Thread: What would you do if you were in my situation? Need Advice!

What would you do if you were in my situation? Need Advice!

Ok I am 166 pounds and I eat 3000 calories a day. My lifts are doing very well at this intake and I have plenty of energy all the time but I am not losing bodyfat it seems. I need to lose 3-4 inches off the abdomen to be completely ripped. What would you do? Drop calories and if so by how much....or keep eating at 3k and worry about cutting later after I gain some more strength/size?

Depends on your goals. If you are unhappy with your current bf%, then I would recommend decreasing your cals by a small amount until you are losing a small amount of weight each week. What is your height and ~bf%?

I am 5'7 and 3/4 inches. I don't know my bf but according to a website that uses measurements I am 21%. I think I am around 16-18% though.

Consider whether or not gaining lbm first, boosting your metabolism, is a better choice

Banned
    yeah, it's going to be hard to 'gain and lose' at the same time

pick one or the other and go with it

basically, if you don't like the way you look with your bodyfat where it is, then you need to cut as bradley suggests, reducing calories and maybe adding in some cardio to help get your BF% down. Then once you're leaner you can slowly add calories and add lean mass while maintaining low BF

or you can simply eat the same, suck it up about the fat, and cut later

either way works.

Try Ultimate Diet 2.0. It is supposed to help you achieve both things at once.

I guess I'm gonna stick with 3000 for now. My lifts are progressing nicely and I'd hate to ruin that at this point. Also I don't really look fat so it's not that big of a deal I guess.

If you're gaining good muscle and fat at 3000 then you might be able to gain the same amount of muscle and a little less fat at 2900, 2800, etc. I would try dropping the calories just a little to see what happens. You might be just a little chubby now, but keep adding a little fat each week and in 6 mos where will you be?