Thread: Figured out the Canned Chicken

Figured out the Canned Chicken

I mixed with some BBQ sauce and tossed it in the microwave and it was awesome. just added a mashed potato and I had a meal.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

might have to try that myself!
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

Waay too much salt for me, just cant get it to stay down
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

what you mean you actually puke. It doesnt taste that salty. Maybe high in sodium or some thing.
    Age 23 Height 5'10 weight 210 2 years complete of serious lifting.
    At 5'10" last Jan/02 I was 280 Lbs with a 44 waist.
    Now as of Dec/02 I am 210 with a 34-36 waist. A year complete 70 pounds lost now lets get big .
    Goal Deadlift 500 by summer now..
    02/10/03 405X3 425X1
    02/17/03 435X1
    02/24/03 445X1
    03/03/03 455X1
    03/10/03 455X3 "rack pull" 500X1 "rack pull MISS"
    03/17/03 405X6, "Rack Pulls 505X3, 525X1.... 555X1 Miss"
    04/14/03 465X1 verry difficult
    05/12/03 475X1 Easy!!! 500X1 Miss"real close"
    05/19/03 435X5
    06/16/03 Rack pulls 555X2, 600Xmiss
    07/14/03 500X1 GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!
    10/06/03 500X4 555X1 Miss
    10/13/03 535X1
    11/10/03 Rack pull 500X7
    GOAL for 2004 get back to a low fat% and keep it 8 -10% would be great.
    06/29 rack pull 700X3
    07/6/04 600x1 at 216
    09/6/04 600X1 at 208 Rack pull 720X3
    NEW GOAL BENCH 400 BY FEB 2005 "not sure about this one"

Originally posted by bigkevin20
    what you mean you actually puke. It doesnt taste that salty. Maybe high in sodium or some thing.
    no, i just over-exaggerated it a bit

But after my first experience it was hard work i tell ya, never again. After a bit of it i felt seriously put off, seen as there was no other protein on hand, i had to grin and bare it
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I need extra sodium. When I bulk I like have a little extra sodium it help put on some weight even if it's water it mean more body weight more weight I can push.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Waay too much salt for me, just cant get it to stay down
    yah, i hate that extra saltiness too. i drain the chicken n' put it in a tupperware , then add fresh water back in. in the morning, i drain it again - sitting in the fresh water overnight will remove a lot of the sodium and it tastes just right.

is this canned chicken breast we're talking about?

I just bought a bunch of this stuff, tastes good right out of the can. A tad expensive though.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

canned chicken was salty and expensive...gonna stick to chicken of the sea, TUNA!
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

I'm not sure what type of chicken you guys are buying but the one I buy isn't salty at all. But it's a bit too wierd in texture to eat out of the can. I buy mine at Costco it's fairly cheap. Considering the cans are much bigger than the tuna cans and you get over 60gm of protein per can.

Motivate a fatty here.

I just grill some chicken the night before and take it to work.

Grasshoppa
    I buy costco canned chicken breast too...decent...kinda salty I guess. I grill it up and throw on some Emeril's seasoning that I buy from Costco as well, hehe. Tastes ok...not the best, but what can you expect for ready to eat chicken.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I don't like canned chicken because I always seem to have a terrible taste in my mouth when I burp it up throughout the day. I like tuna much better and it is a fraction of the cost.
    5-9 170