The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad's You Hate

Gonadius Maximus

Ad's You Hate

Is there any particular ad you see on TV that drives you insane?

I hate the Arby's oven mitten. I would like to kill that mitten.
    also I hate the Sprint guy (the one who looks at other peoples pictures on there phone and makes some sarcastic remark) I'd like to beat up the sprint guy.
    I use to hate the Dell guy but thank goodness he hasn't been on for awhile.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"I m loving it", Mc Donalds..

There used to be this one for fast food I think with all these chickens walking over the horizon going 'buck buck buck buck buck buck...' etc. That one did my nut in.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

"can you hear me now?" I'd like to take a huge Q-tip and ram it in his brain a couple of times and ask him "can YOU hear me now, bitch?"
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Gonadius Maximus
    Originally posted by Frankster
    "can you hear me now?" I'd like to take a huge Q-tip and ram it in his brain a couple of times and ask him "can YOU hear me now, bitch?"

Hell yes that one too.

Those John Basedow commercials, there's something about those commercials that piss me off beyond belief...
    Chest: 39" | Arms: 13" | Calves: 13.5" | Thighs: 20.5

yeah...I'm bulking

Zoom Zoom....

If I hear that one more time I am going to hunt that boy down and make it so that his jaw needs some new form of experimental reconstructive surgery. And he will never be able to make the needed movements to pronounce the "Z" in Zoom Zoom!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Your watching whatever show and you just sitting through the dopey ads and one comes on that show a mother and her kid spending time together in a sentimental manner and you think, hmmmm that's kind of nice and then all of a sudden from out of nowhere WHAM! they hit you with a feminine hygiene product.
    Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze Gretchen......

Any long distance commercial. Especially the ones with that annoying waste of oxygen ****er Carrot Top.

Originally posted by Wizard
    "I m loving it", Mc Donalds..
    :withstupi
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

any subway ad w/jared in it
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    I personally will never buy a Dell computer simply because those idiotic "Dell interns" commercials are so annoying!

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Originally posted by Frankster
    True that.. If he has to ask so many times the service must Obviously suck... Right?

the krystle's new ghetto fabulous wing ad comes to mind.

the ad i love was Kohl's summer ice cream man ad. hee!
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Or there was this one time my mom made this hella lean meatloaf w/veggies. im eating and watching tv, only this day was different.. As im eating they give a commercial with a black older couple and the lady goes "Honey you got that look on your face.." The guy says "What look?" She replies "That look like your CONSTIPATED." Since then I don't watch tv and eat.
    Oh, and the Herpes commercials dont really help either. You know. the ones where they show a hotty (i mean a real keeper) and then she's like "Yeah BlaBla is great treatment 4 my Herpes". :/ Not exactly the coolest s*** to hear.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Originally posted by AllUp
    Or there was this one time my mom made this hella lean meatloaf w/veggies. im eating and watching tv, only this day was different.. As im eating they give a commercial with a black older couple and the lady goes "Honey you got that look on your face.." The guy says "What look?" She replies "That look like your CONSTIPATED." Since then I don't watch tv and eat.
    Oh, and the Herpes commercials dont really help either. You know. the ones where they show a hotty (i mean a real keeper) and then she's like "Yeah BlaBla is great treatment 4 my Herpes". :/ Not exactly the coolest s*** to hear.
    Oh yes, the constipation relief ad's will do it everytime...
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Anything featuring Jared Fogel or Clay Henry. Bunch of clownshoes down at Subway.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

1)
    Those fn subway ads where the guy walks into a burger joint and asks for a sandwhich, F***er its a burger joint not a subway, hitch a ride with that skinny fatty jared back to subway.

2)
    The one where that guy walks past a car and a bike and it looks like he's stealing them , then he sits down and turns on the tv and it says grey market satelites are stealing....give me a break.
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

I hate all of them. even the ones that are funny.

I have studied the way ads influence our minds, knowingly or unknowingly, in school and i am disgusted.

Its come to a point where Im not only annoyed by ads because they are interrupting what i was watching or listening to, or spoil the view, but also by the very fact the most important thing i am apparently to be told is to for some irrational implied reason buy this or that product.

Not too long ago a machine was invented that accurately measures eye movement. Advertisers jumped up and had groups of test people from their target audience watch images with this machine operating. Knowing the path of a certain kind of persons eye and mind over an image allows them to lead our attention directly to their product or their brand name, for extra effect.

Im sure the average teen these days can name more brands of clothing or crappy food than they can name statesmen, authors and scientists combined.

Advertising is just immoral in my views. Its such a joke there are actually "misleading advertising" laws. The very goal of advertising is to mislead. Analyse any given ad for some product and you will soon see what is really being sold is the association with

money
    sex
    popularity
    status
    individualism
    beauty
    fun
    happiness
    health

Or any other abstract thing people are interested in. Buying this product will have no effect whatsoever on the consumers succes in reaching any of those goals. Misleading advertising any?

Dont think because your not the average dumb doofus out there that you`re not influenced, because you dont have to realise you are being influenced to get influenced. The brain just works by making associations of what it observes.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    I hate those maxipads/tampons and yeast infection products commercials. They should be on the Women's channel.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

I use to hate the Dell guy but thank goodness he hasn't been on for awhile.
    That's because he got busted for pot.

There is one commercial in particular that annoys me. It's for some motor additive. They claim to have tested two additives under conditions beyond anything your car would ever experience, and theirs came out on top. If my car is never going to have to endure those conditions, why do I care if it can? Nice try, morons.
    My Journal

First Bulk Complete:
    September 16, 2003 (165 lbs, ~12% bf) -> March 7, 2004 (198 lbs. ~13% bf)

Current Status: Cutting

Gonadius Maximus
    Originally posted by Crystallio

ROFL That makes my day.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    If Msucletech had a TV ad, I'd hate it....
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Originally posted by Crystallio

There is one commercial in particular that annoys me. It's for some motor additive. They claim to have tested two additives under conditions beyond anything your car would ever experience, and theirs came out on top. If my car is never going to have to endure those conditions, why do I care if it can? Nice try, morons.
    Yes, but its good that even if you DID travel on terrain that was over 900Kelvin and you had sand and BB's in place of oil and antifreeze that their product would hold up.

BUY IT.. Cause ya never know. :P

ARE you GELLIN'? Dr Schol's I'd like to take your (gel) insoles and stuff them up your LAME a$$. And that goes double for some of the HOKEY locally produced early morning TV ads (you guys know the ones) they are the ones with "jingles" that suck and they are sung by the producer's nephew or something....these ads run every morning during the local news here @ 6:00 AM just try stuffing down those 10 egg whites to some talentless MFR sing "communitcate with US....communicate with PAGE MAX".......Oh christ tell me I'm not the only poor soul suffering through this crap!
    Last edited by Wikked1; 09-24-2003 at 02:33 PM.