Thread: side abs

SLOW RIDE

side abs

i did side abs today for the 2nd time in my life, and i feel it more in the back side area and not direct in the sides, could i be doing this wrong?

Harder, Better, Faster

Re: side abs

Originally posted by ITHURTZ
    i did side abs today for the 2nd time in my life, and i feel it more in the back side area and not direct in the sides, could i be doing this wrong?

What exact exercise did you do ? There are a few you can do, so it all depends on what you were doing and the exact motion.

Cheers;

PDawg

"The Brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

SLOW RIDE
    where u hold a weight in one hand, and bend to the side, and come back up

rum soaked derelict
    Were you going down completely straight? Or were you going forwards or backwards a little? Even if you were completely straight it sounds like your “side abs” failed and your back muscles started to do the work.

Try doing crunches on a balance ball. They hit your obliques (side abs) and your rectus abdominus at the same time. So you don't have to waste time trying to target the sides.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Don't your obliques wrap around the back a little?
    "The highest reward for man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." -John Ruskin 1819-1900

"He who fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he does not
    become a monster. And when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into
    you." - Nietzche

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

SLOW RIDE
    i am not comfortable with the ball thing, like i said i just started doing abs this last week. i gotta get "into" it.

im not sure if i was going striaght down to the side, since i cannot look at my side when i am doing it. i think maybe a little lean to the backside.

its my opinion that obliques should be trained with low weight high reps... feel free to flame me all you'd like
    I like standing twists to work this area...and with no weight it takes a while to get them going. High weight makes the twist awkward and I feel detracts from the movement as you get the contraction at the turning time...

I do 200 per side when I'm going low in bf and find that I get fantastic results that way. Also, doing the eliptical machine on the hardest setting possible (where your forced to use your arms) also does a good job with these bad boys