Thread: How exactly do you lockout in a deadlift

Hybrid View

How exactly do you lockout in a deadlift

I've heard a lot of different things about it...and I just want a clear answer for it. I think it's rolling your shoulder back at the top of the movement? And is there a purpose for it for strength training, or is it only a part of competitions used to determine that the movement was completed? So would there be any strength benefits by locking out or no? Cause I don't really know if I have been locking out or not...

Thanks in advance
    I am cool beyond all natural explanation.

Banned
    Rolling back of the shoulders and pronouncement of forward hips etc. is a move performed in Powerlifting meats to verify that the lift has been locked out and completed.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    I only do it to let myself know I'm not losing ANY little bit of ROM while doing the dead. But if your not a PLer I don't think it would make much difference would it?
    w00t

Knees must be locked as well.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer