The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Progress at last!

I have put weight on this last week for the first time in months. Previously I have been 12 st 12 lb for about 5 months and this last week I went up to 13st 1 lb.

Also on my bench press last week i could only manage 3 sets of 5 but this week with the same weight I managed to lift a set of 9 followed by a set of 7 then 6. Do u think next week that I should add 2.5kg?

My progress is probably down to the fact that on monday I started to use creatine and a protein shake as well. I have been using the creatine 5 times a day (loading phase) and the protein shake 3 times a day.

I just thought I would post my progress since I was quite pleased. Previously I don't think I have been increasing the weight enough.

P.S. bench press is not the only exercise I have improved this week but since I like working my chest it's the most pleasing.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

good job , I've noticed better results while not taking creatine
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
    good job , I've noticed better results while not taking creatine
    :withstupi
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

hey wanna go lift
    Maybe this just works for me.. but on bench, in my sets, I shoot for between 4-8 reps and I bump up the weight 5lbs per week. Lifting heavy for a few reps seems to be working very well for me. In 3 weeks, I've gone from 145 to 175... but I need a spotter on my last set of 4-8 for 175lbs. Its pretty heavy for me.

So in summary... good job dude maybe lift heavy and for less reps and see how it works for you?
    Last edited by utah82; 09-20-2003 at 11:02 AM.

bulking
    Good job dude.

Im still cutting so Im actually losing some muscle but they are getting more defined tho.