Thread: Record Breaking Deadlift Routine

Wannabebig Member

Record Breaking Deadlift Routine

Rich Daniel's
    Record Breaking Deadlift Routine

As Submitted by:
    Rich Daniels
    I would like to share with your readers how I achieved a Florida state record. I was born in Orlando, Florida. I have been training for 14 years now. I have competed at 198 pounds and as low as 165. I currently hold the state record with a deadlift of 515@160 and have actually locked 530. I have only competed twice in deadlift and broke the state record in my second competition. My best bench press in a double poly is 425 @ 165. I am ranked in the top10 by monstermuscle magazine, top 20 by the American Powerlifting Association, and in the top 100 in the United States. I have always felt that I had a good bench, but when I trained for my first deadlift contest I learned a lot. My training is a mixture of Westside Barbell and old school techniques. My workout is as follows:

Monday
    Box Squats-8 doubles w50%
    Glute Ham Raises
    One other assistance move (front squat, leg press, hack squats, barbell lunges, then calves)

Tuesday
    We pull a light sled - 4 trips for recovery

Wednesday
    Reverse-hypers, abs(standing abs,kneeling abs,etc)

Thursday
    Sled-60% of what we pulled tuesday

Friday
    Abs (this time either leg raises w/chain,decline w/ plate behind your head,spread eagle situp)

Saturday
    Goodmornings, Pullthroughs,and either Back Extensions or Reverse Hypers

We don't do any regular deadlifts between meets. We do speed deads every 4 weeks only. We use 60% for s singles, 45 second rest. We do these standing on 2-2x6 boards. This is the exact program I used to break the state record with no previous deadlift training. I am also currently preparing for a bench meet with a record in mind. I will write about my bench press training in a future article.

Thank you,

Rich Daniels
    Fear Me...Or Be Brave And Die Anyway.

wow that sounds pretty good.... but why are you telling us this too make us feel bad that ur better than us lol jk good job tho

that article is as convincing as saying i will play basketball better if i wear michael jordans shoes

for gods sake it doesnt take much more than simple common sense to throw together a training regimen to add strength
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig Member

funny :)

its a copy of an article not my writing for one and for two i thought it would be a good debate starter not an opportunity to flame...
    Fear Me...Or Be Brave And Die Anyway.