The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Five meals a day?

How important is it to spread your daily calorie intake over 5 meals? I know it's desirable, but is it of great importance? Would my progress be inhibited, were I to spread out the same number of calories over just 3 or 4 meals? It's just that I start university again, soon, and am not sure how I'm going to be able to manage to fit in so many meals - far more convenient to just have 3 larger meals. I'm not even sure how people who work can manage, realistically, to fit in 5 meals a day.

Does anyone have any advice?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I eat 7-8x's a day, it's not too difficult to work around eating habbits. But then again I prioritze everything around my BBing. Example of my eating;

8am breakfast
    9:00 Workout
    10:15 Post workout shake
    12pm go to college
    1pm eat protein bar between classes
    3pm get home and eat
    6pm eat first dinner
    7pm workout
    8:15 post workout shake
    9:30 2nd dinner
    11pm meal before sleep

I like this because I get in about 3500-4000 kcal a day with about 300g protein, minimal fat (about 35g of mono-unsat fats) and all low glycemic carbs except for postworkout. I'm never hungry, and never too full. Also I'm rarely catobolic but haven't put on any fat (actually am cutting a bit while gaining lbm) I don't want to say that 3 big meals won't be good for you, but for me I like lots of small meals through the day, as I have had nothing but great results.
    Height-5' 7"
    Chest-46"
    Biceps-17"
    Waist-28"
    Squat- 360x8 DB Curl- 70x6

Re: Five meals a day?

Originally posted by dyslexic_banana
    How important is it to spread your daily calorie intake over 5 meals? I know it's desirable, but is it of great importance? Would my progress be inhibited, were I to spread out the same number of calories over just 3 or 4 meals? It's just that I start university again, soon, and am not sure how I'm going to be able to manage to fit in so many meals - far more convenient to just have 3 larger meals. I'm not even sure how people who work can manage, realistically, to fit in 5 meals a day.

Does anyone have any advice?
    Meal frequency is not as important as some make it out to be, and I see no problem with you eating 3-4 meals per day. This is assuming of course that you are taking in adequate calories, protein, and EFAs.

The main advantage to eating 6+ meals per day is the fact that you can increase the amount of calories you are consuming quite easily, and frequent meals also help with appetite control.

Make sure and have a meal when you wake and something before bed, due to the overnight fast, and then spread your remaining meals out when you can over the course of the day. I would also recommend making sure to implement pre and or post workout shakes.