The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

average ol power clean

i was wonderign what the average olympic lifters power cleans ( from dead lift to over head press)
    im 21 236 and do 225 without droping my self for the overhead press part
    Q: at what do you determine that you should stop bulking-up and eating bigger meals for mass, and start cutting?
    A: once i ran out of dumbells and all the olympic bars were all bent up i was like well might as well start cutting

deadlift: 500
    squat: 455
    bench: 295

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i'd say thats pretty good

and as for pros, they'll probably be doing ~350-400s for light weight class (140lbs) and up to ~600lbs for heavyweights

Wannabebig Member
    damn i was reading the usa oly site and some guy in my wieght class jerked 455

i think 315 is possible , max jerk 275
    Q: at what do you determine that you should stop bulking-up and eating bigger meals for mass, and start cutting?
    A: once i ran out of dumbells and all the olympic bars were all bent up i was like well might as well start cutting

deadlift: 500
    squat: 455
    bench: 295

Those guys are juicing. I hate that ****. Spoils it for us naturals.

Robert

olympic lifters don't juice

How eactly do you know that. Bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen all juice. So how is it any different for top Olympic Lifters?

Robert

olympic lifters get tested by the olympic games committee or whatever (in the olympics anyway). the olympics in general are drug-free.... at least i think so. i might be wrong, but i doubt it

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying all Olympic Lifters juice but come one, i'm 100% sure that they are people out there using drugs to stay on top. Don't ask me how, but i'm sure they are ways round drug testing.

Robert

i wouldn't be too sure

as far as i know, the world record for C&J is ~600 lbs. there are plenty of people who can deadlift way more, shrug way more, and front squat way more all without vitamin S.

also, i doubt you'd see weight classes like men's 145lbs, 165lbs, 180lbs, 200lbs, etc. if they were juicing, i would think that everybody would be way bigger.

3:16
    kan patera admitted taking gear and he was a olympic lifter. the modern day people will do as well. drugs are fairly emdemic in the olympics so why would a event that get increased so much by drug use, people not use them?

plus quite a few have been caught for taking various things.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Banned
    If you believe Olympic athletes are clean, you are simply naive.

Thats what i hate about todays lifters. Drug testing is bull****. And if you want to ever go to the Olympics to compete, you probably will in fact have to take drugs.

I want to compete someday in Olympic lifting but i will not take drugs ever and so i doubt i will win anything major in the sport.

I've checked past records of people totalling huge amounts with bodyweights under 170 pounds, which was pretty amazing. Straight away i knew that those people were possibly juicing.

I even checked out past powerlifting standards and they were guys who were totalling a heck of alot more than others who outweighed them. These guys could have competed in strongman except i don't think i'v ever seen a strongman competitor weigh less than 180 pounds.

Robert

hmm, well that kind of makes me lose a lot of respect for the sport. what a shame