Thread: Tanning And Acne

Tanning And Acne

I'm starting to get a little more acne on my lats and top of my stomach. I'm wondering if this could be due to tanning. I started a few weeks ago. I've heard tanning can clog pores or something. Do you think this is what's going on?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    Actually I believe the opposite is true, the heat opens up the pores and will help clean them out. But thats only what ive heard, not what I know. Ive never experienced increased acne when I go tanning though.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    i used to have acne on my back...then i got a sunburn. i havent seen a return of major acne since.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

tanning helps my acne... drys up my face a little and reduces blimishes. That could just be due to darkening of the skin to match the acne, tho.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

Yeah, I got to spend a semester in Hawaii and my "bacne" completely cleared up. I don't think the constant sun was that good on the tattoos though.
    That said, look at Chase. He is bigger than Arnold was at the same age. Now, he doesn't quite have the Arnold shape, but for pure muscle mass he has more.
    -Chris Mason talking about BCC, but its all mine now.

If you're tanning in a tanning bed it could be because you're laying right up in a whole bunch of other people's sweat and germs and oil in those nasty things.

Yuck.
    Last edited by carolinagirl; 10-14-2003 at 09:04 AM.
    You can't babysit this.

Stand up beds are nice.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

yeah it's supposedly clogs pores...
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Originally posted by Big o Boy
    tanning helps my acne... drys up my face a little and reduces blimishes. That could just be due to darkening of the skin to match the acne, tho.
    Yeah, it's nice to match the redness

I would try the stand up beds but I have a tanning salon by my house that offers 20 minute Tue & Thur for $2.00! I can't pass that up. And the beds are really good. I might throw a stand up session in every once in a while.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

or how about cleaning the beds yourself before you get in?
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

20 minutes in a standup and I'd be a rock lobstah. I did 7 minutes one day and 8 the next and I was toasty.

My place had 22 sessions for $50, unlimited time. Not too shabby.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    The 24 hour fitness that I go to is offering unlimited tanning for a month for $20. Im not sure if its all 24 hrs, or just mine. You guys might wanna look into it if you go often.

I don't find tanning has any effect on my acne. I still get few pimples on my face whether I tan or not.

Originally posted by galileo
    20 minutes in a standup and I'd be a rock lobstah. I did 7 minutes one day and 8 the next and I was toasty.

My place had 22 sessions for $50, unlimited time. Not too shabby.
    It will cost more than 50 bucks to cure you of cancer.

Just some friendly advice, thats all!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    That is an uneducated unfounded statement trent.
    UV light exposure doubles the reate at which your skin exfoliates ridding you of blemishes more quickly. It dries up your sebaceous glands which is what causes most acne. it also causes Vitamin d synthesis which aids in healthy skin regeneration. viruses can only survive for thirty seconds exposed to air , that coupled with the sanitizers salons are REQUIRED to use (In most states)basically nullifies any possibilty of contracting any nasties from a bed.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Im scared of tanning beds.

I live in England.

I'm as pale as a ghost.

Middle finger is my flag! budheavy's Avatar
    Tanning will appear to help acne as it dries the skin. This works for a while but eventually the dead skin will build up and clog pores which will eventually lead to more acne. something like that.

Btw, Tim wheres Davenport? By Okaboji? been there many times.... lots of ladies, haha

Ryan
    INTENSITY

www.stickdeath.com/shorts15.html