Thread: Full body workout-doin' good but advice needed

Full body workout-doin' good but advice needed

hi everyone:
    Well I am doing a full body workout routine loosely based on a HIT system,I am having great results-Actually better results than anything else I have ever tried-HOWEVER..what I have noticed as that instead of doing three a week I have cut it back to 2 a week and am getting bigger...so point by point here are some current things I need advice on...

1]I worked out this past Wednesday and thought I would do Sunday[tomorrow] but when I woke up today my muscles were so sore...is this typical and should I wait until Monday or Tuesday now to do my full workout?[I'm 40 years old]

2]Just bought some whey protein powder, but all it seems to do is make me fat then I noticed the second ingredient is Fructose! Could this be the culprit , because when I was not using protein powder and eating eggs cottage cheese etc. I noticed a much slimmer waist...
    [Its the Trader Joes brand I bought it in L.A.]
    3]How should I fit doing some aerobics into my routine, I love the cross trainer but should I do it when my muscles are sore from lifitng..?same thing with swimming....
    any advice from you Gods and Goddesses of weight liftng would be appreciated...and still would love to have a serious weight training partner here in Rainy Vancouver....
    Thanks for any and all advice..
    Vanfreak
    "There's no sinner without a future and no Saint without a Past"
    -Babajii Indian Guru

The Tuna Tempter
    1) Muscles can still recover even if you train them while sore, as long as you're giving them nutrients they need. This statement holds true to an extent, because it's really mostly the CNS that's the limiting factor in how frequent you can train.

2) I don't see how you can narrow down whey protein as the source of your weight gain? Maybe other variables have changed (such as the amount of calories you're taking in), coinciding with your use of whey protein. It's the total amount of calories that you eat that's the deciding factor in whether you gain or lose weight.

3) Do your cardio on non weight training days. Moderate intensity cardio shouldn't really hamper your recovery too much.
    Life's too short to be small

check out the HST site
    Sychokid trying to solve an equation on AIM:

RolyPolyAA: 3x - 7 < 8.
    RolyPolyAA: okay well
    RolyPolyAA: minus 3x from one side
    RolyPolyAA: to the other
    RolyPolyAA: then take the 8
    WiNgS162k3: lol
    RolyPolyAA: and subtract it to the other side
    RolyPolyAA: and make them have sex
    WiNgS162k3: u dont know what the fvck ur doing!
    RolyPolyAA: until they produce a 69
    RolyPolyAA: and la la alal
    WiNgS162k3: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RolyPolyAA: ;-)

1]I worked out this past Wednesday and thought I would do Sunday[tomorrow] but when I woke up today my muscles were so sore...is this typical and should I wait until Monday or Tuesday now to do my full workout?[I'm 40 years old]

you need to allow recovery and surcompensation if you want to get stronger workout after workout. If you are more oriented toward size maybe you can try HST (not sure if it'll work better than your 2 full body per week...)
    Last edited by Gavan; 10-12-2003 at 05:08 AM.
    Gain Muscles ? Overload !
    Lose Fat ? Input < Output
    Genetic determines your potential
    Chins : 10x106kg Dips 10x109kg

Originally posted by Tank23
    1) Muscles can still recover even if you train them while sore, as long as you're giving them nutrients they need. This statement holds true to an extent, because it's really mostly the CNS that's the limiting factor in how frequent you can train.
    I agree.