Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CKY2k "The Transformation" of a Lazy Man

I did

Deadlifts 225lbs 6,4 reps

Chins hmmm plenty of them on the gravitron machine

Machine Row 90lbs

Shrugs smith machine 140lbs 15,13 reps

First of all i give complete props to you members that deadlift 350lbs plus. I don't think it would be too hard to get that weight up but to keep good form it definitely would be. It was my first time in awhile going heavy (that's what I call heavy) and everything felt pretty good.

On my rows I completely lowered the weight I normally use. I just used my arms as hooks and completely pulled with my back......until the later stages of the pull where you do have to use your biceps..It felt really good on my lats though and hopefully they will be sore for tomorrow. I have never been able to isolate my lats ever. Overall a good workout. I think i'm going to only do deads every other week though.

Crap no doms at all!

...looks like you got a plan and are doing ok DT - Good luck with stepping up a notch man!
    Last edited by Coke; 11-15-2003 at 09:21 AM.

I'm at my home..where I don't have all you can access food free like at my university so it's tought eating...hmm Good thing for subway.

Westside
    keep working hard man....

Nice work on the lifts; that's some good deadlifting. Congrats on quitting smoking, too.
    My Journal

First Bulk Complete:
    September 16, 2003 (165 lbs, ~12% bf) -> March 7, 2004 (198 lbs. ~13% bf)

Current Status: Cutting

Crap I feel like shiat. I think i've come down with the flu. This is definitely going to cause some set backs.sss

...sure hope you ain't coming down with anything bro, get some rest -

This sucks. I've had terrible strep throat. Haven't eaten anything but two yops and some cup jello. I've woken up at 430am for the past 4 nights in a row. I lost 10 lbs of weight. I'm so dehydrated I get dilusional!

not to mention i have midterms and big assignments in uni for next week i haven't started studying for or started to write. I can't even i'm so sick.

I no longer have the fever but my strep throat has not completely let up yet. I'm at my actual home where I don't really have access to a lot of food. I weighed myself today at 175lbs. Before I got sick I weighed 185lbs with some clothes on. This sucks!!! I hope my lifts aren't to damaged. I need to get back to my school in toronto where I can get back to the swing of things. I'm just not doing anything at my house.

I've now got some choices to make. Like when to get back to the gym. I don't think it will be until next monday. I'm back at school which means it's time to eat like I was before I got sick. I don't want my lifts to drop at all.

...it is bound to be a little funky when you get back to it but that is expected -

Good luck - hope you be settting new personal records like crazy bro -

Tomorrow is the big day......I feel like 95% percent better. I'm going to turn into a tank tomorrow.....Eating big time starting tomorrow.

I did my first leg workout since I've been sick. I kind of wanted to take it easy as I'm not 100% better. I've decided to rotate squats and deadlifts each week so I'll only be doing one of the two exercises each week. I think it is going to be better for my lower back and allow me to focus more on my lats, traps, and calves. Today I did

extensions 150lbs x10
    165lbs x 10
    press 280lbs x 12
    300lbs x 10
    curl 90x 8

Really bad workout..My stomach was so upset because I hadn't had milk and whey for a long time. I almost blew out of my ass while doing my set of leg curls.

I'm very happy at the moment. I just got back from doing my first push day at the gym in a long time. I thought my lifts would be way down since I got sick. My bench press was alright if not improved. I did

Chest Press 225lbsx3
    210lbsx6

incline machine press 140lbs 6x3

shoulder press 90lbsx3
    80x3

smith machine close grip press 90lbs x4 (ouch....not going to do this anymore without an ezbar.

pushdownss 80lbsx5
    70x3
    I think i have to lessen the weight. It's too much for my bodyweight. It almost lifts me up.

I've got some good doms today.

Just going to eat, rest and study until friday.

Getting excited for tomorrows workout. For experiment purposes I'm going to try deads on the smith machine. I also think i'm going to do t bar rows as well. I'm so sick of the food at my university so i'm experimenting with Japanese food etc....

I tried deadlifts on the smith machine and loved them.

Deadlifts (smith) 225lbs 10 reps
    275lbs 3 reps (easy)

T bar row 70lbs 8 reps (first time doing them and uncomfortable)

Machine Row 110lbs 15 reps
    130lbs 8 reps
    Gravitron Chins 20 6 reps
    70 10 reps
    120 6 reps

I need straps...

Shrugs (smith) 135lbs 30 reps

I've thought about it and I'm going to continue to do smith machine deadlifts every week as well as squats. Today my lover back does not really feel sore although yesterday it did feel worked. My hams are really feeling sore. I think in general this exercise works better for me and my goals.

Just thinking of some goals I want to accomplish. Well actually I'm just procrastinating studying.

Finally got access to a weigher... Darn it only 179lbs! I know what I have to do..eat.\

My main goal for bench bressing is to keep on doing my machine presses until I can successfully bench 225lbs.

Squats? 185lbs i'm lifting now. Give me a break. I can do a lot more but after getting stuck under light weight like that it makes me wonder. That's not a fun thing to do. Embarassing and it kind of hurt. I have to be lifting at leat 225lbs soon. I really wish my gym had a cage though!

Smith Machine Deadlifts I'm going to give 315lbs a try next week.

Exams suck....Too much studying. Anyways trying to think of what I want to accomplish in the gym tonight. It's leg day but my ham's are still sore from deadlifting on friday..hmmmmm Don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe just blast my calves and do leg presses and extensions.

...get those straps bro, lol - that is some nice work on those deads, good luck next session with them.

I didn't end up going to the gym last night. Too much studying. I just finished an exam on the history of business....I'd like to wipe my ass with Adam Smith's invisible hand. Anyways I think I'm going to do my push routine as well but squat 225lbs today....I'm petrified without the power rack though!!! And I'm also going to blast my calves.

Went to the gym today. I need to get some rest though because i'm so sleep deprived.

CHEST

machine press 225lbs 6x4 reps (excellent)
    incline press 180lbs 3 reps (fantastic)

SHOULDERS

press 90lbs x 6 (seat was not on lowest level)

TRICEPS

extensions 70lbs x15x10

SQUATS

225 lbs 2 reps hehe everybody has to start somewhere

CALVES

smith calve raises 225lbs 25x15
    seated calve raise 90lbs 15x16
    leg press calve press 180lbs 27 reps

Lifts are looking beautiful. My eating on the other hand is not! Not eating enough.