
    RolyPolyAA: okay well
    RolyPolyAA: minus 3x from one side
    RolyPolyAA: to the other
    RolyPolyAA: then take the 8
    WiNgS162k3: lol
    RolyPolyAA: and subtract it to the other side
    RolyPolyAA: and make them have sex
    WiNgS162k3: u dont know what the fvck ur doing!
    RolyPolyAA: until they produce a 69
    RolyPolyAA: and la la alal
    WiNgS162k3: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RolyPolyAA: ;-)

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    "tyson couldnt reach sapp's head to knock him out, sapp would own tyson.

damn near anybody could own tyson, he just isnt what he was 10 years ago"

Tyson has made his career from knocking out people with longer reach than him.

LOL at almost anyone owning tyson, if by anyone you mean lennox lewis and holyfield and other champion level boxers. I dunno if thats just damn near about anyone.

umm, Sapp has been shown to be relatively speaking a no skill loser who must fix his fights.

If its signed under K-1 it will be kickboxing most likely.

Sapp doesn't kick much either, he's really a boxer, you think Tyson won't kill him there?

U guys sure K-1 guys can measure up to pro boxers.... I dunno.....
    There talents pools a lot shallower. A LOT of people don't even know what K-1 is.

Normally, I don't hate people I've never met before, but Sapp is pretty damn close to being the exception. Go Go Go Tyson, annihilate him and stop k-1 from being a joke. Sapp imo is only good for K-1 in the short run, in the long run he will be their death.

El P, right on the money, tyson punches like a demon, he has a chance against anyone. About him being on the ground, I dunno, I think most poeple will have problems if Sapp was on top of them.

Tyson by decapitation round 1(0:36)
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

personally, i'd like to see mike fight a kickboxer.
    and i'm not overlooking tyson's ko power in mma, i just feel its a bit late for him to develop any significant ground skills.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Originally posted by ElPietro
    Anyone with good knockout power always has a chance. To discount a guy with a bomb for a hand and a good chin is pretty ignorant. Most guys don't have the ability to end the fight quickly, tyson does, so to discount that is foolish.

Sure if he gets to the ground then he will probably not last long. It's not like he can't train a ground game, although, this is probably more of a publicity, quick money hit than anything else.
    Exactly.

Tyson will take alot of punishment, too.

And don't forget what a mad mother he is.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

LMAO at Sapp beating Tyson,if there is one person in K1 that Tyson definately would beat,it is Sapp.He would be a perfect opponent for Tyson.Sapp has no stamina,no chin,no speed and he cant kick.Tysons big problem is that he is not used to taking leg strikes,and a good kickboxer will bring him to his knees with relentless kicks to his thighs.No doubt they will line up a few fights for tyson with other fighters with poor kicking ability,so they can get a few fights out of him,before putting him in with someone who will chop him down from below the waist.
    Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"
    Calves: 17.5"

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

All I am thinking of, is Tyson throwing body and headshots with tiny MMA gloves on. His punches will be much faster without bulky boxing gloves on.

Anything can happen in mma, so you should never count someone out. Especially a guy who made a career of sending world class fighters packing before the spectators could check their coats and get seated.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Originally posted by ElPietro
    All I am thinking of, is Tyson throwing body and headshots with tiny MMA gloves on. His punches will be much faster without bulky boxing gloves on.

Anything can happen in mma, so you should never count someone out. Especially a guy who made a career of sending world class fighters packing before the spectators could check their coats and get seated.
    Well put! Just cause he's old and outclassed inthe boxing ring by current heavy weights does not mean this guy can't fight......he's always been a BRUTAL PUNCHER.....as much as I can't stand his street thug mentality I still give this guy some respect he does know how to fight.

Originally posted by howsertrading
    LMAO at Sapp beating Tyson,if there is one person in K1 that Tyson definately would beat,it is Sapp.
    yup, he'd be the perfect high profile first big match for Tyson after he finds his feet....if he finds his feet.

If Tyson takes this seriously(yeah right) and learns just elementry ground and leg tactics he'll be tough. I think his power, speed and chin can make up for lack of ability elsewhere. I'm not saying he'll be the best, but very good. He's just so d@mn fast(he was so fast to begin with that even though he is slower he is still faster than most) and strong he will catch a lot of people off gaurd, even if they are expecting it.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Tyson has no chance.

He lost all of his boxing skills years ago. All he throws is haymakers from the basement, no more combinations. He does not have the mental capacity to fight another in a boxing ring, let alone having to watch for kicks, etc..

Lol, that's a pretty poor assessment, sure his skills aren't the same, but let me see, you are saying his skills aren't that sharp anymore, compared to the absolute top level of competition in boxing. Put him in a ring with guys making $1000 a fight and I'm sure his past training will still come out and shine.

If he can defend low kicks he could do well. I love how easily people can discount one of the greatest fighters of boxing ever. I am not even a tyson fan but at least think and try to look at it critically.

I don't think he'd need a haymaker to knock these guys out, unless maybe Lennox decides to stop making millions in boxing and step down to MMA. Fighters are fighters, anyone can connect with a punch, but who better to know about punching than a boxer. I'm sure he'll suck on the ground, but all it takes is one shot, I think he's proven that enough throughout his history.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Just to clarify, I'm not saying he'll dominate, or even necessarily win, but to speak in absolutes, such as saying no chance really is a poor assessment.

If any of these guys could go toe to toe with a world class boxer, I'm pretty sure they woulda gone that route, rather than settle for the chump change of mma.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I just cant stand tyson so I would love to see him get whipped. I do agree that Sap is very slow - I have seen him in a couple of matches and he is way overrated imho. Tyson does have quite the punch/chin to be able to hold is own.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Wannabebig New Member
    Anyone that knows the fight game knows that anyone can knock out anyone . It will depend on who's better conditioned , trained and mentally in the game .

Tysons skills will make it easier to transition if he can keep his head .

I fought some heavy handed guys and took them to the ground and vice versa with good grapplers , taking them on standing up . You gotta fight a smart fight .

I would love to see tyson get smeared ,but it would be like him to really want to show the world one more time and come out ready.
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

I am sick of Tyson. Did you see hom Kimmel Live, he made an ass of himself. He is ignorant.