Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Diana Got Her Groove Back

Rockin' the midlife crisis xraygirl's Avatar

How Diana Got Her Groove Back

Today was lower-body day. I would post poundages, but there are enough jokes around this forum to keep people laughing...

Warmed up with 3 sets of 20 walking lunges. Did 3 sets of 15 for the following:
    SLDL's
    Leg Press
    Did 3 sets of 20 of the following:
    Leg Extensions
    Leg Curls
    Standing Calves

Notes:
    Some big Marine kinda took over the Squat Rack and Seated Calve machines, so I'll have to do those instead of cardio this afternoon. Went up in pounds on everything except the leg press. The Body Master Leg Press is just not my friend.
    Am in the process of switching up my workout plan. Thinking of going with a separate day for arms and shoulders, then doing chest, back and calves together.

Update: The squat racks were all taken so I went ahead and did 3x15 @ the seated calve, 3x10 hanging leg raises and 30 min. cardio. That is all...thank you and good night...

D.
    Last edited by xraygirl; 03-20-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Title Change

I'll be your number one supporter.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Thanks! Or rather...arigato gozaimas
    Last edited by xraygirl; 07-31-2001 at 03:36 AM.
    "I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -Lily Tomlin

Did chest and back, 3x10 of the following:
    Incline DB Press
    Flat Flyes
    Pulldown
    Seated Rows
    3x15 lying leg raises, ran for 10 min. on the treadmill.
    Will do stairmaster and cable crunches when I get off work.

PM Update: 30 min. on the evil stairmaster, went ahead and did arms & shoulders since I was feeling energetic or something. 3x10 of the following:
    Cable Lateral Raises
    DB Presses
    Rear Flyes
    Incline Bicep Curls
    Concentration Curls
    DB Overhead Triceps
    Rope Press-Downs
    Then...3x30 cable crunches

I'll probably feel like a med school cadaver tomorrow morning, but that's just the way it is. I was slacking and now I refuse to anymore. So there!

D.
    Last edited by xraygirl; 08-02-2001 at 03:10 AM.
    "I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -Lily Tomlin

Well, I waaay overtrained today, but I needed to shock my lower body. So here it is...
    3x15 of everything except the walking lunges. That was 3x25
    squats, SLDL's, leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses, hyperextensions, seated calves and standing calves.
    My legs felt like noodles after all this. Cardio did not happen. Putting together a new workout this weekend.

D.

Monday's Workout

New week and start of my new split. Today was chest, back, calves.
    Chest-flat DB presses, incline flyes, pec-dek 3x10
    Went up in wt since I've moved to the 8-10 rep range. I was going with 12-15 previously
    Back-Pull-downs, seated rows, and straight-arm pull-downs. 3x10
    This was the first time I did the straight arm pulls.
    Calves-standing and seated calve raises. 3x15
    No cardio today. Have to pay bills during my lunch hour instead (priorities...) so I'm doing it tomorrow morning.

D.

I can't let Maki be the only one...I'll be another number 1 supporter.
    Last edited by Spiderman; 08-06-2001 at 09:24 AM.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Well, no cardio this morning. Still sporting residuals of last Friday's overtraining episode. Should be fine by tomorrow since It will be leg and butt day again...groan
    Thanks guys for the support!
    D

Two's a crowd, bugger off Spidey
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Haha, I'll be here if Maki dies of alcohol poisoning.

Thrusday, 09 Aug

Quads, Hams, Glutes
    3x15 of everything. Squats, SLDL's, Leg Presses, Leg Ext and Leg Curl. Went up on Extension, Squat (yeah!), and SLDL's. Was excited about the increase in squat weight.
    Tomorrow is shoulder, bi, tri day

D.

Friday, 10 Aug

Arms & shoulders: 3x10 of the following...
    Shoulders-lateral raises (used DB's since the same marine that got in the way of my leg workout last week, was on the cables), DB overhead presses and rear delt flyes
    Biceps-Hammer and concentration curls
    Triceps-DB overhead presses and kick-backs

Ran on treadmill for 20 min and beat a hasty retreat...

D.

Monday, 13 Aug ...

Chest and Back day! Yesterday was the Far East Bodybuilding comp and a few of the peeps who work out when I do competed. The gym was a madhouse this morning! This person leaned out too much, that one didn't enough, this one just doesn't have what it takes, etc... Somehow, I managed to get my workout done amidst all the excitement.

3x10 of the following:
    Flat DB Bench, Incline Flyes, Pec-dek, Seated Rows, Pull-downs (used close grip for the 1st time), and Straight arm press-downs.

2x15 lying leg raises & 2x15 hanging leg raises

Gonna do calves and cardio @ lunch.

Update: Spent 30 min. in Stairmaster Hell 3x15 standing and seated calves.
    After I got done with standing calves, some guy came up to me and asked if he could trade calves with me.

D
    Last edited by xraygirl; 08-12-2001 at 09:13 PM.

