The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Daily activities

Lets see if we can start a list of normal daily activities that we can modify to better improve ourselves. Just looking for normal things that normal people may do every day, and ways to make them work better for our contineous quest to improve ourselves.

Ill start with a few and if anyone else has some good ideas please post them.

1. When walking up stairs take them two at a time. Better workout for legs.

2. When putting on socks and shoes and tying the laces, do it while standing and balancing on one leg. Good for balance and reflexes.

3. Flex abs at anytime throughout the day whether sitting ,standing, walking...whatever... helps get more defined abs and can be done anytime.

I know there are some other good ideas out there so let em flow

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

how about "spend an hour working hard in the gym, and enjoy the other 23 hours of the day not worrying about it."

LOL

Sorry, I couldn't help it
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Hey I was not kidding when I posted. Why was it deleted?

I like kittens
    Last edited by Alex.V; 08-30-2003 at 05:53 PM.

Originally posted by madfistbt
    WOW , IM DEFINETLY GOING TO TRY THAT,ILL BE HUGE IF I TIE MY SHOELACES WHILE BALANCING ON ONE LEG.LIKE UNSHIFT SAID **** YOURSELF UP IN THE GYM AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT NONSENCE YOU FOOL.
    NEVER HEARD SUCH CRAP
    Having just 'watched' your avatar i'd say your gonna need a hell of a lot more than just fillets...
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Originally posted by J450n83

Having just 'watched' your avatar i'd say your gonna need a hell of a lot more than just fillets...
    What you trying to say?.I aint gonna put a picture of everything i eat on the damm avater, it was meant to be funny.Lighten up and take your prozac.Ive seen all your posts you think you know everything.Go tie your shoelaces you prick

What you trying to say?.I aint gonna put a picture of everything i eat on the damm avater, it was meant to be funny.Lighten up and take your prozac.Ive seen all your posts you think you know everything.Go tie your shoelaces you prick
    WOW!!! Steady on fella.... my comment was also meant to be a joke... hell, you wanna take your own advice and lighten up... i don't come on here to blast anyone...

As for 'seeing all my post' (all 400 odd?) - i've been in this game long enough to know what i'm doing BUT since when did i think i knew everything.. if i knew everything, i wouldn't be here would i?
    If someone asks for advice i will offer my opinion based on experience.. thats all!

Long gone are the days when you can have a laugh with someone eh
    Last edited by J450n; 08-30-2003 at 09:15 AM.

ok sorry mate, i do more eat than fillets though , and i still dont think tying my shoelaces are gonna get me were I wanna get.lol

uhh... I would calm down before you get banned...
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

WOW , IM DEFINETLY GOING TO TRY THAT,ILL BE HUGE IF I TIE MY SHOELACES WHILE BALANCING ON ONE LEG.LIKE UNSHIFT SAID **** YOURSELF UP IN THE GYM AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT NONSENCE YOU FOOL.
    NEVER HEARD SUCH CRAP
    Damn where do I start? I can see how my post would make a few wonder WTF. But I dont care I posted it anyway. I can take the punches and roll with em. "Fitness" is included in this forum catagory aint it? I dont think my post was outside those boundraries. I bet you tried to stand on one leg and tie you shoe but couldnt. Judging by your rant above, it seems like yur the one who needs the prozac. So you thought it was worthless. Big deal!!! You wasted your time responding.

I wanna know what harrydoudini66 said

hey, relax

what i was trying to say is that doing those things above, while they may give YOU some silly sense of accomplishment, will probably do little or nothing in terms of fitness.

you may want to walk up the stairs 2 at a time, and that's fine by me, but i prefer to lift VERY hard in the gym and then take the elevator when i'm done

He said tying your shoelace is a great form of fitness! :evillaugh .
    come on think about it again , it sounds hilarious.And i didnt waste my time ive got a new joke to tell people in the gym, thanks

yur welcome..all in good fun

ok sorry mate, i do more eat than fillets though , and i still dont think tying my shoelaces are gonna get me were I wanna get.lol
    No probs...

He said tying your shoelace is a great form of fitness! :evillaugh .
    come on think about it again , it sounds hilarious.And i didnt waste my time ive got a new joke to tell people in the gym, thanks
    oh and BTW, I never said tying you shoe is a great form of fitness. I said stand up and balance on one leg while tying your shoe. Try it after a few beers and it really gets tricky.

I think you kids need to just chill the **** out. If you don't like the idea, you may voice that in a calm manner, then stop clicking on the thread. There is no need to attack the guy, there are probably one or two other complete whackos out there who think that's a good idea.

Besides, there ARE some people who literally eat, sleep, and breathe bodybuilding. This is an extension of it.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Okay, I was not kidding when I posted. I am dead serious. I said that when I have sex with my wife I also concentrate on my form. I make sure to squeeze my but and tighten my stomach. I also said that depending on the position I would flare my lats or tighten my traps. I also get a good stretch. I hope this is not deleted and I end up banned, as I am serious and not attempting to troll.

Originally posted by Belial
    I think you kids need to just chill the **** out. If you don't like the idea, you may voice that in a calm manner, then stop clicking on the thread. There is no need to attack the guy, there are probably one or two other complete whackos out there who think that's a good idea.

Besides, there ARE some people who literally eat, sleep, and breathe bodybuilding. This is an extension of it.
    I aint gonna argue with you belial!, but every time I think of it i cant help but laugh like the man said its all good fun

Wannabebig Member
    I know my opinion doesn't count much since I'm a newbie and not hulkish looking or anything yet..but I think it's not a bad idea. Certainly nothing to get flamed as much as it is by a certain person. Standing on one foot to tie your shoe may not make your muscles grow or your heart stronger but eventually it's one of those things that will help your balance and stuff. Maybe while you're on just one foot tying your shoe, try going down like a squat on one leg and back up each time or something. I doubt it could hurt anything. And for some other things I like to try, skipping steps like going 2 or 3 at a time is a good thing. Not only because I'm taller and one step at a time seems annoyingly stupid since theyre such tiny steps normally, but if its a long flight of stairs and you go quicker I can feel it in my thighs a bit. Since I'm trying to lose a little extra fat I'm sure it helps a little by raising my heartbeat that much instead of taking my time and going up them normal. But yeah, it isn't going to make me huge or gain muscle or anything. Maybe it's my young age or something but I think of things like that as fun and gaining balance sure won't hurt me.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Wow, a lot of rage going on in this thread.

Mailman, I do like the idea of your post. I do many of the things you posted without even knowing it, like putting my socks on while standing on one foot or skipping every other step.

Have you tried yoga? There's a lot of balancing going on there, among other things.

Benefits of doing yoga (click me).

Sounds like a perfect way to better improve yourself if you ask me.

If you're looking for an easy exercise that you can do on a daily basis, I have an idea. Like millions of people, you probably own a cell phone, right? So at least once a day try to use a pay phone.

Walking around trying to find one that works is excellent exercise.

No ive never done yoga. But sometimes I wish I was like a cartoon character made out of clay or something. That way you could roll me over with a steam roller and I could pop back into shape. Then you could hang me on the line to dry. I guess im crazy but sometimes when im all worn out, It seems like that would feel good. Yeah stretch me out into a string a mile long, then roll me into a ball and throw me against the wall...SPLAT!!!!