The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obsessed?

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Most of the time the media and the populace in general get BB and working out mixed up with vainity. Lots of people workout only to pick up the ladies and/or to be able to admire themselves in the mirror 24/7. I know most people on this board though concerned with their appearance (it's the nature of the beast) it is not the main driving force to do so. For me though I like looking big (well bigger) I use appearance more as a benchmark of how I'm doing.
    w00t

Overtrainer.
    Why's it ok for business owners and CEO's and the like to have 2 million dollars in the bank but stress out everyday over money, work till midnight and hardly take holidays just to make more money than they could ever need????

I say, everything is pointless, making money, getting bigger, whatever, just make sure whichever pointless thing you do you do better than the guy next to u.

skinny white boy
    "I say, everything is pointless, making money, getting bigger, whatever, just make sure whichever pointless thing you do you do better than the guy next to u."

i like this statement.

Originally posted by Xand
    Bodybuilding is an obsessive sport. So what? As long as it doesn't iterfere with the rest of my life who cares...

Oops- it does.

At least I don't do drugs...
    I mean at least I don't have gratitutous non marital sex
    I mean...
    You said it! I've had a LOT of people to tell me to not get too obsessed. WTF? Why? So its a good thing to be like everyone else? Its a good thing to eat junk all the time? Its a good thing to have type II diabetes and high blood pressure when your middle aged? But god forbid you do something positive for your body and for me positive for myself (i.e. confidence, self esteem).

BBing is a lifestyle to me, but I still do the things I need to do and want to do. I still have a few beers with gyno rhino every now and then, when i'm home.

Wow, I didn't realize lifting for a total of 4 hours a week was considered obsessive. Throw in about 2 hours of cardio and we're up to a whopping 6 hours spent in the gym per week.

I wonder how much time unobsessed people spend in the gym.

I look at myself in the mirror all the time. And weigh myself frequently. Am I obsessed with being healthy? You bet your ass.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Well, I really dodged a bullet there, thanks MSN.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Originally posted by drew
    Wow, I didn't realize lifting for a total of 4 hours a week was considered obsessive. Throw in about 2 hours of cardio and we're up to a whopping 6 hours spent in the gym per week.

I wonder how much time unobsessed people spend in the gym.

I look at myself in the mirror all the time. And weigh myself frequently. Am I obsessed with being healthy? You bet your ass.
    if only that were true we wouldnt need to worry about our diet right? and bodybuilding would only be in the gym...wrong...bodybuilding is not only inside the gym but outside the gym also. its every hour, every day, every week, every month of every year...

and about the mirror thing, i dont believe any bodybuider is ever satisfied with the way they look...to quote lee priest; "the day im satisfied with my physique is the day i quit bodybuilding"

Well, the diet isn't something I think of as being worried about. Sure, at first it's hard to get down your daily cals and get used to eating clean, but eventually you get used to it and it becomes part of your life.

I don't even call it a "diet". When people ask me about my diet I respond with "it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle". And it is. I choose to eat healthy.

At the same time though, I'd rather spend 40 hours in the gym a week. I love my workouts. But I know that's insane.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220