Thread: Question about caloeir intake vs FAT gain.

Question about caloeir intake vs FAT gain.

Hey guys.. i was wondering.. if person A = person B, and person A takes in 4000 calories a day in junk food ( bars, chips, fast food, ect ect ). And person B takes in 4000 calories a day in clean food ( oatmeal, tuna, chicken, ect ect ). Would both peple gain the same amount of weight? Would person A gain more fat then person B?

it depends on body size, weight, metabolism etc... but from what i have heard, and read here on WBB forums, it dosent really matter. because you have to thinkof it this way. the person who is eating clean is gonna have more food to eat over an extended amount of time. the person whose is eating junk is gonna have less food to eat. so, they might be more hungary or whatever. but all i have read here is that a calorie is a calorie and that is all that matters. your body can basicly convert a calorie to what ever it needs. so thats my 2 cents...

bradley can chime in anytime!!!

Re: Question about caloeir intake vs FAT gain.

Originally posted by defcon
    Hey guys.. i was wondering.. if person A = person B, and person A takes in 4000 calories a day in junk food ( bars, chips, fast food, ect ect ). And person B takes in 4000 calories a day in clean food ( oatmeal, tuna, chicken, ect ect ). Would both peple gain the same amount of weight? Would person A gain more fat then person B?
    Would the macronutrients be the same? Would person B be taking in healthy fats such as fish oil, olive oil, etc., where as person A would only be taking in the fats found in the candy, fast food, etc.?

Things like this could change how the food was partitioned, etc. A calorie is a calorie, but things like fish oil, olive oil, amount of protein, etc. can change the calories out portion of the equation. You might find these somewhat interesting.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

I would say that the person eating the clean diet would gain less fat, but how much would be the question.

person B would be too sick from all that junk food to take in his healthy fats :P I kinda guessed that person B would gain a little bit more fat.. was just wondering if it would be a great difference.. but it seems to be not that big of a difference.. one thing to look @ tho.. Person A would be feeling a lot better during the day for i have been both person A and B recently thanx for the links bradely.