Thread: Weighted Dip Belt

Weighted Dip Belt

Ah, finally got my weighted dip belt and I am stoked. No more doing 20 reps of dips at the own bodyweight, now its time to add some serious mass to my chest and trieps.

Sweet, I've been using a bookbag lol, can the belt support a lot of weight?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

ill let you know after 5pm today!

3:16
    I like weighted dips.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

The guy at the store told me the chain could take 500 lbs. I dunno about the leather part, but it'll last longer than a bookbag.

It should hold up for awhile. How much weight are you planning on using (initally)?

I'd suggest using DBs instead of plates when you add weight. They're easier to hold, and you're less likely to get clipped in the nether-regions.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Just ghetto rig what you can. If that is a bookbag, so be it.

Personally, this huge, nice, super, great, too f***ing sterile, no emotion, plastic coated weight, pu$$y a$$ gym here at school has no weighted dip belt. Therefore, I have to take two of the weight belts, link them like a chain, put the weight on one and the other around my waist. Then I get to deal with the ignorant looks people give me and the staff asking me to be careful not to break the leather belts. I calmly smile and tell them that I wouldn't have to rig this up if they'd buy a weighted dip belt. (My Godawful tuition payments should at least buy me good workout equipment, right?) More stupid looks, like "WTF is a weighted dip belt?"

Sorry, had to vent a little bit there. It just pisses me off to have to workout in the health club environment where all the little guys think they're God's gift to exercise and feel the need to help everybody out.

Just wanna go on their asses sometime.

Off the soapbox now, seriously, just use what you got. I know for a fact that two weight belts can support at least 115 lbs. unless the clasp comes undone.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Originally posted by HahnB
    can the belt support a lot of weight?
    the belt at the Y(my gym) holds 175(my just acheived dbl. BW dip goal...wide grip). i'd hate for it to come apart while doing them....eeek!?
    STATS:
    • 5'9"
    • ~185

The Big 3 (2 sets):
    Flat BB Bench 270
    Deadlift 355 (no belt/straps)
    Squat