The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    All Kinds of Wiered

Zoomer's Journal

well I thought I would start one I been on the forums for a while but had a spate of not visiting but am back.

Some History
    I started training properly just over a year ago up till then I was a member of a few gyms from the age of 16 but never really got into any rythem, mind due its probably berre that I didnt at that age.

In the last year I have gone up in weight by about 1 or 2 stone but my diet wasnt that good, in the last 2 or 3 months i have been on a diet that is design to let me loose more excess weight but not loose any muscle so i am very slowly comming down but thats they way i want it.

With the diet i'm taking 'Lean System 7' which seems to be doing its job i have more enegy then i expected during my diet period and my excess weight seems to be going with la ratehr slow actualy weight loss.

Current Stats
    Weight : 98Kg
    Height : 5'11"
    Gym visits: Mon/Wed/Fri

... anyway i'm sure I will post more info soon and answer any qustions you may have as to my diet and training program.

Last edited by Zoomer; 07-15-2004 at 03:27 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good luck with the cut/diet. I await to see your diet/training plan

All Kinds of Wiered
    Gym Routine

pretext: currently I feel that my legs and lower body are over preportioned to my upper, so this show in the workout routine.

Monday : chest/shoulders/abs
    Wednesday : calves/thighs/arms
    Friday : Chest/abs/back/glutes

The areas on my legs and lowr body i would pick a lower weight and do 15/20 reps for 3 sets.
    My upper body I would do

75% weight for 12 reps
    85% weight for 10 reps
    100% weight for 8 reps

*pecentage being that of my PB for 8 reps

for abs and back I use standard ristance machines on Friday for 15 reps for 3 sets.
    for abs on on monday i do hanging leg raises to fail and then horizontal leg raises and crunches.

For every session at the gym I start with streching (who doesnt) then rowing for a distance between 2km and 5km depending how I feel.

... sorry for any spelling and/or grammer errors (plus my 'e' key seems to be failing).

That's a funky training split. You're basically working triceps 3x/week, and back only once......
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

All Kinds of Wiered
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Patrick
    That's a funky training split. You're basically working triceps 3x/week, and back only once......

ya your probably right i may need some changes any help would be great.

All Kinds of Wiered
    well not much to say still I've dropped another 6Kg in weight, my training programs has changed to an un authadox method of I'll do what I feel like doing as long as it wasnt the same muscles as last time and I dont miss anything important out.

this does mean that I have tried a few differant methods of training the same area which has proven to give some better results, i've upped the use of freeweights over resistance machines, although the gym i'm currently a member at doesnt have the widest collection of freeweights by any strech of the imagination.

I stopped taking lean system 7 after the second lot (ie. I only used 2 x 90cap tubs)

I am now trying to work on getting a set work allthough this is harder then i though due to times i can get the the gym and then what kit isnt being used all the time i'm there.

Last of all I am planing to use creatine and protean suplements again in the new year to start bulking up for a while.