Thread: Tired...No, KNACKERED all the time

Vi-Pit' Po-Chornomu Moscow Mule's Avatar

Tired...No, KNACKERED all the time

I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this...

For the last 2 weeks or so I have felt more tired than I ever have in my life...I mean that it is almost impossible to wake up in the mornings and when I get home from work at night I literally am so tired that I just have the energy to have something to eat and collapse into bed where I instantly fall into a deep sleep. Also during the day I feel as if I could sleep on a piano wire at a second's notice. I have also experienced some slight dizzyness somedays which feels like seasickness...however being in a city without an ocean for thousands of KM this isn't the cause!!

Furthermore, I have been lifting again for the last month after a month off, and have gradually noticed a very definate loss of body fat - ok ok I know that most of us want that, but the thing is that I have done nothing to actively court such a result...no calorie decrease, nor increased cardio.

I do have a history of depression and am going through a pretty low patch at the moment, but I have never experienced this kind of stuff before.

Any ideas/advice??

Thanks.

More info

How often do you train?
    Quality of diet?
    Amount of sleep and rest?

Train 3 times a week on weights with a routine pretty much akin to the WBB1 split on this site.

Eat fairly cleanly, rarely drink more than once a week, eat the occassional sweet or dessert but usually protein, complex carbs, enough fruit and veg to ward off scurvy. Don't smoke never taken any type of drug.

Regarding sleep - as I say it is incredibly deep at the moment and I would guess that I get an average of about 7 or 8 hours a night, which probably isn't enough for me, but it shouldn't make me feel like I am.

Work isn't at all stressful, it is bloody boring though!

Hope this gives some clues to someone!

Well there's nothing obvious there so you should consider seeing a doctor, make an extra effort on the sleep front though - taking all your training sets to failure or beyond could be pushing your recovery and requiring you to need more sleep but thats a big maybe.

how old are you?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I am 24 (and a half!!!!!!)

ah. i was thinking perhaps it was mono, but you would seem a little old for that. not by much tho. i would check with your doctor. how many calories are you getting a day?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

taking vitamins/minerals??

i seem to find that taking iron during periods like this helps me A LOT.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~