The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

It's time to get some size - Exnor's diary

Hey.

I'm 20 yrs old. I've been lifting for just under a year, but only with a decent routine for about the last 4 months, and its time to get serious. I'm hoping that this journal/diary will help me analyse my progress better and hopefully give me some feedback from everyone on how im doing.

I'm 5'11, and currently around 71~kg (157~lb) @ ~12%, and I'm aiming to gain 10lb in the following 3 months. I've gained about 10lb since I started lifting, and stayed lean, although im still lifting pu**y weight.

Lately i've started eating a lot more, trying to up my cals to something respectable, and I seem to gaining faster. I work 9-5 and go to the gym after work 3 times a week. It takes me about 1.5 hours to get there from work, and 45mins back, so its a bitch, but keeps me disciplined.

Here's my split:

Monday - Chest/Tris
    Dips 10 x 3
    Flat chest press 12-8 x 3
    Flat Bench Press 12-8 x 3
    Incline DB Press 12-8 x 4
    Pec Deck 12 x 3

Tricep Pushdown 12-8 x 4

Wednesday - Back/Bis
    Wide Grip Pullups 8 x 3
    Lat Pulley Wide 12-8 x 3
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 12-8 x 3
    Narrow Seated Back 8 x 4

Barbell Curl 8 x 3
    Hammer Curls 12 x 3 [dropsets]

Friday - Shoulders/Legs
    Military Press 12-8 x 3
    Machine Shoulder Press 8 x 2
    Dumbbell Lying Rear Lateral Raise 10 x 3
    Dumbell Lateral Raise 10 x 4
    Shrugs 12 x 3

BB Squat warmup 20 x 1
    45 deg leg press 12 x 4
    Conventional deadlift 8 x 3 [just started doing these!]
    Lunges 12 x 3
    Seated calve raise 12 x 3
    leg extension 12 x 3
    leg curl 12 x 2 [might take this out as hammies get wasted after dl]

Weekends - Abs/Forearms
    Weighted Crunches 15 x 4
    [sometimes] Wrist Curls/Extensions 15 x 3

Diet
    I dont really have a set diet, but what I eat is always pretty clean: ready meals at work [beef/lamb with potato etc.], chicken sandwhiches, eggs, oatmeal, rivita, rolls, turkey, salmon, sardines, tuna etc. I dont actually count my cals, I just try to eat as much clean food as I can.

I'm on antibiotics for my acne right now, which have to be taken on an empty stomach, which sucks as it takes 2-3 hours for food to leave the stomach and I have to wait another half-hour/hour before eating after taking it. So in the morning I can eat only 2 meals. annnyyyway, I will have finished the antibiotics in like 2 months, they seem to be working pretty good.

I drink a weight gainer after my workout and over the weekend, or when I cant be assed to make a meal. I also take multivits in the morning and L-Glutamine before bed.

Tonight is shoulders/legs!

Now, back to work before I get caught

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good luck with it man!

I might just make the suggestion that you move deadlifts before the leg press. I think you'll see much better results that way.

Do you use www.fitday.com to track your calories? That might help ya even more to get a better understanding of your calories and what you need to increase if you are trying to gain weight. I found that was extremely helpful for me.

Good luck with it all man!
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Best wishes toward your goals

...I think you will find soon enough that them legs need a training day on its own! -

Always good to see another journal, more stuff to read hehe. Goodluck, just stay consistent and lift HARD!:evillaugh

HY: Thanks for the tips! Just started deadlifting so its not a problem to juggle things about. That site looks awsome, just started entering stuff now.

CoCoa: Thanks. Yeah that might be the case, workouts end up taking a lot more time on fridays... we'll see.

Dedicated: Cheers dude.

I love Fridays.

Hmm now my first workout post. Slight problem for me as my gym works in kg, not lbs, so i'll either have to convert all the values or you can guesstimate It's late so i'll do it in KG for now

Sleep: 7.5 hours

Workout:

Pretty good, left work early and caught the bus. Felt a bit tired but that soon wore off!

Friday - Shoulders/Legs
    Military Press 9 x 3 @ 30kg
    Machine Shoulder Press 8 x 3 @ 30kg
    Dumbbell Lying Rear Lateral Raise 10 x 3 @ 10kg
    Dumbell Lateral Raise 10 x 4 @ 15kg
    Shrugs 12 x 3 @ 9 bars (60kg?)

BB Squat warmup 20 x 1 @ 20kg
    Conventional deadlift - Missed - Still felt my ass/hams from some lunges I did on tue.
    45 deg leg press 12 x 4 @ 150kg, can feel left knee crunching on extension
    Lunges 12 x 3 - Missed
    Seated calve raise 12 x 3 - Forgot these ****ers!
    leg extension 12 x 3 @ 9 bars (40kg?)

Diet:

Pretty ok, I still think im short of cals though. Gonna start using fitday to get a better idea...

Blah:

Need to buy a new computer chair this weekend, my posture went to **** with my old chair so I threw it away and have not used a computer (at home) for like a month. Until now. Back hurting. Must go.

Good luck, Exnor!

Monday 13/10/03

Scott S: Thx man.

Sleep: 7 hours

Workout:

Went swimming at lunch time for the first time in about 3 years to get some cardio going, did about 45 mins of speedy breast stroke (couldnt do front crawl - no goggles!). I was totally wasted after this, took about 2 hours to recover, almost fell asleep on my desk at work My back was really pumped after, no DOMS today though...

Hoping swimming once a week will get me more fit and help my posture, time will tell

Tried to eat lots of carbs before and after the cadio to gimme some energy - before I knew it, it was time to leave work for the gym.

Weighed in: 69.8kg (*!%!$**$@!)

Monday - Chest/Tris
    Dips 15 x 3 @ BW
    Flat chest press 12-8 x 4 @ 40kg [took it light, trying to stretch pecs out after my posture episode!]
    Incline chest press 12-8 x 4 @ 40kg [again, quite easy but stretching]
    Incline DB Press 12-8 x 4 @ 25kg
    Pec Deck 12 x 3 @ 5 bars [25kg?] [nice stretch here again!]

Tricep Extension 12 x 2 @ 25kg
    Tricep Pushdown 12-8 x 4 @ 35kg

Overall a nice workout, felt pretty wasted afterwards. Nice protein shake fixed that

Diet:

Gotta find a way to fit in more cals! Seriously gonna have to sort out a set diet, that fitday thing will be good eventually. Gotta have the time to add all the custom food though... Will try to do tommorow.

Blah:

Quads STILL wasted after friday, im sure the swimming really helped them Having trouble walking today!

Didnt get to bed tonight until late - stupid channel 5 putting on some playboy competition tuttut
    Last edited by Exnor; 10-15-2003 at 06:22 AM.

Bulking is good, eat man eat!!!

Tracking your calories will definitely help you make sure you eat enough if that seems to a problem. Good luck on gain that size.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

16/10/03

Rookie: Hey, welcome to my journal I think im packing in around 3000-3500 calories at the mo, but yeah fitday should really help (after I have a set diet!). Lots of the english food I eat doesn't seem to be there or has another name. Ill try to sort out a diet tonight while I have some time.

Sleep: 8 hours

Workout:

Wednesday - Back/Bis
    Pullups 6 x 3 @ BW - pretty much only managed 3-4 reps on my last set
    Lat Pulley Wide 10 x 4 @ 9 bars [One more bar up on this excersize ]
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 10 x 4 @ 20kg [More weight than I usually do, and it was quite easy... left side feels slightly weaker though, will fix that baby in no time.]
    Narrow Seated Back 10 x 3 @ 9 bars [One more bar up again, weee, I think I could have even put another on, but did'nt want to sacrifice form.]

Did some chest stretching here for my posture correction efforts.

Barbell Curl 6 x 2 @ 23kg, 8 x 1 @ 18kg [5kg more than usual! Bi's already quite wasted from back but pumped out some reps with good form]
    Hammer Curls 12 x 3 @ 16kg, 12 x 2 @ 10kg

Waaasted.

Arms were pumped and bigger than they've ever been, feels niiice. Finally getting some size in those twigs.

