The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

excercies to better pushups besides pushups

I have been practicing pushups for a while now. I leave for basic training in about 3 weeks and I was just wondering..does bench pressing help you be able to do pushups easier? Or any other excercise? I've been working out with weights in the gym and have gotten signifigantly stronger and larger muscles, even better than I had hoped for. Before I started working out, I could do about 40 to 45 pushups before getting tired out. Now I can do about 70 to 75. Do you think the work I've done in the gym, chest presses, bench pressing and things like that have helped at all? Or have I made all that progress in such a short time (1 month) just by practicing pushups once in a while? And also, does anyone have any recomendations on things to help get better at them? Thanks..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

hey wanna go lift
    Doing pushups consistantly in combination with chest workouts have helped you a lot in developing your endurance (I'm guessing by the volume of pushups you do)...

I mean, hell, 70-75 consecutive pushups is pretty damn respectable, IMO. I might be able to do 40-50..
    Weight: 167lbs
    Height: 6'0"
    BF%: 14-16%

Current Lifts (10/1/03):
    Bench: 155lbs
    Squat: 145lbs
    D/L: 185lbs

Goal Lifts (12/1/03):
    Bench: 175lbs
    Squat: 165lbs
    D/L: 225lbs

Weight/BF% Goals:
    Weight: 190
    BF%: < 12%

Try varying your hand position, decline pushups, handstand pushups.

Working your chest and arms regularly will certainly contribute to your strength and allow you to do more pushups.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220