The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

my schedule's going to take away my muscles

MWF
    8:10 - 9:10 CLASS#1
    [10 min break]

9:20 - 10:20 CLASS#2
    [10 min break]

10:30 - 11:30 CLASS#3
    [10 min break]

11:40 - 12:40 CLASS#4
    [10 min break]

Above is the morning part of my schedule, what i wanted to know was, what kind of food could i possibly consume within each 10 min break (i'm thinking something liquid?? ). because more often than not i'm trying to catch up on as much sleep as possible to the point i dont have any time to make breakfast. so if worst comes to worse i'll be eating my breakfast within the 10 min breaks.

i know the logical thing to do is get up early and eat breakfast that'll last you till lunch. but like i said, that won't always be possible . my daily intake should be ~3k cals. yes, bulking (or atleast trying to). well, if it helps the afternoon part of my sched is summarized below.

12:40 - 1:10 (eat lunch - 30min)
    study 3 hours
    eat again (30min)
    CLASS#5
    have a snack then go home (6:20pm)

any help would be GREAT, thanks!

ps. i'm a hopeless cook.
    pps. i have a tiny bit of $$ for supps.
    Last edited by Spawn; 09-10-2003 at 05:01 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Just consume liquid calories, and there are plenty of shake ideas in the recipe forum. Just get your shakes prepared ahead of time and when you wake up in the morning just add milk, water, etc.

There is nothing that says you have to eat every 2 hours, but you would need to eat more calories at each meal if you were only consuming 4 meals as compared to 6.

I really don't see the above as being a problem with proper planning, and you can always pack sandwiches, nuts, etc. which can easily be eaten within 10 minutes.

Grab a skim milk between classes and more importantly, keep up your strength training.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Turkey/tuna/PB sandwiches, etc. Shakes, trailmix (the kind with no salt or candy in it.) Lots of things you can carry with you.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Spawn, I don't really see a problem with only having 10 minutes to eat. Can you eat in class? Some classes let you do that.

I always see people eating chips or drinking coke, so I started to eat my meals in class and no one gave me any trouble (well except for the egg whites which "smell", whatever).

Also, if I may suggest, you really should eat breakfast since it's the most important meal of the day.

You really don't even have to KNOW how to cook when it comes to bodybuilding.

for making rice - get a rice cooker
    for cooking chicken - george forman grill
    cooking eggs - a huge pot

Last year between classes I used to eat full meals...but I agree it was kinda tricky especially when I only had like 10min (or 5min) between classes. So what I would do is just eat the full meals in class...or if I couldn't do that, because of a lab, I would drink a protein shake (mixed with milk) and also eat some brown rice and a yogurt right before that class.

Also, if you do eat in between classes and you don't finish your meal...that's still better then not eating at all.

You mentioned that you go to school early in the morning and come home after 6pm. Just get yourself a really big cooler and take a couple of meals with you, that's what I've been doing.

thanks for all the replies

i think i'll go with the shakes, it seems most convenient. gonna have to find that blender tho. i've honestly never made a shake containing so many cals (had a look at the shakes thread @ recipes). reckon the milk will be good until 12:40? i've never been too fond of food being run through the blender, so tell me...does it take a bit of getting used to? i mean, the taste and all. the shakes kinda remind me of yoghurt, which i've never really been a fan of.

off to find that blender.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Originally posted by Spawn
    reckon the milk will be good until 12:40?
    I reckon so, if you use a cooler with those little blue ice packs!

There's nothing worse than drinking warm milk...

And about the taste of the shakes, it depends what you use, and how much milk/water. I myself prefer them really thick so I use only like 10oz of milk.

i have a similar schedule, i take a couple bananas/apples/oranges and a bag of nuts in my bag.

that looks like my schedule and i get by just fine. I cook my breakfast the night before such as some hard boiled eggs or i hit up a shake that takes 2 or 3 min to make(Milk, protein, natty pb, and oats). Then take food with you and eat every two hrs in class, people will get over it. Just take pb sandwhiches, protein bars and some fruit.
    damn it

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    wake up 15 minutes earlier and have some whole grain toast with natty PB

if you can't do that then you are allowing yourself to lose muscle

also one shake idea that is very hardy, whey + egg + ground oatmeal + ground flax seed

good luck

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Holto: the shake sounds great except for that egg....if there's even a slight taste of raw egg i'm going to spew it all out.

i kinda liked this one from the shakes thread by j. mo

1 packet chocolate Isopure MRP (50 grams protien)
    2 bananas
    2 cups milk
    a handful of frozen strawberries

i like strawberries.

TripleP: sorry, i should have asked if the milk would still be fresh till 12:40 ...i unknowingly drank a whole cup of sour milk once ...i kinda like it when milk's warm. hehe

this isn't really related directly w/ the this thread but still concerning muscle loss.

i had an impacted wisdom tooth removed (the tooth was 'coming out' horizontally rather than vertically, colliding with other teeth) so she cut up my gums to enable her to extract the tooth.

currently the pain is minimal (i took a panadol) but previously it was PAINFUL. i read an article before, i think it was at thefactsaboutfitness.com about painkillers and how they 'eat' at your muscles..is that true. my dentist gave me 'aulin' ..i dont know if that's the name --she only gave me two tablets.

would anyone know if this drug eats at muscles? i'll gut thru the pain for a couple days if it does.

thanks.

When i have a busy day @ university, i just blend up whey, milk oats and PB, then transfer them to a few cool flasks (as reccomended by Stuart McRobert) then im good for most of the day. Throw a couple of DYA pro flapjacks and im good 2 go
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Originally posted by Spawn
    currently the pain is minimal (i took a panadol) but previously it was PAINFUL. i read an article before, i think it was at thefactsaboutfitness.com about painkillers and how they 'eat' at your muscles..is that true. my dentist gave me 'aulin' ..i dont know if that's the name --she only gave me two tablets.

would anyone know if this drug eats at muscles? i'll gut thru the pain for a couple days if it does.
    Was the article referring to painkillers such as aspirin and ibuprofen (NSAID)? These types of drugs do have an adverse affect on protein synthesis.

With that being said, I would not be concerned about taking pain medication for a couple of days. I doubt it is going to have any adverse affects on muscle gains, and I have seen nothing to indicate that it will "eat muscle."

Here is an older thread that might help.http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...hlight=aspirin

u da man, bradley - u da man

( but i bet u already knew that...heheh )

hold up, i have another slight problem concerning my dental surgery. first of all it's too painful to eat solid foods, thus i'll have to conclude that i won't be eating enough (3k cal). secondly i still dont have a blender that works..ie, no shakes --which would solve this problem.

so what i wanna know is - should i still continue training? or should i wait til the wound heals so i can eat properly. i'm just thinking if i train, at the end of the day i'll be in caloric defecit.

drink a lot of milk, orange juice, apple juice. also, i don't use a blender for protein hsakes if its just hte protein powder

sounds good..but should i still train?