Diet:

Really quite good today - ate 6 meals, I estimate about 3500-4000 cals. Ate 2 mini muffins and half a chocolate buscuit in the morning at work though... cmon they were going for free... HEY man stop looking at me like that - you would have done the same... GAH.

Blah:

Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture Posture.

Must keep thinking about it.
    Last edited by Exnor; 01-06-2004 at 06:04 AM.

Friday 17/10/03

Workout:

Friday - Shoulders/Legs
    Military Press 12 x 3 @ 30kg
    Machine Shoulder Press 10 x 3 @ 35kg [up 5kg]
    Dumbbell Lying Rear Lateral Raise 12 x 3 @ 10kg
    Dumbell Lateral Raise 10 x 4 @ 15kg [up 5kg]
    Shrugs - Forgot to do these dammit, will do them tommorow

BB Squat warmup 20 x 1 @ 20kg - felt some mild pain with this even after stretching...
    Deadlift warmup 30kg x 20 - felt more pain. I think my body is telling me something... hmm nah.
    Leg Press 150kg x 15 - ok knee is clicking and some pain... screw it!

Shoulder workout was one of the best ive ever had, they were pumped to the max. Shame about my legs letting me down though. Will let them rest a week, they had a hard time last week so its needed I guess.

Upper body posture is almost perfect now, just need to work on my lower back now... might invest in a lower back support. Went to some chemist on the way, they had some but were really pussy ones, I want a tight one that encapsulates my ribs. Might have to purchase one of the net, and try avoid getting screwed over by getting a dildo or something instead of what I paid for. Ebay... pfft.

Diet:

Quite good today, had a massive appetite though for some reason. Any food that was going free in the office I ate, even scoffed down some semi-stale wholemeal rolls. Yay. Then the steak and mash potato at lunchtime... Hmmmmmmm I could have eaten twice of them. Too damn expensive though.

Blah:

Got a party tommorow, gonna try to pull some ladies... although its my mates birthday.... hmm. Then gotta getup early and meet my sis at the train station on Sunday so she can buy me some clothes. Could be a long day.

Still hungry... argh why cant this computer be EDIBLE... hell ill try to eat it anyway...

MUNCH

CRUNCH

GULP.

Monday 20/10/03

Workout:

Forgot to weigh in. Nevermind, ill do it wed.

Monday - Chest/Tris

Again, going light on my chest and getting form spot on to try to stimulate growth now that my pecs are all stretched out from the corrected posture.

Dips 15 x 2 @ BW
    Flat chest press 10 x 2 @ 40kg
    Flat Bench Press 10 x 2 @ 40kg
    Incline Bench Press 10-12 x 3 @ 30kg
    Incline DB Press 8 x 2 @ 25kg
    Pec Deck 12 x 3 @ 6 bars [definate strength gain here - and a nice stretch]

Tricep Pushdown 12-8 x 4 @ 40kg - went up a bar again!

Totally pumped tris, definitely gaining size on em as the weeks pass.

Diet:

Starting sorting out my diet once and for all, went to supermarket after the gym and bought some serious BB food

Went home and had fied chicken with olive oil, green beans, and 2 slices of WW Bread.

Shopping list:

1 x Flaxseed Oil
    4 x Organic Chicken Breasts
    5 x tins of Sardines in brine
    1 x Jar Natural Penut Putter
    - Soybeans, couldnt find these so went for organic baked beans instead.
    4 pints Milk
    5 x Natural Greek Yogurt
    6 x Banannas
    Packet of Strawberries
    5 x Apples
    2 Bags of Salad
    8 x Actimel
    WW Bread
    3 Packets of Oatcakes
    1 Packet of 'Special K' [very high in carbs/protein, low in fat]

Blah:

Kinda happy my diet is being sorted now. Need to really strengthen my abs now as I have a muscle inbalance in my trunk, my abs are much weaker than my lower back. Anyway i've started doing stretching excersizes on my lower back and doing a 3 times a week ab routine, with leg raises and crunches. Gonna buy a special posture vest on Wednesday to support my lower body posture when my abs are a little stronger.

I also think I had a shortening of the pecs, since now my shoulders are back, the upper part of my chest looks almost missing, I think its got to do with my front delt/chest tie-in. Basically I think I just need to just bulk it up now that its all stretched out to its proper position.

Exnor, just checking out your journal for the first time. Split looks good. I look forward to tracking your progress. Good luck with your goals.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Thanks man.

Hey, I saw the flax oil on the list. If you don't already have some fish oil caps I'd buy those pronto. Flax oil doesn't convert to EPA/DHA very efficiently, while fish oil has good amounts.

So you mean as an alternative to Flaxseed oil or as an addition?

Quagmire wannabe

nice to see you finally got a journal going
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Wednesday 22/10/03

fen2zla: Ta

Wiegh in: 70kg (wtf? Ah nevermind. I've probably burnt some fat off as well as gained mass. Net gain of 0.2kg...)

Workout:

Wednesday - Back/Bis
    Pullups 6 x 3 @ BW [these felt easier slightly]
    Lat Pulley Wide 12 x 4 @ 9 bars [again, felt slightly easier]
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 8 x 2 @ 20kg [I could manage more reps on my right than left, so I started with my left and just stopped at that for my right.]
    Narrow Seated Back 10 x 3 @ 9 bars [im gonna go for 10 next week. This felt quite nice, really concentrated on form though, and lowered it to 8 for the last set to keep form perfect.]

Barbell Curl 6 x 2 @ 23kg, 8 x 2 @ 18kg [Biceps getting stronger each week!]
    Concentration Curls 7.5kg x 1
    Hammer Curls 15 x 3 @ 16kg, 15 x 2 @ 10kg

Diet:

Mostly good. Ate loads today, with the new diet. Had some nice lean chicken and pasta. My flatm8s were making smoothies with chocolate and stuff, I had a taste but didn't drink a whole one.

Blah:

Saw Kill Bill Tue night, quite a cool movie. I especially liked the spraying of blood. Some real funny bits in it too, well worth the watch.

Everything is really growing now, at quite a mad rate (compared to what I'm used to!) The diet has made such a difference. I'm gonna add those 10lb pronto!

Friday 26/10/03

Going to France with my parents real early on Saturday so I had to leave my house to sleep at my parents house quite early, so only time for a quick home-workout. My knee is still odd anyway so it wasn't that bad. I did shoulders.

Workout:

Got my mini-barbell and did a basic shoulder workout, worked quite nicely

My left anterior delt is quite a bit smaller than my right, so I did the most weight I could with that shoulder and stopped when it failed. Threw in some front raises to really target them.

Friday - Shoulders/Legs
    Military Press 12 x 3 @ 30kg
    Barbell Front Raise 9 x 3 @ 17kg
    Dumbell Lateral Raise 10 x 4 @ 15kg [these HURT ]

Quick and effective workout. Drank a huge shake after [acciently put too much milk in] and felt nice and bloated for a while.

Diet:

Not too bad. My week off next week will be the real test, my mum is French and likes to feed me huge amounts of food, which im ok with, but I'd ideally like to reduce the saturated fat intake and refined foods.

Blah:

Had to measure my wrists to get a watch fitted, so I thought i'd measure some other things too . My wrists are 6.5 inches, kinda expected around that, just under avarage I think? Small wrists, anyway. My relaxed thigh is 22inches, and I think my arms are near 15inches, ill check again tonight and do a few more measurements..

Gonna eat a huge steak in France. Weeee.

Workout:

Weighed in at 70.8kg [up 1kg]

Monday - Chest/Tris

Priority is stumulating growth in my ****ed up pecs! This means light weight and slow controlled lifts with excellent form, which I think I just about managed. Gonna get that chest/delt tie-in back...

Dips 15 x 2 @ BW
    Flat Bench Press 10 x 3 @ 40kg
    Flat chest press 10 x 2 @ 40kg
    Incline Bench Press 10 x 3 @ 30kg
    Incline DB Press 8 x 2 @ 25kg
    Tricep Pushdown 12-8 x 4 @ 40kg - triceps wasted after this!

Overall a nice workout, weight will be going up next week!
    Had a nice strawberry shake after. Yum.

Diet:

Good. Just about getting in those cals. Bought loooads of tuna in France to last me a coupla weeks

Went shopping after my w/o today. The new store is kinda cool, you serve yourself at the counter . Anywayz, gonna cook a load of chicken and rice on one day then have it for lunch in the following days at work. Seems like a cheap and good way to get those calories.

