Thread: no progress, advice needed!

retirez
    Last edited by frankm007; 06-17-2007 at 02:22 PM.

I've never done Max-OT but I've looked the routine over before. It sounded like too much for me. By taking your reps to 8-12 you're doing substantially more work per workout than the original Max-OT. I suggest you're overtraining.

That routine doesn't have a single rest day in it. That's the first problem. If you had rest days during your weekly routine you wouldn't need to take a week off so often.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Strictly speaking from personal preference I would do..
    1. fullbody
    2. off
    3. fullbody
    4. off
    5. fullbody
    6. off
    7. off
    or...
    1. upper
    2. lower
    3. upper
    4. lower
    5. upper
    6. lower
    7. off

Your current routine actually seems kind of harsh cause you are working the upper body consecutively, I mean sure it is different muscles but lots of the stabilizers are the same etc. Also when you workout don't hold back, give it everything. Forget everything you read about overtraining and think of the guy who keyed your car when you were 16 or something. This is how I have made gains, I dunno if it's the best way but it works for me.

I like routines that hit everything twice a week, but you still get 2 or 3 days of rest in there, like mine
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock