The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Too Many supplements

I am male, 5' 7" and im trying to gain weight. I meant too many for good health and effectiveness. My BF% is at 14%. I eat about 5-6 times a day getting about 300 carbs and about 130grams of protein and i avoid many fatty foods. I weight train 3 times a week with 3 days cardio for 30mins. These are the supplements im taking: Whey protein, Creatine, L-glutamine, Fat Burner(EAS ThermoDynamx), a Multivitamin, ZMA (by BodyTech), B Complex, and Vitamin C.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

sorry for posting two threads.... kinda new with the forum...

Do that voodoo that he do
    Given the info you've provided, check my answer in your previous thread. It's the same.

Are you new to lifting? Have you been making progress?

I've been lifting for about 9 months. I used to weigh 109 before i started and in the beginning i quickly gained weight without any supplements except the whey protein. However, now im stuck at the 130 mark for several months.

Originally posted by donraja
    I've been lifting for about 9 months. I used to weigh 109 before i started and in the beginning i quickly gained weight without any supplements except the whey protein. However, now im stuck at the 130 mark for several months.
    Have you tried eating more?

yess... but i only seem to get fatter !

yess... but i only seem to get fatter !
    Well, you're probably going to gain a little fat when gaining muscle. That's how it works.

How is the lifting going? Are you continuing to get stronger?

Not really. In the beginning, i used to be able to lift heavier after a week or so. But now i find im using the same weights for weeks and i find it hard to increment.

Not really. In the beginning, i used to be able to lift heavier after a week or so. But now i find im using the same weights for weeks and i find it hard to increment.
    Here in lies a problem.

Without progressive overload, you'll find it harder to continue to grow.

Try adding very small amounts of weight. The 2.5 pound plates are your best friends.

Sleep is good?

What does your routine look like? People here will be able to help you out. There's lots of info on getting bigger here, just poke around a little in the Training, Diet, and Journal forums.

gaining weight is all in the diet! not the training! well, to an extent, you need to eat way more, dont worry about the fat, that can come off in afew months.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I agree with Borris. Try and increase your sets or reps each week, even if it is just a small increase. Also if you are trying to gain weight then increase cals by a small amount. Continue increasing the cals in small increments each week until you start gaining weight. Approx .5-1lb. per week.

Might want to think about tracking your calories for a couple of days to see what you daily calorie intake looks like (www.fitday.com). I have also found that keeping a training journal of some sort serves as a good motivational tool.

I eat about 5-6 times a day getting about 300 carbs and about 130grams of protein and i avoid many fatty foods
    Make sure not to skip out on the healthy fats in your diet. What does an example of your daily diet look like?

Thank you guys. You've been a great help!

Don't worry about supplements so much. How are you testing your bodyfat? 130 lbs at 5'7 and 14% doesn't seem right. Are you worrying about fat to much? I am 5'6 and 160 was failry lean at 150, around 145 I would have been cut nice. I can't imagine to much fat at 130, unless your trying to maintain an extremely low body fat.

Do you deadlift?

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

if you are trying to gain -- why are u using a fat-burner and ZMA?
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Whats zma useful for?

yeah, that BF% seems high. I'm 5'7 and 175 with under 10% bf, and I can't see someone the same height and 40 pounds lighter having 14% bf
    Last edited by theomen; 09-01-2003 at 03:30 PM.
    Height-5' 7"
    Chest-46"
    Biceps-17"
    Waist-28"
    Squat- 360x8 DB Curl- 70x6