Sorted out my diet fully now, getting just over 3000 calories a day. So far its working!

Blah:

I spent the last week at my parents and 1 day in France. It was quite ok, a nice relaxing time away from work anyway. Cained my abs twice in that week, and it has really helped my posture. Can see my abs now coming through my skin relaxed - I guess my BF must be kinda low... My abs certainly were weak and small anyway.

As said in my other thread, im gonna see a physio about my knee next Monday. Hopefully it aint too bad and I can get back in the leg room pronto...

Matrix Revolutions out on Wednesday!!!!!! Will book tickets tonight to see it on Sat with a load of mates. Looking forward to it!

Wednesday 5/11/03

Workout:

Wednesday - Back/Bis
    Pullups 3 x 4 @ BW - Trying the SAS style 3 reps 4-5 sets! Got quite pumped.
    Lat Pulley Wide 8 x 4 @ 9 bars
    Seated Row 8 x 3 @ 7 bars
    Narrow Seated Back 10 x 3 @ 9 bars [Concentrating hard here on form... Seems I always natrually put my left elbow lower than my right... gonna sort that out ]

Barbell Curl 7 x 2 @ 23kg, 8 x 2 @ 18kg
    Hammer Curls 10 x 2 @ 15kg, 12 x 1 @ 10kg

Diet:

Excellent. Eating clean and I think im getting all my calories in.

Blah:

Firework night tonight. Was kinda cool seeing them all going off on the way home, but didnt actually go to a display.

Definitely gaining mass now, the eating seems to be working great Really tired today though, I need more sleep.... ZZZZzzzzZZZZ night.

Friday 07/11/03

Workout:

Skipped legs again today because of my strange crunching knee. Seeing a physio on monday to get it checked.

Friday - Shoulders/Legs
    Military Press 12 x 3 @ 25kg, 30kg
    Shoulder Press 9 x 3 @ 30kg
    Dumbell Front Raise 9 x 3 @ 15kg, 10kg
    Lying Rear Lateral Raise
    Dumbell Lateral Raise 10 x 4 @ 10kg
    Machine Shrugs 10 x 4 @ 70kg

Pec Dec (Wanted to stretch my chest out a little)

I could really feel my inferior anterior delt burn during shoulders today, they should be perfectly even in no time

Diet:

Excellent. The whole week has been great for my diet, all clean.
    I'm on track for my goal weight!

My colleagues at work are astounded at the amount I eat, and how bland it all is. That makes me feel quite good, for some reason... Must... Eat... More....

Blah:

I'm slightly miffed about my knee. I'm hoping I can be back in the leg room squatting ASAP - it's gonna depend upon what I need to do to fix it, could be surgery . Lets hope it will just be a leg brace for a couple of weeks. What makes it not so bad is that im gaining some quality mass in my upperbody, i've noticed esspecially in my arms. Tris and Bis are exploding. W00t.

Seeing Matrix today (sat), cant wait

Wednesday 12/11/03

Workout:

Wednesday - Back/Bis
    Pullups 3 x 2 @ BW
    Seated Row 8 x 3 @ 9 bars (up by 2 - nice pump after this, could really feel the lats working)
    Lat Pull Wide 8 x 3 @ 9 bars
    Narrow Seated Back 10 x 3 @ 9 bars

Barbell Curl 8 x 2 @ 23kg, 8 x 1 @ 18kg
    Hammer Curls 10 x 2 @ 15kg, 12 x 1 @ 10kg

Diet:

Entered my cals in fitday.com, eating approx 3200 atm... All clean!

Blah:

Missed last friday and mondays journal entries, was a bit busy with things. Monday was a great workout, my chest is starting to take shape now. Tris are clearly getting bigger too, good stuff
    Hopefully my weight has gone up by next Monday (it's still at 70.8) to get to my goal of 75 of clean mass by xmas!
    Last edited by Exnor; 11-20-2003 at 05:57 AM.

Monday 18/11/03

Workout:

Weighed in at 72kg [up 1.2kg]

Goal is 75kg at roughly my current bodyfat (~12%) by New Year.

