The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Chest exercises at home?

It's more than 3 years that i do Rowing and Gym at the same time, and i'm quite satisfied with the results. However i would like to focus more on chest area. I do gym at home. I have a set of dumbell weights and one of those multi use benches (mostly for abs...). I have a 3 day program, each day includes a 5km run (under 25mins). First day is chest, then arms and finally back, after which i go back to day one (chest). For chest i do dumbell press, pushups and then springs. After the exercises i feel my chest muscles are tired, but i still don't think it's enough, since i didn't see significant results in the past year or so.

Basically i'm looking for a exercises that can be done at home, and that will help my chest grow.. Any suggestions?
    By the way, i'm 17 if that is of any importance.
    And last but not the least, HELLO to everyone! I'm new here!
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by Igs; 09-08-2003 at 11:37 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Have any money to spend? YOu can put together a decent home gym for around 2-300 bucks-you already have a few things.

With your dumbells you can do flys and presses for your chest, along with numerous exersises for other muscle groups.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Dips are also good.

I am going to ask the obvious question and ask where are the legs?
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

Wannabebig New Member
    The program i posted is just the one i do at home. During rowing practices we do squats and leg curls, together with sprints up the stairs (for keeping fit mostly, although after a series of 10 runs you can barely stand, counting that 5km run as warm-up before every practice). In the rowing club we also have a little gym, there i do some bench press but not frequently enough to show any results.
    As i said, i'm 17yrs old = no $ yet. So i have to go with what i have. I will take your suggestions and make myself a new chest exercise plan.

I was also wondering... My good friend, who is a "fast gainer" used to do only push ups for his chest. This way he grew quite a bit. Do you suggest this kind of exercise, only push-ups but in exaggerated amounts? Or is it better to alternate between a number of different exercises for the same muscle group (chest)?

Again, thanks a lot for everything!
    -Igs

Originally posted by Igs
    The program i posted is just the one i do at home. During rowing practices we do squats and leg curls, together with sprints up the stairs (for keeping fit mostly, although after a series of 10 runs you can barely stand, counting that 5km run as warm-up before every practice). In the rowing club we also have a little gym, there i do some bench press but not frequently enough to show any results.
    As i said, i'm 17yrs old = no $ yet. So i have to go with what i have. I will take your suggestions and make myself a new chest exercise plan.

I was also wondering... My good friend, who is a "fast gainer" used to do only push ups for his chest. This way he grew quite a bit. Do you suggest this kind of exercise, only push-ups but in exaggerated amounts? Or is it better to alternate between a number of different exercises for the same muscle group (chest)?

Again, thanks a lot for everything!
    -Igs
    How often can you get to the gym that you use for rowing practice? If you go there once a week to do legs like you said, all you need to do is get there 2 more days out of the week and you could do a chest/back and bi/tri/shoulder routine(or a variation of this) and have a full-body workout.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Wannabebig New Member
    At the moment practices aren't underway. They start the first of october, so after that date i can get to that gym 3 times a week. That should be enough for rull body workout, although i will be already tired since i can use the gym just after the 2 hour rowing practice, but i'll try. During the rest of the week (the days i'm not at rowing) i'll do my normal 5km run and gym at home.
    Well guys. This little discussion helped me clear up my head and decide what exactly to do and when. Again thanks everyone who helped me with this, your help was very valuable.
    -Igs