The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ever Feel Like Yelling STFU in Gym

This Wednesday I had to deal with the most annoying two people in the gym. These two girls topped the guy that barks like a dog, curl jockeys and the homeless bodybuilder.

I was waiting for the elliptical and two girls are using the machines. Anyway, although they have people waiting behind them and it is my understanding there is a 20 minute limit on machines, they were talking and on for about 40 minutes. Now, I am waiting patiently, but am getting pissed off since they kept talking and talking and stopping their workout so they could focus on their next sentence every once in a while. They did so many times that the elliptical would pause the workout.

I donít know what was worse. The fact they were being rude by using the machines for so long or that they talked on and on. I mean they were loud and so annoying talking about how their boyfriend this and OMG I wanted to slap him. After me and my buddy got on a machine that became available we still had to workout listening to them. These girls were some mean Twinkies. They were talking about other girls and how they hated them. It was impossible to zone them out (think Valley Girls). Anyway, my friend decides to change the channel on the TV next to the machine and one turns to the other and says, how rude, I was watching that. I am how the hell can they be watching it if all they did is workout. These girls would just not stop talking. I wanted to pull a Grand Theft Auto on them.

After I did my workout and did some weight and came back to do some more cardio they were still there on the elliptical. I canít believe some people. To top it all off these girls had no business doing cardio. I mean they probably had a combined weight of 180 LBS.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    When their **** starts affecting you I can understand how it gets really really annoying... To the point you want to smash some knee caps. I try to keep my cool though... Like the other day I had such a good line I could have used on these 3 guys using belts while doing chest bouncing benches and other retarded stuff. "I see you ladies got maching dresses"
    w00t

During the summer time I have to work during the day and I workout at night. This always sucks because the gym is always packed and it's just hard to get in a workout in a decent amount of time. One of my biggest problems during this time of the year is with this one particular woman who uses this nautilus ab machine. It's not so much that she uses it, it's just that she does 30-40 reps and 3-4 sets. And she is hardly putting any effort into it. Just my luck that she always manages to get on that machine right before me. So I have to sit there and wait for her to do her "toning". Drives me crazy.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I had another incident yesterday. I was once again waiting for the elliptical and this one guy was using it but looked like he was more interested in watching TV and talking on his cell. I am waiting for the machine and he uses one hand on the handles and moves his legs every so often as if he is riding a bull. The machine paused and was not counting anything since he was not really working out. He would call people on his cell phone and when he hung up would call another person. He was not interested in really working out but was using the machines and being rude about it.

I finally get a machine and there was a guy waiting in line behind my that obviously was pissed of that this guy was on his cell phone and not working out while he waited for an available machine. I zone out the guy out and commence my workout. Then all of a sudden, the guy that was behind me approaches the guys and says, ďAre you actually going to work out man or talk on your cell phone all dayĒ. The guy puts the person on hold, gives the guy the dirtiest look, and says, ďYes, yes I amĒ. He said it in a way like the guy was being rude for interrupting his call.

He goes back to his call, continues to talk for about 5 more minutes, and then actually begins to work out. The funny part is this guy is using his cell phone and is not even really talking. He would mutter a word every now and then. You could tell the guy was bored and would rather be talking to his friends. I just do not understand why he did not use the other elliptical without handles so he could work out and talk on his cell. There were like 7 available, but he chose the one with handles. There are only 5 of them and they were all being used.

Some people.

What gym do you go to?
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

24 Hour Fitness

humm
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Yeah there are alot of people like that at my gym too, but Im alot bigger than them, so I just carry them aong with the machine out into the parking lot and throw them into the dumpster. Seems to work well and gets the point across.

In the meantime, maybe you should use a treadmill instead i the elipticals are in use? The tend to work better anyway
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

I can't stand running and not going anywhere. Besides, the threadmills impact my knees. Sometimes I just use the stepper instead.

Another thought... Skinny cardio bunnies suck, tell them that they have a hair out of place and they'll run into the changeroom to fix it, thereby freeing up your machine
    Then get more play

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

hahahha that was a good one. Too bad it was two of them and the other one could call me out on the lie.

Tell they both look good enough that they don't need the carido.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

It's posts like these that really make me want to sign up at a gym hehe. Maybe one day I will go just to test it out.

I had something similar happen the other day at the gym. I did my first set on a machine and got up to get a drink. I was gone less than a minute and I was following two ladies back to the area and they got on my machine and started adjusting everything. Honest mistake right? NO! I had my belt sitting next to it and my log book on top of it. Wouldn't you assume somebody was using it? Nobody leaves that stuff if they're not on the damn thing. So one of them gets on it and starts talking to the other girl. Doesn't do a freaking set and I finally told them I had a few sets left but it was okay if they wanted to work in with me. They apologized and left. C'mon, duh ladies. Oh well, didn't mean to steal your thread
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Originally posted by Shankerr
    Skinny cardio bunnies suck
    I wish they did that @ my gym.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Do you have an all club membership? You should come to Sacramento, you can experience the Daimyo.

if you pinch them on theire ass cheeks, the will most likeley go away from the machine.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Yeah, and come back with the manager to boot your ass pinching ass...unless they liked it
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

try what rock said if that fails a good cack slap will make them move

btw it sounds like your suffering from roid rage
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Originally posted by Bam Bam
    btw it sounds like your suffering from roid rage
    I agree
    Then get more play

rookiebldr says:
    Shane says:
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

lol, oh man i feel sorry for you guys

my gym is decent in that we don't have people like that really (university gym)
    and the last coupla times i went there have been some tasty girls there.

Must be the time I go there during the day. I don't hang out near the aerobic machines anyways. I meet these slack asses in martial arts too.

Banned
    Yeah there is this 1 annoying lady always bitching about something........

My wife.....

I work out at home....

You know what I REALLY hate in the gym?? When you're like, in there.

And other people show up and start lifting. Or using the machines. I mean, what the hell??? I pay my semesterly facilities fee, I should get the damn place to myself. How DARE they???
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

hahahahahaha! @ stray dogg
    Last edited by PizDoff; 10-13-2003 at 04:33 PM.

LETS ROLL!
    That was was hilariouse belial. Yeah i agree with stray dogg. But as long as you have a decent home gym i think that is the way to go.
    1. Do the right thing.
    2. Do it to the best of you ability.
    3. Treat other people as you want to be treated.