Monday - Chest/Tris

Dips: 15xBW, 10xBW, 10xBW
    Flat Bench Press: 15xbar warmup, 10x40kg, 8x45kg*, 6x45kg
    Incline Bench Press: 10xbar, 8x30kg, 6x30kg
    Cable Flys: 10x4bars, 10x5bars*
    Incline Dumbbell Flys: 10x16kg*, 10x16kg
    Tricep Pushdown: 9x45kg*, 8x45kg, 7x45kg

* - Sets marked with a red asterix are gains since the beginning of the journal.

Taking baby steps with my chest again. It's slightly annoying since my old max 1RM was around 65kg. I'm expriencing gains in my tris, and my chest is catching up now.

Diet:

Good. approx 3200kcal. Fitday.com says my calories are coming roughly equally from proteins, fats, and carbs. See attached pic for pie chart.

Blah:

I've missed a couple of entries on my journal due work taking up the time. I'm very pleased to report a 1.2kg gain today, although I think some of that might be water. I'm seeing the changes in size quite clearly, which is very comforting.

I sorted out what was wrong with my knee today (see this thread for more info). I should be able to get back in the leg room within the month, yay!

My gym is doing a special offer right now, where if you complete a free 5 day online course (apparently its easy) you get a years free membership. Now this I could not resist, but at the same time thought it could be to good to be true. I asked the gym owner what he was getting out of it - apparently the government is paying for it all to try to encourage people to learn more. I filled in the forms and a dude phoned me up at work. He told me that I could do both courses available and get two years free membership! Wicked. I'm meeting up with him next Wednesday at 7.30pm at my gym to sign some papers. Overall this will save me £560 ($948 US) over the next two years.

I'm currently at work and have done non yet, and its 15:18. Better get to it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wednesday 19/11/03

Workout:

Wednesday - Back/Bis

3 crazy dudes were doing 100 chinups each divided into about 10 sets so I didnt get a look in. Nevermind.

The machines dont have weight markings on them, just numbered bars. I'll measure progress by bars.

Lat pull wide: 15x3 warmup, 10x8, 10x9, 8x9
    Seated Row: 10x7, 9x8*, 9x8
    Narrow Seated Back: 10x8, 9x10*, 9x10, 8x9
    Barbell Curl: 6x25.5kg*, 5x25.5kg, 6x23kg, 9x18kg
    Hammer Curls: 16x8kg, 16x8kg, 16x8kg SS 16x5kg

* - Sets marked with a red asterix are Personal Bests (gains).
    SS - supersetted.

My arms are gaining in size and strength since I started with a proper diet, it feels quite good.

Diet:

Clean. Approx 3300kcal. I think I'm going to try to stick to around 3100. The other 200 came from excess carbs.

Blah:

I went shopping after to get some chicken and strawberries in the supermarket, slightly annoying since the last thing I wanna do after a hard workout is carry shopping home. But I needed food . Came home, cooked 4 chicken breasts and lots of rice for that nights meal and the following 2 days lunches. Scoffed the remains of my packet of strawberries... mmm they are nice

Just before bed, I was doing my routine anti-zit face cleansing crap with cotton pads, topless, when I started talking to my flatmate Kelly. She commented on my pecs and said they were quite "high" and muscley. This made me feel quite good, although it was quite strange since my pecs are really lagging behind everything else...

Anyway, I got to bed at around 11:45, and went to sleep within 10 minutes. One of the things I love about weight lifting.

I was thinking while puffing and panting running to the train station today that my cardio vascular state is far from optimal. I think once my soles are ready and i've got used to them ill start doing some cardio. It will probably mean eating more, but hell, I need it. I was looking at Aka23's journal and it looks like he does quite well on the eliptical machine, i'll give that a go. Probably will start just after Christmas.

Which reminds me, my Mum wanted to know what I wanted for
    Christmas. I have no idea and said dont worry, but she insisted. It then occured to me that it might be quite cool to listen to music in the gym, so mabye an mp3 player... would be quite nice. Seems a lot of people here on WBB find music a help to lifting.

Thats me over and out till Friday.

Took some progress pics tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images