The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar

energy mints - do they work?

"What sets Warp Energy Mints apart is that each mint has a unique formulation of ginseng and guarana, for a natural energy rush - and now includes green tea extract. Green tea has been known to have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, thus offering a new quality to the mints. Five Warp Green-T Energy Mints are equivalent to one cup of brewed green tea. "

Ingredients:
    Sugar, Dextrose, Calcium Stearate, Natural Flavors, Guarana, Siberian Ginseng, Panax Ginseng

is 1 cup of green tea enough for a kick? dextrose is there

go to http://www.warpmints.com , your browser gets hijacked tho!

http://warpenergy.com. can't understand a darn thing (spanish??) but cool site
    Last edited by chops; 10-09-2003 at 04:43 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

well your obviously gonna get a lot of energy from them.. but it will only be short term.. look @ the ingredients.. why dun you just go eat sum choc. if you want energy.. thas pretty much what your doing with those things IMO :P

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    As a certified mint expert, no, I did not notice any increase in energy after taking them. I am, in general, fairly resistant to stimulants though.

For energy, I always loved Penguin mints. 3 mints = 1 soda (or cup of coffee, I forget). Some late nights I would throw down an entire container over the course of 6 hours (75 mints total). Havent done that in a while. My favorite coffee shop stopped carrying them about a year ago.

I doubt they are going to do much given the ingredients. Green tea is a good source of anti-oxidants and I guess one cup is better than nothing, but if you can purchase green tea extract if you wanted which would work better for as far as anti-oxidants are concerned.

You might get a little boost from the guarana (caffeine), but this would depend on the amount contained in each mint.

Here is a review on Panax Ginseng that might be of interesthttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract