The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Mr Olympia 2003

Hybrid View

Mr Olympia 2003

Anybody here attending Mr Olympia 2003? I have tickets to the Finals ($125 ouch!) on Saturday, Oct 25. Absentees this year include: Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Craig Titus, King Kamali and Markus Rahl.
    I have a feeling Jay Cutler might take out Ronnie Coleman this year.

Schedule of Events

Wednesday, October 22

Muscle Movie Night
    Muscle Movie night will be located in the Jazzman Ballroom, starting at 8pm. It will be free to the public.
    Thursday, October 23

Olympia Press Conference
    A chance to meet all of the competitors of all four events, and a chance to ask your favorite bodybuilder or fitness competitor questions. This event is usually packed, so come early! 11:am at the Events Center, Free to the Public
    Fitness / Figure / Ms. Olympia Prejudging
    The contests begins at 1:00pm at the Events Center, where you can see the best of the best competing in the prejudging rounds. $50 all seats reserved

Meet the Olympians
    Come say hello to the Olympians at the Islander Ballroom from 7 - 10pm. VIP Ticketholders only from 7 - 8 pm. After 8pm, the event is free to the public.

Friday, October 24

Muscle Beach
    Come and see your favorite bodybuilders working out in a 'replica' of the world famous muscle beach. This event is free to the public, and is located at the Mandalay Beach area, from 9am to 5pm.
    Olympia Expo
    Hundreds of exhibiters show off the latest sports nutrition products, where you can get tons of samples, great prices, and see fitness and bodybuilder competitors where they will sign autographs. This event is located at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, and is free to the public. The expo is open from 9am to 5pm.

Bikini Battle Royale
    10am, located at the Olympia Expo stage. Fitness and figure models representing exhibiting companies compete for the the title and a $1,000 prize.

Women's Battle of the Biceps
    3pm, located at the Olympia Expo stage. This event is open to all female fans. To sign up, come to the Muscle & Fitness booth in the Olympia Expo on the day of the contest. Sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis, so get there early. Registration closes an hour before the contest begins.

Figure, Fitness & Ms. Olympia Finals
    The contests begins at 7:00pm at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, where the best of the best in fitness and women's bodybuilding battle it out. Tickets are $ 75 / $100 / $125 / $150.

VIP Cocktail Party
    The VIP Cocktail Party, featuring the figure, fitness and women bodybuilder competitors, will be at 10pm at the Mandalay Bay Beach area. This event is for VIP ticketholders only!

Saturday, October 25

Muscle Beach

Come and see your favorite bodybuilders working out in a 'replica' of the world famous muscle beach. This event is free to the public, and is located at the Mandalay Beach area, from 9 am to 5pm.

Olympia Expo
    Hundreds of exhibiters show off the latest sports nutrition products, where you can get tons of samples, great prices, and see fitness and bodybuilder competitors where they will sign autographs. This event is located at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, and is free to the public. The expo is open from 9am to 5pm.

Men's Battle of the Biceps
    10am, located at the Olympia Expo stage. To sign up, come to the Muscle & Fitness booth in the Olympia Expo on the day of the contest. Sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis, so get there early. Registration closes an hour before the contest begins.

Mr. Olympia Prejudging
    The event begins at noon at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. This is where you compare the best of the best in men's bodybuilding. Tickets are $50.

Ms. Bikini Olympia
    3pm, located at the Olympia Expo stage. Open to all female fans. For entry info, call IFBB Pro Division at (845) 638-9290. The winner will receive airfare, 3 nights hotel, and 2 VIP tickets to the 2004 Olympia.

Mr. Olympia Finals
    The Finals begin at 7:00pm at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. This bodybuilding contest is the king of all contests, where the best will be crowned. This event last year was sold out over a month before so get your tickets early! Tickets are $ 75 / $100 / $125 / $150 / $200.

VIP Banquet
    After the Mr. Olympia finals, at 10pm, at the Islander Ballroom, come and be treated to a great dinner, dancing, and just plain having a good time with everyone. This event is for VIP Ticketholders only.

After Hours Party
    The midnight hour, ath the Mandalay Bay, at the House of Blues! Tickets are $25 Sunday, October 26

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: Mr Olympia 2003

Originally posted by Airflight89

I have a feeling Jay Cutler might take out Ronnie Coleman this year.

*** Rumor has it that Ronnie Coleman's condition will be unbeatable ths year.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Yeah, I hear Ronnie is bringing it with insanity.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Tis what I've heard as well. Jay's always been a favourite of mine. I might have to wait longer for him to take the crown.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    After the last couple of years with Jay coming in smokin', Ronnie has stepped it up this year.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

May the best man win! -

Re: Mr Olympia 2003

Anybody here attending Mr Olympia 2003? I have tickets to the Finals ($125 ouch!) on Saturday, Oct 25. Absentees this year include: Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Craig Titus, King Kamali and Markus Rahl.
    How can that many pros be missing? They're like, 80% of the show.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

BTW, is the olympia broadcasted on any channel? Isn't it on Fox Sports Net or something?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

It's supposed to be on Pay per view like last year I believe.

Also, Ronnie always looks phenomenal 5-6 weeks out at around 290 pounds, then he always manages to bring a low 260s physique to the show which doesn't do the former justice. Supposedly this year he's gonna bring that bad ass 280-290 physique.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

He'd better. Gunter said he was plannig on being 310 for the olympia and I'm sure Cutler is going to be huge. Didn't get a chance to ask him that day but Gunter definitely said he was going to be 310 when we asked him.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Re: Re: Mr Olympia 2003

Originally posted by NDBeast

How can that many pros be missing? They're like, 80% of the show.
    Yeah what a bummer so many will be missing.
    Kevin Levrone and Markus Rahl are both out with tricep tears. I believe Shawn Ray is expecting a baby or in the process of making babies so he won't be attending. Kamali and Titus are training for 2004 and Flex Wheeler is retiring.
    Who do you think the top 5 will be?
    My picks:
    1. Jay Cutler
    2. Ronnie Coleman
    3. Gunter Schlierkamp
    4. Chris Cormier
    5. Dennis James

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
    Yeah, I hear Ronnie is bringing it with insanity.
    Rons got something to prove this year after all the controversy last year.. I can imagine he'll be in the shape of his life. Of course, if he is, he'll be unbeatable.
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Ronnie will be the best, but Cutler/Gunter will win, because of their publicity this year.
    Asshole.

Re: Re: Re: Mr Olympia 2003

I believe Shawn Ray is expecting a baby or in the process of making babies so he won't be attending.
    Interesting... I guess all of the rumors about Shawn Ray being gay and posing for gay men were not true.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

All the pro's are really pissed off that Gunter has so much hype going into the show.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mr Olympia 2003

Originally posted by NDBeast

Interesting... I guess all of the rumors about Shawn Ray being gay and posing for gay men were not true.
    Who said he didn't pose for gay men to afford his drug habbits?

Wannabebig New Member
    It's rascist ... the MAN keeping Ronnie down .

FIGHT THE MAN !!!
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .