Thread: Not Lossing Weight Anymore (Switch Diet?)

Not Lossing Weight Anymore (Switch Diet?)

Hey guys, I am no longer loosing weight and am wondering if I should switch my diet back. I decided to go to a Ketogenic diet when I went down to 217 from 245 and stopped losing weight. For the last two weeks I am ranging from 192-195. I canít seem to budge. The funny part is that these last three weeks I have increased my cardio a significant amount. If I recall correctly, a Keto diet is ideal for someone who has a high body fat percentage. Although I am no male model, I have decreased my body fat from around 30%-35% to 18%. My goal was to hit 188 by October 31, but I think I may not reach it anymore. Should I go back to a balanced diet? I would love to since I am tired of the limited food.

Here is my workout routine:

Monday = 20-25 min. Cardio and Chest workout (WBB1) 20-25 min Cardio
    Tuesday = 20-25 min. Cardio and Back workout (WBB1) 20-25 min Cardio
    Wednesday= 20-25 min. Cardio and Leg workout (WBB1) 20-25 min Cardio
    Thursday= Off
    Friday= 40-45 min. Cardio and Arm workout (WBB1) 35-40 min Cardio
    Saturday or Sunday= 45-60 Cardio

Supplements
    Ripped Fuel Extreme
    ON 100% Whey

Water- I am not drinking the gallon per day I should. Sometimes I may only drink about 16 ounces and other half a gallon

Calories: Not counting them exactly but I would say 1800-1900.

Try the Ultimate Diet 2.0. If you want proof of it's value, check out Mik's, rookiebldr's, fuzz's, or my journal. I was making 0 progress at one point and I dropped 4% without any weight loss in 3 weeks. It was totally worth the $20.

How long have you been dieting? If you have been dieting for an extended period of time it might be beneficial to take a week off and eat around maintenance levels.

I would say maybe six to seven months. I think I will give Diet 2.0 a try. It just sucks that I bought Lyle's book less then two months ago and then a new one comes out. I know his stuff is worth it, so I will be getting it on payday.

I second Gal's recommendation. Totally worth it, even if you don't use his diet.
    Last edited by fuzz; 10-13-2003 at 11:52 AM.

Originally posted by harryhoudini66
    I would say maybe six to seven months. I think I will give Diet 2.0 a try. It just sucks that I bought Lyle's book less then two months ago and then a new one comes out. I know his stuff is worth it, so I will be getting it on payday.
    In Lyle's book he recommends taking a week or so off of dieting before starting the UD 2.0. You could start now and then be ready by the time you have the diet planned out.

Should I go buck wild then with my diet? You know eat whatever I want and not worry about anything? I may want to start until November though.

I started drinking more water today just in case I am retaining. So far I have drunk 72 FL OZ.

I wouldn't go crazy - eat a normal, maintenance diet.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    another vote for a week or two of maintenance cals

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

I think it was water retention. I have drunk more then a gallon today and weighed myself about 20 minutes ago and am at 192.5. I am still going to give the other diet a try though. You guys got me all excited.

I got the Ultimate version and it is very impressive. It kind of is the same as what I am doing now. I will change to this new diet in November though when I am around 15% body fat.