Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do girls like big guys?

Do girls like big guys?

I get the impression that girls nowadays go for skinny , pretty boy guys.I walk down the street nowadays and all the fit girls have some guy on their arm who weighs less than they do with some funny haircut!
    And when ever they describe their ideal man they ussually say tall, and thin!Ive just started bulking but if girls dont big muscles than I might have to stop!

Id like to get you guys opinion on this.Also im living in the uk, is it the same in the states?

all the girls only like my muscles

personality is key, girls are usually attracted to humor/chatability/face.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

The general rule is that girls like guys that are bigger than you, but smaller than a professional BB.

the REAL general rule is that if you're lifting to get girls, you're wasting your time.

I agree with unshift, If thats all you want to do, then just do curls, lol.

Those guys a pop punk/emo wannabees, lol, I know a few of them, they usually do have pretty good sense of humor and personality. I think the goofy haircut attracts them...

I have a goofy haircut, but not by choice, no matter what haircut I get I look goofy. I seriously thought about growing a mullet this past summer.

I hear girls talk about how they don't like guys when there to big. But rarely do I see a built guy they don't drool over.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

Depends HOW the guy is built. Broad shoulders, good arms, no problem. No neck, even partially bloated face, thick waist... not so much.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I hear chicks are digging the seriously disfigured face look this coming summer. Im stocking up on kerosene and matches. I do what ever the ladys want.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

yeah, I hear mullets are coming back in style... oh wait, this isn't 1970
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Originally posted by SquareHead
    I hear chicks are digging the seriously disfigured face look this coming summer.
    LMAO!!! WHAT!?

Depends HOW the guy is built. Broad shoulders, good arms, no problem. No neck, even partially bloated face, thick waist... not so much.
    Again Belial hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by SquareHead
    I hear chicks are digging the seriously disfigured face look this coming summer. Im stocking up on kerosene and matches. I do what ever the ladys want.
    Now that's one for Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts.

Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by unshift
    the REAL general rule is that if you're lifting to get girls, you're wasting your time.
    I would think there's definitely some truth to this, however, I can't imagine anyone would deny that a solid physique will at least get you one step "in the door" when it comes to attracting and trying to meet girls.

I've been thin all my life, very thin.. 145-150 lb, 5'10" type of guy. I'm not ugly though, and I've always had a pretty decent level of success when it comes to landing girls, but I would venture to say that it usually has very little to do with my physical looks as compared to my personality (not all the time however). I'm the type of guy that will have a much better chance landing a hot girl after working with her for a month and letting her get to know me quite a bit better.

There is no doubt though that most girls in a club will dismiss me immediately since I'm not muscle-laden. "Their loss," has always been my opinion, but in retrospect, if I want my girls to be in great shape then there is no reason they shouldn't expect the same of me. There's a lot of chubby girls w/ great personalities out there that I won't look twice at unfortunately, so I should expect that same treatment from girls who aren't physically interested in skinny guys no matter what my personality can offer them.

I think of being built as a great confidence builder, and attention getter, but don't rely on it to get the chicks. The muscles will let you talk to her, but it'll be your personality that'll take over from there. Women are far less superficial than us, and most of them (or atleast the non-whores) won't give you a bj simply for having 'the pythons'. But atleast as long as you don't get huge the girls will dig the muscles, as it's in the genetic makeup to go for guys who can be the protector and provider, much like how most males dig the chicks who appear to be the most fertile (ie curves).
    Height-5' 7"
    Chest-46"
    Biceps-17"
    Waist-28"
    Squat- 360x8 DB Curl- 70x6

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Originally posted by theomen
    I think of being built as a great confidence builder
    Chicks dont dig skinny guys or buff guys, they dig guys that have CONFIDENCE. If you are confident that you can go out there and get any girl you want, you probably can. Just be confident in yourself, no matter how you look (buff or skinny or fat).

Originally posted by JuniorMint6669

Chicks dont dig skinny guys or buff guys, they dig guys that have CONFIDENCE. If you are confident that you can go out there and get any girl you want, you probably can. Just be confident in yourself, no matter how you look (buff or skinny or fat).
    Yup, I think that's a huge thing. You could have a nice body and good personality but if you're not at least confident then you aren't getting anywhere. I'm also beginning to think girls like tough guys. Guys that make them feel safe, but are still nice. Also, I can't tell you how many hot girls I've seen with average, guys. You'd think they'd be running around with some hot stud but they've got an average joe, but he's got a bad side to him.

