The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Could Carbs Have Gotten Me Thicker?

I bought a bathroom scale that also measures your body fat. I only bought it because I want to measure my progress more accurately, when I feel better about my weight I will get my body fat tested under water. Anyway, the point is I had to take some measurements in order for it to tell me my body fat. One of which includes my waist. When I measure, my waist is now 39. I also weighed myself and weigh 209.

If you recall, I posted my weight on Friday, which was 200, I carbo-loaded that evening and all day Saturday. I figure I ate about 350 grams of carbs. A good chunk was also sugar carbs because it is my understanding that I want some to spill over to fat cells. I ate potatoes, cereal, low fat ice cream, spaghetti, bread, bread sticks and bagels. I may have eaten even more then 350 grams. Anyway, could my carbo-loading have given me a thicker waist? I know that I would weight more because that happens according to Lyle McDonald. What do you guys think?

My body fat by the way shows up as 23%.

Never mind, I just realized that I might have taken my first measurements incorrectly. My waist is 38, I thought it was 36 because of my belt but I was all mixed up. I guess I am not doing as well as I thought, but I will keep on working. As I mentioned before, even with my flab you can see some abs. I guess all is not lost then.
    Last edited by harryhoudini66; 09-14-2003 at 08:57 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would recommend taking your measurements before beginning your carb load, due to the fact that you are probably bloated and/or retaining water after the large calorie intake.

If you kept fat to a minimum I doubt that you would gain any significant amount of fat, consuming that amount of carbs (assuming full depletion). You have to expect the large increases in weight after a carb load, due to glycogen/water weight.

There is no need for spillover into fat cells unless you are <15% bf.

Also I would not put much stock into the bio-impedance scales, but they can be a useful tool in tracking your overall progress. Just make sure to weigh yourself under the same conditions each week.