The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Eating injury? Lifting injury? Both?

Well, internal hemorrhoid actually. This is serious, and I'm not trying to make anyone sick, but blood from your @$$ during bowel movements will get your attention. Enough to stain the water pink. Happened 3 times, all in the last 6 weeks, my first bulk. Always during large, firm bowel movements. Usually a day or so after leg day (squats?) I'm drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day, and eating around 40 grams of fiber daily. Still, I get mildly constipated sometimes and with the volume I'm eating, I found myself straining, and bleeding. The Doctor says it can be caused by many things. Constipation, hurrying during bowel movements (straining), and HEAVY LIFTING (especially holding breath during lifts (straining)).
    So, what do you guys think might help? I thought maybe I was eating too much dairy/calcium, and that might cause hard stools. I don't want to take stool softeners or drugs, but I don't want to tear my @$$ out either. Thanks for any help.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Oh, and peanut butter/nuts, I read that nuts can be a cause of this sort of thing, or aggravate it. I hope not, cause I love em.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Gonadius Maximus
    Has your doctor asked for stool specimens? Are you taking any kind of anti-inflamatories naproxen or aspirin? they can cause bleeding. Up you intake of fiber that may help.

are u taking fiber supplements? i might suggest adding a mild form if you aren't already. stay away from oat bran fiber as it is rough and did me and another training partner wrong whilst on a keto diet.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Thanks for the replies. I don't take fiber supplements..All of my fiber comes from WW bread, oatmeal, kidney beans, broccoli, apples (1 a day), and I do throw 1/4 cup of Fiber One cereal in my MRP shake. I take no drugs of any sort, not even caffeine. Without posting everything I eat, and concentrating on the usual suspects, I eat 1 cup of NF cottage cheese a day, 1 cup skim milk, 2scoops whey (pre/post workout shakes only on workout days)1 tablespoon Nat PB, sometimes a handful (1oz) peanuts, almonds, or walnuts. 4 slices WW bread (too much?, it's good quality), 2 servings oatmeal. 6oz Chicken breast or tuna, 1 serving sardines (in water/no salt) or mackerel. broccoli (1cup), beans (1/2 cup), 1 cup NF plain yogurt. 1/2 cup kashi (in the yogurt).
    Sorry to get long with this, but It has me worried, and the doctor says there's not much to be done other than alter diet, and "lay off the heavy lifting". I've been concentrating on exhaling while lifting, and I haven't had a problem until recently. Thanks again for any suggestions or help.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

seriously - try adding a mild fiber supp. i don't take drugs or dirnk caffeine either - adding fiber is only beneficial.
    Size is SEXY!

My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

i have this problem too.. and sometimes i get strong pains in my lower adbomen when takin a sh!t.. is there anything to worry about?... increasing fiber intake will return everything to normal?

im worried i might get colon cancer or something...

is it good to add fiber if he's already getting 40g a day?

i have read that a MINIMUM for most people should be around 30g/day. i didn't find what i was searching for but i did stumble across this calculator: http://www.healthcalculators.org/cal...p?Submit=Close

it recommends 30g for me based on a diet that is about 1000 cals under what i am currently eating. drink enough water and you shouldn't have to be too concerned with over-fibering yoruself.
    Size is SEXY!

Well, I cut out the Natty PB which I was mixing with my Oatmeal, and It seems to have helped with the hard stools. I also stopped mixing my MRP shake with skim milk. One or both of those seems to have helped. My fiber intake varies from 40-60g a day, so I haven't added any fiber to my diet yet, except I've been eating raw cauliflower (2 cups a day) for the last couple of days (it was on sale), so that may help some too. Thanks for the interest and the suggestions. I still may try to up my fiber, but I'll probably do it with whole foods.