But confidence, I think that's a big one.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

out the back of the gym snorting an oz of creatine
    this is a very good thread, everything said in it is pretty much true, dont think of having big muscles to GET the girls, think of it as something thats gonna get the 1st look from the girl, then to actually keep her, if your walking down the street or your in the club with a hot chick, its possible someone is gonna wanna start a fight with you out of jelousy, and if your a big boy, no1s gonna bother shaping up to you over the girl your with.

and goofy haircuts do get the girls, because of the badboy imagine that everyone knows girls are attracted to, ive had girls say it to me before "i love your badboy haircut" and in more words or less theyve mentioned the sex apeal of it.

btw my haircut was a bowl haircut(known in australia as the lebo haircut), zero around the sides, and short and spikey at the top, with blonde streaks.

Originally posted by unshift
    :withstupi
    As i've said before - do it for yourself and no-one else.
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    This is a very insightful thread!

Sadly, no one has yet to be able to figure women out. Not since the dawn of time. Who KNOWS why they like what they like at the time that they decided to like it? They make no freakin' sense. Never have, never will.
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

With me, girls are usually intimidated. They think 'Uh oh, there's a big guy, he looks kind of scary'. Once they get to know me though, they can really take a liking to me. I may look tough, but I wouldn't hurt a fly. When they learn this, they are usually more attracted to my personality rather than the way I look, which is a bonus. Girls like a big guy to protect them. For instance, me and Brit were at the movies, and she spotted two of her ex-boyfriends, and she thought they were going to try to start something. They looked our way, and made eye contact with me, but just kept walking. A couple of days later Brittany asked them why they didnt come up to us, and they said 'I thought that big guy would kick our asses'. And that couldn't be farther from the truth . Like everybody else said, it takes a lto more than muscles go get a hot girl. You definately need peronality, charm, and confidence. Decent looks wouldn't hurt either .

Originally posted by W8_4_Me
    This is a very insightful thread!

Sadly, no one has yet to be able to figure women out. Not since the dawn of time. Who KNOWS why they like what they like at the time that they decided to like it? They make no freakin' sense. Never have, never will.
    AMEN! i give up on tryin to understand them

Originally posted by MaFi0s0
    its possible someone is gonna wanna start a fight with you out of jelousy, and if your a big boy, no1s gonna bother shaping up to you over the girl your with.

When alcohol's in the mix, every asshole wants to test the big guy. My friend that's 265 @ 10% gets ****ed with by every punk with little man syndrome.

Oh, and as to the main part of the question...girls like guys. That's how it works, regardless or shape or size, girls like guys. It's as simple as that. There's a crowd for everyone. Strippers especially seem to like real big guys, 250+ muscular.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 09-06-2003 at 11:25 AM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Re: Do girls like big guys?

Originally posted by madfistbt
    I get the impression that girls nowadays go for skinny , pretty boy guys.I walk down the street nowadays and all the fit girls have some guy on their arm who weighs less than they do with some funny haircut!
    And when ever they describe their ideal man they ussually say tall, and thin!Ive just started bulking but if girls dont big muscles than I might have to stop!

Id like to get you guys opinion on this.Also im living in the uk, is it the same in the states?
    IMO..how you carry yourself is the biggest factor. I'd probably say 90% of the girls I have dated said that they previously didn't date "big" guys. but I also don't weat tight clothes, talk about the gym all the time, talk about dieting all the time, etc. like many guys do. If you are doing it right you don't have to talk about it, as it will show by your apperance. most people who are not into physical fitness don't want to hear about it all the time

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Girls don't like "meatheads" which is more of a metailty rather then physique. You can be big and not be a meathead.
    w00t

"Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Here is the real scoop, WOMEN GRAVITATE TOWARDS FAME, WEALTH, AND POWER, or some combination thereof.

Of course women like physical attributes and their taste therein lies across the spectrum, but the above negates all physical traits.