Thread: start now or after fasting?

Wannabebig New Member

start now or after fasting?

Hello guys

New one here, but even though this is my first time to contribute, yet i've been always reviewing this site for almost a year now. It is really great to be here and wealthy in information

I'm not in bodybuilding, but that is not "yet".

Would love to start right in this day, but due to inability, i have no idea whether it is a good idea or not. any suggestions would be great

from 26th of Oct. till 27th of Nov. i'll be fasting from sunrise till sunset, so do you suggest start now or after fasting?
    one other thing, i'll get marriad 3ed day after finishing the month of fasting.

What do you reccomend guys?

You cant do a good bulk if your fasting. I would wait until after your fast.
    Unless you can work nights and sleep durring the day I dont see how it can be done.

welcome, by the way

tuttut Start now! one day of fast will have minimal affect on your bulk. What are you fasting for? is it the Ra'madan?
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

it looks like one month to me

Wannabebig New Member
    Hello Trent & Black

Yes it is a whole month & yes it is Ramadan.

Thanks Trent_Steel

I also thought it would be better to wait until after it.

But can't wait, since i still am waiting for 2 months, it starts on 26th of Oct. but if i started now, i'll stop before continuing any period.

Welcome Omar. It's definately better to wait. Plus it'll give you something look forward to... besides that marriage thing.
    Last edited by Xand; 09-01-2003 at 09:30 AM.
    August 1, 2006 240lbs
    August 25, 2006 276lbs
    September 1, 2006 286lbs
    December 25, 2006 328lbs

TRYING TO BUILD A MONSTER

Re: start now or after fasting?

Originally posted by Omar
    Hello guys

What do you reccomend guys?
    Next time their handing out religons, get there earlier.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Re: Re: start now or after fasting?

If your going to during Ramadan, take it light. Learn forms during that time, and don't actually push yourself too hard as your healing time will be down considerably during fasting, and it's painful enough when you first start off that. Also, before sunrise and after sunset, eat as much as you can (like I really need to give that advice. God. I feel bad for my girlfriend and friends when they go through this. Lot of dedication on all your parts) that way you've got some calories in you to help out.

Hell, come to think of it, I think eating a large pizza before bed time and waking up early to eat another would give enough calories for the whole day. Hell, you might even be able to bulk.

Oh, and congradulations on the marriage.
    LaLa

Did I not read something? With everybody's bulking comments. Weight lifting is more then bulking. I probably would just eat as healthy as you can for you fast. Good luck.
    Glad I don't have religion.

Why exactly are you starving yourself for a month?
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

I've gotten diseases from standard sex, but never from doin' the deed in front of my computer screen with Palmela.

/agree wiht nights here...you dont need to bulk during this time. In fact id use that month to get your muscles and connective tissues oriented to what youre going to be hitting them with the following month. Go light to moderate weight and high reps. No easier way to stunt your growth then to walk right in a gym and go heavy and injur yourself the first day.

Originally posted by Berserker
    Did I not read something? With everybody's bulking comments. Weight lifting is more then bulking. I probably would just eat as healthy as you can for you fast. Good luck.
    I was actually wondering if I missed the exact same thing before I posted. Even by working out during the time of fasting, and not pushing yourself completely you will be able to put on a little bit of muscle, and strength. Also, like I stated in my main reason for doing so, you will learn form and have your body adapt to the workout process. A rather important stage. Last of all, if you eat right during the times you can (get enough protein, etc) you will probably be able to do all right.

And I don't know why everyone is talking about bulking here. We have no ideas what Omars start stats are, or what his beginning goals are (whether it's lose extra weight, or start putting on muscle from a lean form..)
    LaLa

Hey Omar since you can eat at night use it and you may even gain muscle during that fast. Just eat plenty of calories like nights suggested.
    Where are you from by the way?
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks for the great advices. I have never thought of using that month as a month to prepare for forum/ bodybuilding & nutrition. Thanks guys, i really appriciate your time responding. I think now that i'll definatily use that month.

also sorry for the delay. my room is a mess up, (again, marriage preparation) + the job is being pain the back for ceveral reasons. so excuse any delay from my side.

Thanks Xand for welcoming

Next time their handing out religons, get there earlier.
    hehe no thanks, i'm satisfied with mine

Nights
    If your going to during Ramadan, take it light. Learn forms during that time, and don't actually push yourself too hard as your healing time will be down considerably during fasting, and it's painful enough when you first start off that. Also, before sunrise and after sunset, eat as much as you can (like I really need to give that advice. God. I feel bad for my girlfriend and friends when they go through this. Lot of dedication on all your parts) that way you've got some calories in you to help out.
    Thanks for the advice, i'll definattly now be working

Berserker
    that was my mistake Berserker, guys got me right even thought i didn't mention it. I'm heading for bulking. Yet you are right, it is more than that.

VitalRemains
    Why exactly are you starving yourself for a month?
    It is a meaning of following the religion, plus it is actually healthy to do so. Because eating six meals with the goal of 2000 to 3000 or different, really not good for the stomach on the long run. so if you could gain good body for now & save your health for later. wouldn't that be a good deal?
    you can read this article about RAmadan & its benefit from medical point of view here

Also you can visit this link

shansen008
    /agree wiht nights here...you dont need to bulk during this time. In fact id use that month to get your muscles and connective tissues oriented to what youre going to be hitting them with the following month. Go light to moderate weight and high reps. No easier way to stunt your growth then to walk right in a gym and go heavy and injur yourself the first day.
    Thanks shansen008 i'll follow these steps now

I was actually wondering if I missed the exact same thing before I posted. Even by working out during the time of fasting, and not pushing yourself completely you will be able to put on a little bit of muscle, and strength. Also, like I stated in my main reason for doing so, you will learn form and have your body adapt to the workout process. A rather important stage. Last of all, if you eat right during the times you can (get enough protein, etc) you will probably be able to do all right.
    Yes Nights, i think now, it would be good to focus on the strenght part & endurance so after the month of Ramadan, i'd go for builking.

Hey Omar since you can eat at night use it and you may even gain muscle during that fast. Just eat plenty of calories like nights suggested.
    That is what i'm planning to do now Black_Curtain. Thanks.

But guys, do you think WBB#1 routine would be good. cause i don't have any other rotuine than that!!!

oh Black_Curtain, I"m from UAE, United Arab Emirates, located in Dubai
    Last edited by Omar; 09-02-2003 at 08:03 AM.

Originally posted by Omar

It is a meaning of following the religion, plus it is actually healthy to do so. Because eating six meals with the goal of 2000 to 3000 or different, really not good for the stomach on the long run. so if you could gain good body for now & save your health for later. wouldn't that be a good deal?

I dont believe that to be true at all. The stomach is meant to have food in it. It's not like we're doing something unnatural. I dont see how starving yourself is healthy

To each his own I guess
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I’ve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they’ve played

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Salaam Alaikum Omar,

The hardest thing to do is workout whilst fasting. Last year I was in a situation where I was able to do be very inactive during the days, even catching naps between prayers. At night I was able to take in calories that met with what would be considered "maintenance". and I would usually workout an hour or so before Fajr.

Hopefully some of this helps you out.