Thread: Fast Food is killing me. Working on a new diet

California: We are here to clean HOUSE!!!

Fast Food is killing me. Working on a new diet

For years now all I have endulged in is Junk Food I occasinally will try and eat healthy but I always find a way to defeat myself. But at 23 I feel I am not where I need to be in the health department. I really want to change my eating habits! But, I find it very hard to figure out when to begin and how? I always hear "eat 6 meals a day" But what if you weight 330???

Now I work nights and when I cook my food the night before it is usually Chicken breast because I basically have to re heat my food in the micro wave and chkn breast is the only food that tastes halfway decent! Dont get me started on brocoli. I have tried salmon but it tastes like **** after it comes out the MV. And I feel that is what kills it after a month of Chkn Breast A cheeseburger doesnt sound to bad.

My question what would be the smartest way to begin and staying with healthy eating?
    " I am the Emperor Fabolous!"

"I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup."

"I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less."

"You piss me off you Salmon... You're too expensive in restaurants"

I keep a gallon of water and a box of osmos in the back of my car for cravings while I'm driving. As far as cooking at home the George Foreman grill saved my life. Also you might try using a convection oven or a microwave with a browning element for your leftovers, thing taste better reheated when using one of those and they cook just as quickly.

It is important toe eat 5-6 meals daily. It will keep you from binging and keep your metabolism consistant throughout the entire day.
    August 1, 2006 240lbs
    August 25, 2006 276lbs
    September 1, 2006 286lbs
    December 25, 2006 328lbs

TRYING TO BUILD A MONSTER

If you don't mind me asking. What is Osmos? and Browning Element?

Osmo is a protein shake that comes in a plastic container. You just add water to it. Shake and you've got a meal. They taste great. The new thing in microwaves is the browning or heating element. They're cook and brown food like a regular oven but with the speed of a microwave. You can get them at SAM's Club.
    August 1, 2006 240lbs
    August 25, 2006 276lbs
    September 1, 2006 286lbs
    December 25, 2006 328lbs

TRYING TO BUILD A MONSTER

There are plenty of other food choices besides chicken and brocolli.

I would try incorporating some lean cuts of beef/pork, eggs, turkey, and different types of fish. If you are not a big fan of brocolli then what about green salads, green beans, etc.? Basically what I am trying to say is add a little variety to your diet, and you have the right idea about preparing your meals in advance. Don't be too strict on yourself, and maybe make short term goals for yourself, which will eventually lead to you reaching a long term goal.
    Last edited by bradley; 09-04-2003 at 03:09 AM.

Originally posted by Xand
    It is important toe eat 5-6 meals daily. It will keep you from binging and keep your metabolism consistant throughout the entire day.
    I agree that 5-6 meals per day may help with appetite control, but it is not going to have any significant impact on metabolic rate.

I find that if I start on the excercise portion first within a few week my diet becomes stricter. I start looking at it this way...

After doing some intense cardio for 45 minutes it's difficult to consume a 600+ Calorie Whopper. It's almost like throwing away the entire workout.

Just keep reading the forums for recipe and nutrition ideas. There's tons of info out there.

Bradley. I thought eating 6 small meals a day sped up metobolic rates, At least that is what I have heard.

But if what you are saying is true, then is there anyway to speed up metobolic rates?

Originally posted by barrelofmonkeys
    Bradley. I thought eating 6 small meals a day sped up metobolic rates, At least that is what I have heard.
    The thread below should help explain what I am referring to, but if you have specific questions then feel free to post them.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=36737

But if what you are saying is true, then is there anyway to speed up metobolic rates?
    Exercise and there are also various supplements that can increase metabolic rate.
    Last edited by bradley; 09-04-2003 at 04:13 PM.

Eating the correct meals 5-6 times a day will not speed up your metabolism, but it will keep it at a steady rate, which is essential to proper health, no matter if your trying to loose body fat or gain muscle.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Albert Einstein

I want them to make statues of me

Originally posted by arjun
    Eating the correct meals 5-6 times a day will not speed up your metabolism, but it will keep it at a steady rate, which is essential to proper health, no matter if your trying to loose body fat or gain muscle.
    The abstracts that are contained in the thread showed no difference in daily energy expenditure or LBM/bf losses.