Thread: New Start, New Style ... New ME!

New Start, New Style ... New ME!

Hello everyone.. let me introduce myself a little bit.. well im from canada.. stand @ 5'9 and currently weight 160 lbs @ approx. 15% bf.

Well about a year ago.. i was a very overweight guy.. 240 lbs @ my heaviest.. since then ive drope the weight down to 140 using crash diets and way too little calories, too much cardio ect.. then i was introduced to the sport of bodybuilding.. began reading lots of articles and got things straightened out.. over the last 5 months ive gained my weight back to 165 by bulking.. about a month ago i started to maintain/cut.. well i only dropped 5 lbs or so, mostly fat.. and i can START to see some abs form there. so i figure since im prety small, i shoud contine to bulk..

That brings us to the point of this journal.. i plan to keep a semi good detailed record of my stats/excersise/DIET! an all that sorta stuff during this bulk.. i would appreciate if you guys all helped me through it telling me where i can improve ect..

My Long Term Goal is to bulk to 185-190 and try to keep the bf% as low as possible, im gonna try to bulk as cleanly as possible. And then to lean down to sub 10% for summer time.. show off all my hardwork

Well, here is what im thinking of for my split..
    Monday - Chest/Tri
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wed. - Cardio ( Low intensity or hit??? )
    Thursday - Shoulders/Traps
    Friday - Back/Bi's

What do you guys think of it?

I'll keep a record of my 1RM for Bench/Deadlift/Squat.. i do not know what these are yet.. but i will test it out tommorow.

Well that is all i have to say for now.. Start the Spam Guys n Girls

Here is a pic of my start bulk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by defcon; 10-02-2003 at 07:38 PM.

Good luck! Eat more....lift heavy...that is all
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

You Just Wait until i post my daily diet

Really looking forward to seeing some workouts. I'm 5 feet 7 and 3/4 inches and 163.5 pounds so we are close in stats, very cool. Goodluck with your journal, lift hard!

good luck.....lets see the workouts!!!!!!!

The workouts will come In the mean time.. here is the supplements i plan to be taking.

Opt. Whey ( Choc. Flavour! )
    Dextrose
    Creatine
    Multi-Vit
    Fish Oil

Any others that you guys think would help? Being a college student i don't have great amounts of funds for this, so im only gonna be taking the most required supps.. anything im missing?

Friday - October 3rd

Diet
    M1 - 1.5 Cups Dry Oats, 4 Whole Eggs, 1 Cup Of Orange Juice
    M2 - 1 Cup Dry Oats, Can of tuna
    M3 - 2 Slices WW Bread, 350g COttage Cheese
    M4 - Same as M3
    M5 - Herring Filliets, 30g Walnuts
    M6 - 375g Cottage Cheese

Workouts
    Will start on Monday

Extra
    Well i live in a dorm room on campus.. my real home is an hour and a half away.. so im going to my real home the weekend, gotta wash some clothes and i got no detergent! lol I'll still keep this thing updated tho, and i got too much studying to do all weekend, bleh Might go catch a movie or sumthing tho, who knows.
    Last edited by defcon; 10-03-2003 at 04:44 AM.

Diet looks pretty good. That looks good for supplements.

Edit that Dedicated.. Diet Looked good.. until i went to the mall.. had a Small hot choc. i resister the need for a boston creme doughnut for a while.. but with all my friends eating food around me.. and since i alrdy broke the diet with the hot choc.. i gave in and bought a doughnut so tack in 500 more cals a an extra day i'll need to cut lkater on :P bleh.. NO MORE BAD EATING AFTER THIS.

Originally posted by defcon
    Edit that Dedicated.. Diet Looked good.. until i went to the mall.. had a Small hot choc. i resister the need for a boston creme doughnut for a while.. but with all my friends eating food around me.. and since i alrdy broke the diet with the hot choc.. i gave in and bought a doughnut so tack in 500 more cals a an extra day i'll need to cut lkater on :P bleh.. NO MORE BAD EATING AFTER THIS.
    I know you are going for a clean bulk, but don't be so hard on yourself. All the worrying will cause more cortisol release, which will probably affect your physique more than a few hundred calories anyday.

What I am saying is don't get so stressed out about the little things, and focus on the big picture. One doughnut will not turn you into the Pillsbury Doughboy.

:withstupi

I just got done eating a dozen donuts and I'm not going to feel bad about.

Remember, its all about the calories. As long as you aren't way over in calories, its unlikely that it'll all turn into fat. On a bulk I tend to indulge myself more because I know when I cut that won't be happening.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Originally posted by HomeYield
    I just got done eating a dozen donuts and I'm not going to feel bad about.
    Can you say indigestion.

BTW, congrats on the contenst

after a dozen doughnuts i would be a happy man.. only if i didn't eat 3000 cals of oatmeal behore hand.. then i'd be a sick sick boy