The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Meal size

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Hey- I normally eat a large breakfast because by the time I'm out of bed I've got an insatiable hunger for wahtever I can grab. Its all healthy and clean food (sprouted wheat toast, eggs, oatmeal, whey protein), but I want to know whether or not simply eating a large meal can spike insulin levels and cause my body to...well... not do what I want it to do. I seem to feel sluggish about three or four hours after I eat and I'm thinking..
    "Shouldnt I have tons of energy? I just slept nine whole hours and ate that huge breakfast!"
    Thanks for the help.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well it is generally better to stick to more frequent smaller meals, but everyone knows that breakfast is important as you have been sleeping for 9 hours with no nutrition so your body is craving fuel when you wake up..

What you suggested you eat doesn't appear that big, is that all you eat ?

My large breakfast can sometimes make me feel the same way, but after half hour or so I am fine..

How big is it compared to your other meals, and how is it bigger ? ie, more carbs, protein or fat ?

I didnt list the quantity of what I eat sometimes. I sometimes eat (gulp..) about half of my daily calories during breakfast. Yeah, I know. I'm quite a small person and dont eat 3000+ calories a day. I'm still trying to drop a few pounds so I'm trying to keep the insulin levels in check.

Not by eating half of your calories at breakfast.

If you are falling apart after a few hours of that meal, then you are certainly causing a hormonal reaction in your body that you do not want to have.

Suggestion= re look at your entire meal program and how you are breaking down the calories,
    Secondly if you are waking up that hungry, that is because chances are you didn't eat enough calories later in the day to get you through the night, thus causing the panic in the morning.

You say you are trying to lean out, yet cutting calories severaly is going to just make your body want to hold on to the fat even more
    The human body is very clever at detecting a fammine, so do not create on on purpose.. give it a reason to trust that on a regular basis you are going to feed it clean healhty food and water.

MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

Ok, I'm starting by eating 4 equally sized meals and a glass of whey at night, bout two hours before bed. For the first day, yesterday, I at least seemed to have normal energy levels after breakfast.

So what did you eat in those 4 meals?

Also, I would have your whey protein a little closer to bed time..

MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Originally posted by Hulk
    ...but everyone knows that breakfast is important as you have been sleeping for 9 hours with no nutrition so your body is craving fuel...

HAHAHAHA - yeah, everybody knows that, Hulk - that is why I always have a protein shake (55grams of it in water)in the middle of the night, when I wake up to take a ****...

If you guys arent doing this you are missing out on a lot, especially if you are like me and sleep 10 hours a day.

Also, Ronan does the same thing and look at him! he's a monster!!! LOL

I wish I could do that, but I have a crappy stomach, and I wouldn't be able to sleep after drinking a shake in the middle of the night, and I also know that I would wake up with a burning stomach...

Anyways, wouldn't that NOT be a good thing to do. Considering you are disturbing your sleep?

I mean it takes awhile to reach the point in your sleep where you actually grow, right? Wouldn't breaking into that process cause problems?

Twiztid
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

It's better to have 10 hours of sleep than to force yourself waking up in the middle of the night for a protein shake.. You stop the proccess of REM.

I agree with Blackalpha...

I go to be fairly late anyhow about 12ish and eat half an hour before bed and then wak at about 8 so theres no way I am waking up to eat