Thread: Do I have a Fat-Pack or Six-Pack?

Threaded View

Do I have a Fat-Pack or Six-Pack?

I see a lot of posts indicating that you need a low body fat typically of 10% percent to see your abs. Now I am confused because I believe that my body fat is between 19%-21% percent and I can see the two top pack and just barely the two middle ones. I am not sure if my abs are well developed and that is why they are visible or I am just a freak whose cellulite is conveniently shaped like a six pack.

I have seen some people who look heavy and have a six pack, so I am guessing it is possible to have a slightly visible one with a high body fat percentage. I remember one time I saw Harvey Kitel in Bad Lieutenant and he had a six pack even though he was pretty thick. I think during the time frame he did a couple of movie were he showed his pecker, The Piano being among them. Anyway, that is a whole other story.

So can some people have a visible six-pack even with a high percent body fat? I am not going to post a pic or anything because I am very self conscious although I know that would help determine if it is just fat. My wife told me without me asking her that she could see my six-pack, but my wife doesnít know what she is talking about. I don't do direct abs work, but keep my stomach tight during all my exercises. I do Squats, Deadlifts, Dips, Bench Press.

Also, I am getting my body fat percentage from a scale so that maybe off, but I donít think the error margin is that great. I wonít get it tested by the pros because once again I ma very self-conscious.
    Last edited by harryhoudini66; 09-26-2003 at 01:27 PM.