Thread: missed workout???

missed workout???

when you guys miss a workout, what do you do, do you make it up the next day with a double workout. do you move your workouts a day behind? or just skip it? just wondering becouse i couldnt workout today becouse my gym was closed for holiday
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

I was just about to go to the gym at 4:45pm, when I remembered that it was a holiday and my gym closed at 5pm

I've never made up a missed day with a 2 a day workout, I think that would be counterproductive, but I'm not 100% sure. I usually just do the workout I was supposed to do the day before on the next day

UGH! I HATE missing a day!! I usually move it back a day and take away one rest day so that the next week I will be back on track.

Re: missed workout???

Originally posted by mikey4402
    when you guys miss a workout, what do you do, do you make it up the next day with a double workout. do you move your workouts a day behind? or just skip it? just wondering becouse i couldnt workout today becouse my gym was closed for holiday
    IMO if anything it will probably help you out. If I miss a day I just workout the following day like nothing happened. Don't sweat missing a day or two every once in awhile, enjoy the mental and physical rest.

I do exactly what BigBoi17 and EVER-LAST suggested. Just do your work out the next day and eliminate the next rest day if you need to get back on track for the next week. That works well for me because I have 3 off days each week and two of them are back to back. So I just eliminate one of those.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I never miss a workout. I have had moments when everything goes wrong and it is easy for me to miss, but I do not give in. Today for example, I helped my friend move. He promised to go workout with me in the morning but we ended moving things for half a day. We then decided to workout around 7:00. When I did not get a call from him, I was ready to miss a day. I myself did not feel much like going either. However, I called him and left a message and he called me back at 8:30. We talked for a bit and I asked him about our workout plans. We ended up going to the gym at 9:00. It was empty we finished fast and I had another day were it would have been easy for me to not go but I went anyway.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Well stuff happens... sometimes you do HAVE to miss a workout. If it isnt too hard to rearange your workout schedule, id just make up your missed session the next day you can (moving your workouts a day behind).

I wouldnt recommend doing a double session, because your second half will probably be low intensity.

If you dont want to rearrange your schedule (ie, you very much like working the muscle groups on the days you do) dont sweat it, let your muscles have an extra rest day.

Wannabebig Member
    If I miss one I just push my shedule back a day, so instead of Mon, Wed, Sat I may do Tue, Thur, Sat.

I have a complete mental breakdown when I miss a workout.

Seriously though, It bothers me to miss a workout but it happens. If I'm burnt out I won't make it up, if I can I push my workouts back a day or try to combine 2 in one day I do that, depends how I feel and if it's possible to do.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 09-02-2003 at 06:42 AM.