The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Need a good cutting diet

I'm only 135lbs, I want to gain more weight, I eat a lot of fattie foods, such as chips, icecream, chicken, steak, pasta... Everything to help put on weight. But I just can't seem to gain weight. So I've decided I'm going to go on a cutting diet. So I can have all of my muscles smaller, but ripped. Anyone have any good diet suggestions? Please leave a list of your cutting diets. But only really good cutting diets. And when I eat the foods during this diet.
    Kloonie

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    i suggest eating 10,000 calories a day
    Hard and heavy.

20 views, and 1 reply, common people. Help me out. I just need to know like a good diet, from day 1 to 7 everyday of the week, I don't want to search this entire forum of a diet, can't someone just slap one down for me, or theirs that works very well for them.
    Kloonie

Wannabebig Member
    all im saying is that you shouldn't be cutting at 135 lbs. you should be eating every clean food in sight, and you probably shouldn't even bother counting your calories.

eat sweet potatos, rice, fish, chicken, milk, etc.
    Hard and heavy.

Ok, so eat sweet potatos, rice, fish, chicken, milk for cutting, or to help myself gain weight...
    Kloonie

Originally posted by Kloonie
    20 views, and 1 reply, common people. Help me out. I just need to know like a good diet, from day 1 to 7 everyday of the week, I don't want to search this entire forum of a diet, can't someone just slap one down for me, or theirs that works very well for them.
    Just using what works for someone else will not necessarily work for you, seeing as how everyone is different. We have no idea as to your schedule and what foods you have access to.

Why not try this from another approach, instead of asking someone to "make" a diet for you, make one yourself and then other members will be more than happy to give you some feedback.

First you need to determine what your goals are (cutting/bulking), and the food choices will be pretty much the same either way. The only thing that will vary will be your calorie intake. Just keep these things in mind:

~1g of protein per lb. of bw

~25% of your daily cals from fat (healthy sources/EFAs)

fill in the rest of your cals with complex/low GI carbs

adjust your daily calorie intake up or down in small increments until you are gaining/losing the desired amount of weight each week

I will be happy to offer any advice that I have to give once you have prepared some type of meal plan.

Thanks.

I would really like to go from 135lbs to 165-170lbs. But I need to know what kind of foods I need to eat to do that. I'm 16 years old only weighing in at 135lbs. That is quite sad. I'm quite ripped though. But I would really like to put on more muscle so my definition would show a lot more. Now what kinda of foods do I want to start eating to gain weight. Could you just list some for me, I'll go out and buy them, and start eating them like crazy. Then when I get up around 170lbs, I'll go on a cutting diet, and get ripped. Just need to know what foods I'm looking for. Thats all. I need a list of foods I can eat to gain weight, and then a list of foods i can eat for cutting. Please give me any chocies you have.
    Kloonie

Re: Thanks.

Originally posted by Kloonie
    I would really like to go from 135lbs to 165-170lbs. But I need to know what kind of foods I need to eat to do that. I'm 16 years old only weighing in at 135lbs. That is quite sad. I'm quite ripped though. But I would really like to put on more muscle so my definition would show a lot more. Now what kinda of foods do I want to start eating to gain weight. Could you just list some for me, I'll go out and buy them, and start eating them like crazy. Then when I get up around 170lbs, I'll go on a cutting diet, and get ripped. Just need to know what foods I'm looking for. Thats all. I need a list of foods I can eat to gain weight, and then a list of foods i can eat for cutting. Please give me any chocies you have.
    Lean protein sources- eggs/egg whites, poultry, lean beef, dairy products (milk, cottage cheese, yogurt), fish, protein powder

Fats- fish oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish

Carbs- oats, sweet potatoes, veggies, fruit, beans, brown rice, ww bread, whole grain cereals, etc.

In order to gain weight you will have to create a calorie surplus, so first off figure up how many cals you are currently taking in each day. Increase this amount by a small amount each week (~300), until you are gaining .5-1lb. per week.

The food choices would be pretty much the same, regardless of whether you are cutting or bulking. The only thing that would really change is the number of calories you are eating each day.

Don't skip out on healthy fats and also make sure and use proper pre/post workout nutrition.

Try eating more food. It takes time to get use to it. For example next time your having a baked potato have two, dont give up, if it takes you an hour to eat it, take an hour to eat it.
    If your 135lb your more than likely not eating enough.
    Snack, when ever you get the chance.
    Drink lots of milk, its a really good source of protein, and if your bulking semi skimmed will be ok for you.

Yeah, like these guys are saying, you have to eat, eat, eat. I weigh about 205 right now, and im trying to gain lean mass. I eat liek crazy, but i should prolly eat more, cuz I want to be about 225-230. Im already a big guy, but any suggestions form anyone as to anything I should add:

6 eggs a day (two yolks in all)
    Peanut butter (twice a day)
    Protein shake
    At least one big serving of red meat a day, some days a poultry instead
    About a gallon of milk a day

What should I add to this diet. I mean, I eat other things, like fruit and stuff, but what of the big bulking foods should i eat more of?
    "Color outside the lines"

Originally posted by Ebu
    6 eggs a day (two yolks in all)
    Peanut butter (twice a day)
    Protein shake
    At least one big serving of red meat a day, some days a poultry instead
    About a gallon of milk a day

What should I add to this diet. I mean, I eat other things, like fruit and stuff, but what of the big bulking foods should i eat more of?
    If you list out your meals and what each meal contains it would give everyone a better idea as to what kind of foods you are eating.

There is really no difference between "bulking foods" and "cutting foods," and the only thing that would really change is the amount of food that you are eating. Throw in some low GI carbs and healthy fats (I listed some examples in my post above), along with what you have listed above to boost your daily calorie intake. If you are still having trouble getting in enough cals, then add in some liquid calories.