Thread: Hack Squats?!?!

Wannabebig Member

Hack Squats?!?!

When I squat the barbell digs into my back and creates so much discomfort i cant really hold the weight for too long... also i like squatting heavy and when the barbell falls it really can cause some damage... im just wondering if theres a major difference between normal squats and hack squats... get back to me ASAP plz.. TY

Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Wannabebig Member
    LOL... Bro I know the difference in the body parts they work but squats are almost as important as deadlifts to me... man theyr great for getting big... all im asking is whether theres a big difference in how hack squats work on your body compared to normal squats.

Wannabebig Member
    See thats what too much work does to you... I meant to know i know how the two are performed i just want to know if theres a major difference between the body parts they work and how effetively they work them.

yes. half the effort in a squat goes to keeping the weight up on your shoulders, whereas in a hack squat you won't be working as hard to just hold the bar.

decrease the weight. chances are that if you're having trouble even holding the weight up, you're doing 1/4 squats anyway. decrease the weight, make sure you're going to parallel, and work on your technique.

Wannabebig Member
    uhmm so your saying I shouldnt replace my normal squats with hack squats.... thats what im thinking about doing anyway.

i'm saying you definitely shouldn't. and IMO theres no real reason to do hack squats anyway... instead of 3 sets of hack squats and 3 sets of leg extensions or some other dumb exercise, why not just do 6 sets of real squats? you'll get way more in return for it

hi
    if you are a just starting, stick with the basics. dont sis out on squats. you just need to find someone in your gym to help you do them right. it should not hurt. do hacks as well.