Tuesday, 14 Aug

Cardio & abs (kinda): 30 min. in stairmaster hell. Did 10 floors less than yesterday, but I really didn't expect to do as well since I did 30 min. yesterday. Trying to work back up. My cardio will be strictly stairmaster and running for the next few months because my annual fitness assessment is in Dec and I have a reputation to uphold.
    Did (get a load of this...) 3x50 cable crunches. Definitely time to move the weight up on that.

Now for the "Things That Make Diana's Life One Long Weekend In Hell portion of the post
    I started to diet yesterday. I hate dieting! It's a 4-letter-word for one and it starts with the word die for petes sake! It's basically a low-key not a BB cutting diet, but still, it cramps my style. Okay, I'll stop bitching now...

Tomorrow is Leg Day! I like leg day

D.

Wednesday, 15 Aug...PayDay!

Legs & Butt: Warmed up with 3x20 walking lunges sans db's (whaddya expect at 4:00 a.m.?) then did 3x15 of everything else.
    Squats, Leg press, SLDL's, Leg Ext, Leg Curl, Weighted Hyperextensions

Observations: My lower body workouts are not as effective at 4:00 as they are at about, say...noon. Maybe it's the age thang. Also, the body-master's leg press may have to go. They have a hack-squat machine that I may try instead.

Diet's still there. Just holding out till Saturday, then I'll be able to eat all day. Then back to the grind on Sunday.

D.

Thursday, 16 Aug

It was cardio and cable crunch day. The stairmaster again. I measure my progress by how many floors I can haul myself up in 30 min. and today was a jump. 140 floors. Monday was 135 and Tues was 122. My goal is about 190. Then the ergo test in Dec will be a mere cake-walk. It will also give my legs outstanding definition, always a good thing
    Moved up to 100# on the cable crunch...3x30.

Diet notes: My attitude about the diet is improving because when I eat fewer carbs, I'm less sluggish. Also, my carb cravings are reducing. What I'm doing is eating 1 small serving of starchy carbs and fruits with my 1st 3 meals, then cutting them out for the rest of the day and living on fresh vegs and protein for the next 3 meals. This goes on from Sun-Fri with Sat being my cheat day. I'm pretty liberal with my protein and veggie intake, but measure those starches.

If anyone has any imput, advice, etc...jump on in. I'll take good advice.

D.
    Last edited by xraygirl; 08-16-2001 at 08:27 PM.

Friday, 17 Aug

Did most of my Bi-Tri-Shoulder workout on cables today.
    1x15, 1x12, 1x10 (trying to bring up poundages)
    Side Lateral Raise, Front Raise, Rear delt Flyes
    Cable Bi Curls, Zottmans (did negatives on the Cable Curls)
    DB Overhead Raises, Rope Pressdowns (negatives on these too)

Traditional Crunches, 30 min. stairmaster and I was outta there!

D.

If you can, to speed up the process eat your last meal 4 hours before bedtime. Make sure your last meal is a mix of casein/whey.
    I would say 70/30 % ratio.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 08-17-2001 at 09:15 AM.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Will I need to take some Lactaid with this since I'm lactose intolerant? Don't want to drive Mr. xraygirl out of the house quite yet .

D.

Monday, 20 Aug

The word for today is sciatica. Down the right side of my body. The stair-master may not happen today... Got up and did my 4:00a.m. lifting. Chest and back.

3x10 of the following:
    Flat DB Bench, Flyes, Pec-Dek
    Seated Rows, Pull-downs, Straight-Arm Pressdowns
    3x20-lying leg raises

Notes: Went up on Pec-Dec, Seated Rows, Pull-downs. Did the pulldowns with a narrow grip and palms facing each other. Completely different feel. Ran 2 miles on Saturday and did nothing workout-wise yesterday.
    Cut out sodas Mon-Fri as of today and back on the diet for the week. Saturday was a carb-frenzy. I put the "p" in pig But, yesterday, was no where near as bad.

D.

Tues, 21 Aug

Cardio-30 min on 'da stairmaster and the usual cable crunches. Would have done more but I was seriously crunched for time

Notes: 143 floors, making progress there 100# on the crunches. Forgot to work calves yesterday so I'll have to do them tomorrow during lunch.
    Diet is coming along...

D.

Wed, 22 Aug

Did legs this morning. Was there earlier than usual because one of my darling children *cough* messed up my alarm clock so I thought that it was 4 when it was really 3:30. Love dem kids
    Walking lunge warm-up
    Squats-2x20, 1x15, 1x10
    SLDL's-1x20, 2x15, 1x10
    Lying Leg Press-4x15
    Leg Extensions-1x15, 3x10 (weak)
    Leg Curls-4x15
    Standing and Seated Calves-4x15

Notes: Been having problems with Leg Extensions since late last year but that seems to be slowly improving. Back no longer hurts when doing Standing Calve @ 120#... it's about time! Time to go up in # on Seated Calve. Hope to get cardio in this p.m. but not holding my breath...

D.

*does a drunken jig in xraygirl's journal just for the hell of it*

:alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Get lost she's mine.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Don't make me pull out the bottle of Wild Turkey, Maki. I'll do it.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock